Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

You have it in one there!
Old 10 November 2013, 07:16 PM
Bonehead
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Midlife......
Bonehead

I note your comment that the Gov't have shafted the Police. Just not sure how? Have you had your pension and terms and conditions changed yet?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-11446830

I would love to have your pension...........

Shaun
Very very out of date that

14.5% is what im paying into a pension worth much much less than I signed up for, plus ill be working a long time after my 55th birthday
Yes its still a good pension, just not what we signed up for which gets my goat.

The thing about policing is, there are plenty here who dont think we do a good job or can be trusted.
So why are all the prisons full, and thanks to the govs sentencing guidlines its very difficult to get any custodial time, and why dont any of you lot man up and either sign up as full cops or as specials?
Old 10 November 2013, 07:45 PM
Bonehead
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by mrmadcap
Wrong people in the wrong job in the wrong place at the wrong time unfortunately.

Like the keystone cops that kicked the **** out of a blind man because they thought his white stick was a samurai sword.
Stupid comments

If they weren't there then who the f##k was going to stop the scum

Secondly were you there with the guy with white stick?
He got tasered as he walked away from the cop not beaten up
Now from what I understand the cop was told the guy was tooled up with a bladed weapon, there are very clear rules to be followed, a challenge and a warning is given which obviously was ignored so the taser ended up being discharged
Now the cop was either trigger-happy and should be gripped, or the circumstances that lead to the taser being discharged haven't been fully reported as it helps in another Police bashing story

You should see the mountain of pro-formas that have to be filled in if a taser is drawn.

Last edited by Bonehead; 10 November 2013 at 07:46 PM.
Old 10 November 2013, 08:04 PM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Unfortunately, most people don't come into much contact with the police, but when they do, they are either annoyed by being "done", or need help.

What then sours it for many, many people is the attitude, and dishonesty of the police officers with whom they have contact.

Add to that, that the only contact MOST folk have with the police is when the letter arrives demanding money with menaces. A friend of mine sat next to a NW Chief Constable at a posh do, and the CC bemoaned that very fact...but was UN-willing to do anything about it.

"We are only obeying orders..." cut zero ice in 1945, and cuts even less now.
If you know something is wrong, do something about it. If you do nothing, or enforce it anyway, you are as guilty as anyone.
Old 13 November 2013, 07:10 AM
cster
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by alcazar

Yes, but that was about the killing of six million people because of their ethnicity in murder factories.
Do you not think it inappropriate to trivialise this fact by equivalating it with receiving a speeding ticket through your letter box?
Old 13 November 2013, 10:50 AM
Bonehead
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by alcazar
Unfortunately, most people don't come into much contact with the police, but when they do, they are either annoyed by being "done", or need help.

What then sours it for many, many people is the attitude, and dishonesty of the police officers with whom they have contact.

Add to that, that the only contact MOST folk have with the police is when the letter arrives demanding money with menaces. A friend of mine sat next to a NW Chief Constable at a posh do, and the CC bemoaned that very fact...but was UN-willing to do anything about it.

If you know something is wrong, do something about it. If you do nothing, or enforce it anyway, you are as guilty as anyone.
Can you explain your dishonesty comments further and give examples, and I don't mean Hillsborough or De Menezes, actual personal experiences where cops have been dishonest to you

If you did my job you'd be amazed at some of the things people will say and do to each other, and the crap they spout when they come into contact with Police

I joined up to help folks and deal with the scumbags of society, so when I see someone doing something stupid, usually in a car, I prefer to deal with things with words of advice and tickets only get issued if someone starts arguing
If you drive around like an idiot, don't wear a seatbelt, use your mobile when driving, drive without insurance, MOT, licence etc then as far as I'm concerned you might as well have a neon sign above your head asking to be stopped.
If you then stand there and argue then really what do you expect Police to do.
Plus what would expect the Police to do if you were sat at a junction and someone ran a red light and nearly hit you? You'd want the cops to do something, right?

The CC cant really do anything about it they have ver little power and often very little idea of what's going on and usually no interest.
Everything comes from Gov guidelines/rules so even if he did change things the Gov doesn't fund forces by one big, or tiny as in my forces case, sum of money they give them a pot of money for one thing or a pot of money to fund something else and the Gov would just withhold it

I find your comments re obeying orders over the top to say the least.
Comparing my generation of Police to ***** is simply F'king outrageous.
I Police without fear or favour, I don't give a f**k who you are or what your history is, someone comes to me with a problem I will deal with it as impartially and professionally as I can.
I nor anyone I work with "just obey orders", if I see something wrong I do whatever I can to sort it.
That goes for all the folks I work with
Old 13 November 2013, 11:06 AM
ReallyReallyGoodMeat
Scooby Regular

It's just more proof of Godwin's Law at work

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Godwin's_law
Old 13 November 2013, 11:13 AM
RA Dunk
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Bonehead
Can you explain your dishonesty comments further and give examples, and I don't mean Hillsborough or De Menezes, actual personal experiences where cops have been dishonest to you

If you did my job you'd be amazed at some of the things people will say and do to each other, and the crap they spout when they come into contact with Police

I joined up to help folks and deal with the scumbags of society, so when I see someone doing something stupid, usually in a car, I prefer to deal with things with words of advice and tickets only get issued if someone starts arguing
If you drive around like an idiot, don't wear a seatbelt, use your mobile when driving, drive without insurance, MOT, licence etc then as far as I'm concerned you might as well have a neon sign above your head asking to be stopped.
If you then stand there and argue then really what do you expect Police to do.
Plus what would expect the Police to do if you were sat at a junction and someone ran a red light and nearly hit you? You'd want the cops to do something, right?

The CC cant really do anything about it they have ver little power and often very little idea of what's going on and usually no interest.
Everything comes from Gov guidelines/rules so even if he did change things the Gov doesn't fund forces by one big, or tiny as in my forces case, sum of money they give them a pot of money for one thing or a pot of money to fund something else and the Gov would just withhold it

I Police without fear or favour, I don't give a f**k who you are or what your history is, someone comes to me with a problem I will deal with it as impartially and professionally as I can.
I nor anyone I work with "just obey orders", if I see something wrong I do whatever I can to sort it.
I'm sorry but I actually agree with Alcazar, I've come across some right **** Police officers who were intent in doing more harm than good.

Have a read of this for more evidence of *****.
https://www.scoobynet.com/scotland-2...ce-please.html
Old 13 November 2013, 08:38 PM
cster
Scooby Regular

Well I've managed to sweet talk my way out of trouble with traffic police on at least five occasions when I was breaking the law as a matter of fact (ie not undue care and attention type matters of opinion), so I really can't complain.
I'd even go so far as to say that you'd actually have to be a bit of a d1ckhead to be treated any other way.
I mean I am not exactly well known for my diplomatic skills.
Shame I never managed to talk my way out of the 10 pointer for doing 120 mph (well that's what he was doing while I was pulling away).
Still the magistrates must have liked me, because I didn't lose my licence, even with the three points already on it.
I did have to be a good boy for the next three years though.
Old 14 November 2013, 03:33 PM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

Mr Mitchell lost his Cabinet job because of all the nonsense associated with that and with the evidence which has surfaced ever since it happened it is most unfair that he suffered as he did with what was presented as the truth at the time.

The truth should come out and appropriate action taken depending on accurate facts being presented.

Les
Old 14 November 2013, 04:07 PM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

As I have already stated, they are my business and I'm NOT about to air it on here. Suffice to say it wasn't good at the time, could have left me in a very poor position. Ditto my elldest lad. The younger one was only 14 when it happened to him, so it just amused him, but both now have a VERY healthy distrust of the police.

Yet I am demographically what ought to be one of their core supporters.

No, I wouldn't. My wife has worked in education all her life and is now at a very difficult school. She gets it from the kids AND the parents. And even she hasn't much respect for the local police.

If you are interested, go onto http://boards.footymad.net/forum.php...BCQUE5MjE4NDEx, look at the thread "An open letter to the chief of Humberside Police" for the lies the police tell, and the way they deal with the general public...THEN tell me we should trust them? I can tell you that EVERYTHING he says is true and most of what the local police commander says is lies. My bro-in-law was there, he was still shaken three hours later. He is as me, but has no love for the police, yet, demographically again, he should be in your core support group
Why aren't we?????????.

When you have lost ALL the public's support, will you stop then? Because you can't police us without our support, trust me.
Old 14 November 2013, 04:13 PM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

And I find the coppers whining about obeying orders, then having no public support, pathetic.

As I said, it cut no ice in 1945. If you don't like the allusion, tough. The police now are no more than government enforcers, bully-boys and auxiliary tax-gatherers. Have been since Thatcher's day.

Were the striking miners treated properly?
Is kettling a decent way to police?
Is forcing ALL football fans off a train, then corralling them in a garage car-park for two hours acceptable?
What of the police refusing Hull fans travelling to Huddersfield last season except by official supporters' coach? HOW IS THAT LEGAL???
What of two coach-loads of Lincoln fans travelling to Cheltenham last season? stooped outside Cheltenham, kept on the coaches, no water, no toilets, for two hours, then both turned round and sent back to Lincoln...not allowed into Cheltenham? HOW HAS ANYONE THE RIGHT TO DO THAT FFS???????

These are NOT thugs...they included women and children, families traveling together. Yet you whine I shouldn't cpmpare you to the *****...well start treating people like people, not animals, not numbers, not targets.

Come on...I could go on for hours. The police are basically rotten from the top down. Even some of the rank and file acknowledge it, yet do nothing. Just continue to obey the orders, then whine when compared to the *****.

I don't subscribe to ACAB, but TRUST one? Never!!!!!!!!

Last edited by alcazar; 14 November 2013 at 04:19 PM.