Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Three energy companies are offering deals to freeze until March 2017......

Search this Thread

Old 27 September 2013, 05:18 PM
paulr
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Three energy companies are offering deals to freeze until March 2017......

Labour promise, if elected to freeze to Janaury 2017.

Option 1 is offered by the energy companies, which its possible, everyone could switch to right now. Option 2 (which would have the same result) will result in blackouts, and some energy companies leaving the market, in short, world catastrophe.

I'm confused???
Old 27 September 2013, 08:31 PM
Suresh
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

If you want a fixed tariff now, in essence *you* buy insurance against price rises. The insurance will cost you money. I think the Labour scheme forces the energy suppliers to buy the insurance from their profits or not buy the insurance and instead go belly up if market prices rise on the buy side but the sell side remains fixed.
Old 27 September 2013, 08:41 PM
RA Dunk
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by paulr

Option 1 is offered by the energy companies, which its possible, everyone could switch to right now. Option 2 (which would have the same result) will result in blackouts, and some energy companies leaving the market, in short, world catastrophe.

I'm confused???
Lol these energy companies don't want Labour in at all by the looks of it..
Old 27 September 2013, 08:57 PM
dnc
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by paulr

I'm confused???
Surely I can't be alone in wondering what you are going on about??
Old 27 September 2013, 09:15 PM
Turbohot
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by dnc
Surely I can't be alone in wondering what you are going on about??
Same here. I'm waiting for this thread to proceed, to get some meaning out of it.

Other than that, I think Paul might have only heard today what Miliband promised the other day. So, he's just, you know, kind of talking about it. I may be wrong, mind.
Old 27 September 2013, 09:17 PM
dpb
Scooby Regular

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

You're presumably buying your three years up front at quite at quite an hiked rate
Old 27 September 2013, 09:22 PM
Turbohot
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by dpb
You're presumably buying your three years up front at quite at quite an hiked rate
I'd rather know than presume tbh.
Old 27 September 2013, 09:27 PM
dpb
Scooby Regular

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Well you can never ever rely on a politician in the opposition, especially not that slimey oik
Old 27 September 2013, 09:36 PM
Turbohot
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by dpb
Well you can never ever rely on a politician in the opposition, especially not that slimey oik
I'm not relying on that cheesecake. I was talking about this>

Originally Posted by dpb
It's presuming about how the companies presumably would let us buy, not that Miliband, is it?

I think this thread is presumably going to drive people round the bend.
Old 27 September 2013, 09:50 PM
SJ_Skyline
Scooby Senior

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Setting prices on your own terms vs having the price and terms imposed on you? It's not Rocket Science?
Old 27 September 2013, 09:54 PM
Turbohot
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by SJ_Skyline
Setting prices on your own terms vs having the price and terms imposed on you? It's not Rocket Science?
Ok, ok! You are literally the guru, accepted. But who is doing it? I mean, setting prices on your own terms vs having the price and terms imposed on you? Which energy company? Are they doing it now, or are they going to do it when that Miliband tells them to?
Old 27 September 2013, 10:09 PM
SJ_Skyline
Scooby Senior

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Turbohot
Ok, ok! You are literally the guru, accepted. But who is doing it? I mean, setting prices on your own terms vs having the price and terms imposed on you? Which energy company? Are they doing it now, or are they going to do it when that Miliband tells them to?
PMSL, I'm no guru. I just happen to work for a living and have worked in a few sectors, E&U being one of them.

The businesses can set prices now based on current market prices and projections on the wholesale prices. US fracking and global adoption may well drive down the projected price which gives the businesses the confidence to set the price now on the premise it will decrease thus providing a profit. Lack of global fracking adoption will lead to continued uncertainty in the market meaning the business risks their profit but being tied in your price is guaranteed thus you don't lose out to the global market.

Well, that's the way I see it. Sure there are better educated and informed folks here than me who can set me straight
Old 27 September 2013, 10:19 PM
Turbohot
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by SJ_Skyline
PMSL, I'm no guru. I just happen to work for a living and have worked in a few sectors, E&U being one of them.

The businesses can set prices now based on current market prices and projections on the wholesale prices. US fracking and global adoption may well drive down the projected price which gives the businesses the confidence to set the price now on the premise it will decrease thus providing a profit. Lack of global fracking adoption will lead to continued uncertainty in the market meaning the business risks their profit but being tied in your price is guaranteed thus you don't lose out to the global market.

Well, that's the way I see it. Sure there are better educated and informed folks here than me who can set me straight
I get that, thanks, SJ. I'm still confused as to which three UK energy companies are going to freeze the prices, and are they doing it now before that Miliband attacks; thus make him see his bum? Perhaps I should Google it myself.
Old 27 September 2013, 11:04 PM
hodgy0_2
Scooby Regular

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

one does not have to worry overly about the energy companies

they have the fragrant Angela Knight representing them

Angela Knight, as chief apologist for the banks, spent the 7 years preceding the biggest financial crash in the history of the world telling all the idiots who would listen that "just let the banks get on with it and we will all be alright"

and that turned out petty well

Last edited by hodgy0_2; 27 September 2013 at 11:06 PM.
Old 27 September 2013, 11:46 PM
Turbohot
Scooby Regular

I think she recently threatened on TV that if Miliband's dream came alive, energy companies would struggle to meet the supply. This time she'll have Miliband to blame.

I must start stocking logs and candles for cold, dark times.