Notices
Northern (England) Northern Meetings & Events

kielder to Scotland

Search this Thread

Old 21 November 2000, 08:31 PM
jason b
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dave and Munna how about taking on part of the kielder run again then taking in some of the sights around sunny scotland making it a full on days driving.Not sure on the write route ( any ideas anyone!!! ) .

SKYE 2001
This is the ride of a lifetime!!!!!! NO JOKE!
Last year me my girlfriend and the dogs went for a quiet week!!!!!
We went in my then 285bhp gti-r.
The road from Loch Lomand is fantastic!!! every kind of road you can think of only miles and miles of it with very very good tarmac, long 160mph straights for several miles through fantasic valleys with not a car in sight.The road from Ben Nevis is out of this world with views and roads that we all dream about and perfect for getting things fine tuned for the real treat,as i found out one morning being awoke by the sound of bikes and cars heading up the kyle of lochalsh road to the skye bridge.
This is where the real fun starts, 30ish miles of pure adrenalin with no police!!!!
I went on that road every day i was their which in turn was a full-on race from the exit of the bridge to portree with about 70-100 bikes a day!!! who i must say where a credit to bikers as they gave me full respect.They told me it is racers heaven for bikes and cars and is infamous among the scottish community.The best time to go is between end of march and june due to tourists. ANY ONE ELSE COMING AS I AM GOING BACK FOR ROUND 2!!!????????
oh i forgot if you think that sounds to much fun then their the road to Glenelg which is very similar to a french alps road!!!!!!
AND MANY MANY MORE.
THIS WILL BE THE BEST 3 OR 4 DAYS OF YOUR LIFE NO JOKE!!!!!!!!
Old 21 November 2000, 08:56 PM
MarkF
Scooby Regular

Jason there are a few good roads that go north from Keilder. Where we turned off right to go across to the lake itself, if you go straight on up past Riccarton junction the road is superb. Really twist and smooth tarmac. Or we could go up through the forest drive . Its all tarmac and is relly good. Shouldn't be many tourists about now either.
Old 22 November 2000, 04:43 PM
munna
Scooby Regular

Cool

Jase....R U off yer trolley....if the answer is yes then that's OK...that makes two of us??....I am now without a car...the car was dropped off at Wilding's after I met with you on the main road....my parent's thought I had an accident!!!!....any way When this day does go ahead i will be Carless so I will have to ride with someone......Pretty stoopid huh??...one of the co organiser's not having a ScooB!!!!....oh well we shall hav to meet up for dinner sometime to Discuss the meet..?...so that would be My self,Dave,(YOU)(Jason)..MarkF,And Brian to discuss the routes..the entertainment...(Strip club anyone??!!)and no I do not mean the drag strip either...before you ask!!..although the thought did cross my mind!!..Jason Give me a buzz some time on 07931750954...and you to mark....we will arrange to go out for a few drink's and a meal...and put together some ideas...ok chaps??
Old 22 November 2000, 05:20 PM
AndrewW
Scooby Regular

Wink

I did the very same run a couple of weekends ago. All I can say is awesome ...

But, beware of cops on the Isle of Sky, I saw two (different) cop cars on the very road that you are talking about.

Andrew.
Old 22 November 2000, 06:45 PM
sport special
Scooby Regular

Cool

Yea Newcastleton Kielder area very good, Quiet at this time of year too.

One of the best roads for the twisty stuff is the 701 from Moffat to Edinburgh.

Also thro Eskdalemuir forest good fast roads but have to watch out for wood lorries and bambi

Paul