Sun Holiday + Irish Ferry Help

Search this Thread

Old 27 September 2013, 05:50 PM
Dave1980
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sun Holiday + Irish Ferry Help

Evening All

Scoobynet has never let me down for anything in the past so here goes.

Me, the Mrs and Inlaws are off to Northern Ireland on the 7th October with a sun holiday. We have the accommadation sorted but need the ferry discount code for stena line.
The holiday park where we are staying is currently in the stage of moving offices and very hard to get hold of and have given us the wrong discount code for the stena line ferry. (Currently the ferry is costing £540 return for a landrover plus 4 passengers and cabin). The discounted ferry is supposed to be half of that.

Does anyone by anychance have a discount ferry code? as i aint paying that much to go there.

Cheers in advance and keeping my fingers crossed for a good result
Old 28 September 2013, 04:40 PM
Turbohot
Scooby Regular

Hello, Dave.

As your post has been here since yesterday with no responses (traffic is low here these days), I think you need to keep pestering that holiday park to provide you with right discount code. Their move should be no excuse for them to dump you with a wrong discount code. I very much doubt you're going to get donated with such a good discount code from anyone here, as they'd rather do a discounted travel to N. Ireland themselves with that. Well, unless you pay them some money i.e. 25% of what you save, because you'll still end up saving some of your money with that code. nonetheless. I may be wrong, but kindness comes with some kind of price these days.

BTW, I don't have that discount code, so I'm not asking for a 25% cut or anything.

Good luck, you may get donated a code from someone altruistic here- that's if they have it.

Last edited by Turbohot; 28 September 2013 at 06:13 PM.
Old 29 September 2013, 11:15 AM
tarmac terror
Scooby Regular

Dave, this all sounds a bit odd to me - no company in thier right mind would call themselves Sun holidays and be offering trips to Northern Ireland!!!! You've missed the week of sunshine in Northern Ireland, it was back in July!!!

If you want to, pm me the details of the holiday park, I live within a few minutes drive of several of them. It is no hardship for me to go and knock on their door.

I assume from your location and the info given alreay that you are travelling on the liverpool route. You rarely find heavily discounted offers on that route, it is usually the scottish crossing where there are regularly offers and discounts available.

Hope you get sorted out. Enjoy your stay in NI, if you need any recommendations on places to eat, drink or visit, drop me a PM.
Old 29 September 2013, 12:39 PM
David Lock
Scooby Regular

Holyhead to Dublin and drive North?

dl
Old 29 September 2013, 03:48 PM
Dave1980
Scooby Regular

Its alright sorted, thanks though. we are now having to travel from Fishguard to Rosslare and drive up to the Giants Causeway. The ferry code doesnt work on the liverpool route but is ok on the other ones.

Its Sun Holiday as in sun newspaper .
Old 29 September 2013, 06:00 PM
Turbohot
Scooby Regular

Great. Now no one will say that you were being a bit cheeky for asking for something as good as that. That's as donation as well?? Oh, come on!

On a serious note, enjoy your holiday.
Old 30 September 2013, 09:18 AM
urban
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Dave1980
Its alright sorted, thanks though. we are now having to travel from Fishguard to Rosslare and drive up to the Giants Causeway. The ferry code doesnt work on the liverpool route but is ok on the other ones.

Its Sun Holiday as in sun newspaper .
The Liverpool ferry is horrendously expensive anyway.

Giants Causeway and the Antrim coast is a lovely place.
Make sure you do the rope bridge too