ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Mitchell-gate...now £1/3 million..... (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/989376-mitchell-gate-now-1-3-million.html)

alcazar 05 November 2013 08:34 AM

Mitchell-gate...now £1/3 million.....

This piece of utter stupidity has already cost the British taxpayer £1/3 million:mad:

WTF?????

Does ANYONE care enough?

And what the fukcing hell do MPs think they are at, spending sums like this on utter sh!te?????????

f1_fan 05 November 2013 09:08 AM

Originally Posted by alcazar (Post 11255833)
This piece of utter stupidity has already cost the British taxpayer £1/3 million:mad:

WTF?????

Does ANYONE care enough?

And what the fukcing hell do MPs think they are at, spending sums like this on utter sh!te?????????

As well we know nearly all MPs are lying scheming self serving pigs at the trough and senior police can be much the same. The truth about this whole affair almost definitely lies somwhere in the middle and in the interests of not wasting taxpayers' money it should have been dropped altogether months ago.

If any party wanted to pursue a private prosecution then they should have done so. My guess is if it came to using their own money it would not have got beyond the starting post. Much easier when you're spending taxpayers' money though.

W4nkers the lot of them!

Martin2005 05 November 2013 09:58 AM

Originally Posted by f1_fan (Post 11255857)
As well we know nearly all MPs are lying scheming self serving pigs at the trough and senior police can be much the same. The truth about this whole affair almost definitely lies somwhere in the middle and in the interests of not wasting taxpayers' money it should have been dropped altogether months ago.

If any party wanted to pursue a private prosecution then they should have done so. My guess is if it came to using their own money it would not have got beyond the starting post. Much easier when you're spending taxpayers' money though.

W4nkers the lot of them!

That's just not the point here is it?

The important question is, did the police deliberately attempt to undermine a government minister. Surely you're not suggesting that the case is dropped? This is a HUGE issue, how on earth would a private prosecution going to get the truth?

PS huge improvement in your post with the word 'nearly all' at the start. Hopefully some you'll move on to 'most' then maybe 'some' before finally you land on the reality of 'a few':lol1:

f1_fan 05 November 2013 10:22 AM

Originally Posted by Martin2005 (Post 11255891)
That's just not the point here is it?

The important question is, did the police deliberately attempt to undermine a government minister. Surely you're not suggesting that the case is dropped? This is a HUGE issue, how on earth would a private prosecution going to get the truth?

PS huge improvement in your post with the word 'nearly all' at the start. Hopefully some you'll move on to 'most' then maybe 'some' before finally you land on the reality of 'a few':lol1:

Yes I am absolutely suggesting the case be dropped.

1) It is not a huge issue to most people, just people like you. It happens every day with police, politicians and media to normal everyday people and just because this is one of Cameron's mates does not make it a huge isse.

2) it has been investigated TWICE already and 'the truth' cannot be found as both parties are lying and it is now one word against another. Given who it is that's involved I doubt the truth could ever be extracted even with torture as I think the truth is an alien concept to these people!

3) Aside from Cameron and a few other policitians and senior policemen who cares what was said? I care more about wasting yet more of our money flogging a dead horse.

Finally why do you believe most policticans are so honourable when just abotu everything else illustrates with facts that they are not! You are utterly deluded or maybe you are shacked up with one or something weirder!!

Martin2005 05 November 2013 10:46 AM

Originally Posted by f1_fan (Post 11255903)
Yes I am absolutely suggesting the case be dropped.

1) It is not a huge issue to most people, just people like you. It happens every day with police, politicians and media to normal everyday people and just because this is one of Cameron's mates does not make it a huge isse.

2) it has been investigated TWICE already and 'the truth' cannot be found as both parties are lying and it is now one word against another. Given who it is that's involved I doubt the truth could ever be extracted even with torture as I think the truth is an alien concept to these people!

3) Aside from Cameron and a few other policitians and senior policemen who cares what was said? I care more about wasting yet more of our money flogging a dead horse.

Finally why do you believe most policticans are so honourable when just abotu everything else illustrates with facts that they are not! You are utterly deluded or maybe you are shacked up with one or something weirder!!

I was just delighted to see you move away from the absolutist position you normally adopt. There's hope for you yet.

On Mitchel - we should ALL be interested if our police force are trying to undermine government ministers. I don't understand why you find that a difficult concept.

Dingdongler 05 November 2013 11:04 AM

Anybody who can't see the importance of this case for the entire country is blind. It doesn't matter what it costs and bleating about a few million quid is ridiculous.

Thankfully this sort of thing wouldn't happen in Australia.

f1_fan 05 November 2013 11:10 AM

Originally Posted by Martin2005 (Post 11255922)
I don't understand why you find that a difficult concept.

And you're inability to understand a simple point is my problem why?

f1_fan 05 November 2013 11:11 AM

Originally Posted by Dingdongler (Post 11255938)
Anybody who can't see the importance of this case for the entire country is blind.

The importance is irrelevant when the truth will never be established!

Martin2005 05 November 2013 11:16 AM

Originally Posted by f1_fan (Post 11255943)
And you're inability to understand a simple point is my problem why?

Oh dear - I see we're back into 'wriggle and insult' mode

f1_fan 05 November 2013 11:20 AM

Originally Posted by Martin2005 (Post 11255947)
Oh dear - I see we're back into 'wriggle and insult' mode

Martin my explanation is there in post 4 as clear as day. It could nto be any clearer! Your inability to understand it is not my problem! Not insulting, just stating a fact!

David Lock 05 November 2013 11:29 AM

He could buy a nice new bike for that money :thumb:

dl

jonc 05 November 2013 11:29 AM

Whilst this whole affair seems like a waste of tax payers money, a conclusion for this inquiry is needed in order to ensure our Police force uphold or at least be seen to uphold the highest moral code of ethics that is required of them as an example to all others. This inquiry has thus far shown that it is anything but and questions have to be asked and those involved need to be held accountable for their actions. Had a precedence been set for it to simply be brushed under the carpet and the Police force not held to account and simply continue to be a law unto themselves, we the public would eventually lose all confidence and trust (or what little they have) with the Police force. Whether the truth will come out or not, it is of utmost importance for the Police that they realise they too are publically accountable for their actions for all to see.

Martin2005 05 November 2013 11:31 AM

Originally Posted by f1_fan (Post 11255951)
Martin my explanation is there in post 4 as clear as day. It could nto be any clearer! Your inability to understand it is not my problem! Not insulting, just stating a fact!

OK well I suggest that you go back and reread and edit what you actually posted. It sure as hell looks like you are saying this isn't of interest, especially that part where you say 'it isn't of interest'

ReallyReallyGoodMeat 05 November 2013 11:44 AM

I'm with F1 on this.

No matter what is judged in court, the truth will not be out regardless of how much time and money is spent on this so in that sense is irrelevant. There will be no victory whatever the outcome, as it can't be trusted, no matter what either side tells us.

I hope to be proved wrong.

f1_fan 05 November 2013 11:46 AM

Originally Posted by Martin2005 (Post 11255958)
OK well I suggest that you go back and reread and edit what you actually posted. It sure as hell looks like you are saying this isn't of interest, especially that part where you say 'it isn't of interest'

Sigh! Yes, but that is not what we are talking about.

Here is what you said:

Originally Posted by Martin2005 (Post 11255922)
On Mitchel - we should ALL be interested if our police force are trying to undermine government ministers. I don't understand why you find that a difficult concept.

That is your opinion and it is just that, an opinion not a fact! I then replied that you inability to understand why I don't (see it as being of interest) is not my problem!

I then added that my explanation as to why that is is in post 4 and if you can't understand that then so be it!

Now you are using the fact that I said it wasn't of interest in some bizarre justification of your stance as if I have now aid the opposite when I haven't.

You actually do this all the time! I am not sure if you read things that aren't there or just like winding folk up to be frank!

Anyway you have a wildly different opinion on this to me.... I feel I know when a horse is dead, you want to keep on flogging it. Two different opinions and as neither of us are likely to be changing theirs anytime soon I see little point in engaging further on the matter!

Martin2005 05 November 2013 12:05 PM

You actually do this all the time! I am not sure if you read things that aren't there or just like winding folk up to be frank!
Now that really is takes the biscuit - you've got some neck, I'll give you that

alcazar 05 November 2013 12:56 PM

Originally Posted by jonc (Post 11255955)
Whilst this whole affair seems like a waste of tax payers money, a conclusion for this inquiry is needed in order to ensure our Police force uphold or at least be seen to uphold the highest moral code of ethics that is required of them as an example to all others. This inquiry has thus far shown that it is anything but and questions have to be asked and those involved need to be held accountable for their actions. Had a precedence been set for it to simply be brushed under the carpet and the Police force not held to account and simply continue to be a law unto themselves, we the public would eventually lose all confidence and trust (or what little they have) with the Police force. Whether the truth will come out or not, it is of utmost importance for the Police that they realise they too are publically accountable for their actions for all to see.

But surely this IS now the point: no-one will be held accountable because it's down to their word against his.

And it's laughable to think that either a politician or a police officer would NOT tell lies.

Even if someone WERE found to have lied...what EXACTLY would happen?

A politician would resign as a minister and be re-appointed six months down the line after an apology.
A police officer would either get a reprimand, or be allowed to retire on full benefits.

Martin2005 05 November 2013 01:39 PM

Originally Posted by alcazar (Post 11256030)
But surely this IS now the point: no-one will be held accountable because it's down to their word against his.

And it's laughable to think that either a politician or a police officer would NOT tell lies.

Even if someone WERE found to have lied...what EXACTLY would happen?

A politician would resign as a minister and be re-appointed six months down the line after an apology.
A police officer would either get a reprimand, or be allowed to retire on full benefits.

In the same way that you were telling everone that Chris Hunme would never go to jail?

RA Dunk 05 November 2013 02:42 PM

Martin why do you continually follow F1 Fans posts and cause an argument every time.

Your nothing more than a troll.

Martin2005 05 November 2013 02:44 PM

Originally Posted by RA Dunk (Post 11256142)
Martin why do you continually follow F1 Fans posts and cause an argument every time.

Yeah - actually it's 2 for the price of one when you join in;)

cster 05 November 2013 03:04 PM

1/3 of a million pounds - who cares about that?

Leslie 05 November 2013 03:22 PM

Very silly episode....whoever started it!

Les

RA Dunk 05 November 2013 03:27 PM

Originally Posted by Martin2005 (Post 11256143)
Yeah - actually it's 2 for the price of one when you join in;)

Basically admitting to Trolling.

Martin2005 05 November 2013 03:43 PM

Originally Posted by RA Dunk (Post 11256190)
Basically admitting to Trolling.

Either that, or I believe that a potenially obscene violation of our democracy shouldn't just be dropped simply because some people cynically don't care?

But what the hell - yeah let's go with troll if it makes you feel good?

RA Dunk 05 November 2013 03:46 PM

What about every other thread you follow Chris around on, I suppose they are a potentially obscene violation of our democracy as well or have you another bullsh1t excuse for those?

Martin2005 05 November 2013 03:49 PM

Originally Posted by RA Dunk (Post 11256216)
What about every other thread you follow Chris around on, I suppose they are a potentially obscene violation of our democracy as well or have you another bullsh1t excuse for those?

Pressumably his or your inability not to follow me around is somehow different?

Miniman 05 November 2013 04:00 PM

Originally Posted by RA Dunk (Post 11256216)

But Martin only trolls F1's posts. F1 tries it on with everyone (with an attitude attached).

On balance I'd rather F1 fecked off as it would make NSR a much nicer place to debate stuff.

alcazar 05 November 2013 04:08 PM

Originally Posted by Martin2005 (Post 11256061)
In the same way that you were telling everone that Chris Hunme would never go to jail?

LOL, yes...and he didn't, really, did he?

Martin2005 05 November 2013 04:10 PM

Originally Posted by alcazar (Post 11256234)
LOL, yes...and he didn't, really, did he?

You have an interesting way of saying 'I was wrong':lol1:

alcazar 05 November 2013 04:12 PM

What, you think the sentence they got wasn't derisory? And FAR less than you or I would have got? FAR less than I've seen given for speeding?

And anyway, what does Huhne have to do with this debate?