Hinckley, Leicestershire

Search this Thread

Old 27 August 2013, 04:52 PM
fitzscoob
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hinckley, Leicestershire

Hi all,

I'll be moving in the next few months and I'm looking for houses to rent to start with around the Hinckley area.

Ideally I'm looking for a village location, not the sprawling metropolis of Leicester - something more akin to Burbage etc.

As I don't know the area, I'm hoping others could point me in the right direction of places of note.

I'll be getting my feet on the ground over the weekend, but any suggestions would be most appreciated

Cheers

Fitz
Old 27 August 2013, 05:10 PM
the shreksta
Scooby Regular

Received 495 Likes on 339 Posts

Originally Posted by fitzscoob
Hi all,

I'll be moving in the next few months and I'm looking for houses to rent to start with around the Hinckley area.

Ideally I'm looking for a village location, not the sprawling metropolis of Leicester - something more akin to Burbage etc.

As I don't know the area, I'm hoping others could point me in the right direction of places of note.

I'll be getting my feet on the ground over the weekend, but any suggestions would be most appreciated

Cheers

Fitz
I live in hinckley so would be good to have another scooby around here.stay away from barwell, earl Shilton, and wykin unless of course you like drugs and pregnant 14 yr olds.hinckley is ok but there is some bad parts.burbage is full of pikeys and can be expensive.i will happily show you around when you move here.

hollycroft I live on is nice, roston drive is a good area and charnwood road have a few houses up there for rent

I will pm you the details of a few good estate agents inc the one I use so pick a few houses and show me and I will let you know if good or bad.hinckley is bad for traffic, where will you be working?
Old 27 August 2013, 06:51 PM
fitzscoob
Scooby Regular

Thanks for that shreksta, I'll be working in Syston but due to the missus' job we'll need to be slightly south east of Leicester.

I'm trying to get an idea of the local surroundings, what areas to consider and what ones to ignore.

Oh and sadly, no more scoob!
Old 27 August 2013, 08:25 PM
Clarebabes
Scooby Regular

I used to live there and quite enjoyed it. Back then it had 4 nightclubs which stayed open past midnight... before the days of 24 hour drinking of course. I made full use of the nightlife too, but now it wouldn't be that important.

Some lovely villages around there, went through a few the other day as had to go there from north Leicestershire. Agree to avoid Barwell, though Earl Shilton wasn't quite so bad back then and quite a bit cheaper than Hinckley/Burbage.

I used to live off Roston Drive in Walcott Close. Great memories of my little house
Old 28 August 2013, 11:30 AM
fitzscoob
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Clarebabes
I used to live there and quite enjoyed it. Back then it had 4 nightclubs which stayed open past midnight... before the days of 24 hour drinking of course. I made full use of the nightlife too, but now it wouldn't be that important.

Some lovely villages around there, went through a few the other day as had to go there from north Leicestershire. Agree to avoid Barwell, though Earl Shilton wasn't quite so bad back then and quite a bit cheaper than Hinckley/Burbage.

I used to live off Roston Drive in Walcott Close. Great memories of my little house
I think (hope) I'm done with the clubbing part of my life, could never dance very well anyway. Think, someone who has just been tasered.

The most I'm looking for really is a decent pub or two, and a little shop for emergency milk runs.

We're heading to the area again this weekend to do more of a recce.

Thanks for the help so far
Old 28 August 2013, 01:00 PM
p1mark
Scooby Regular

Location: In a 405 BHP/360 ft/lb P1 with SN superstar Sonic dog at my side!

Originally Posted by fitzscoob

The most I'm looking for really is a decent pub or two, and a little shop for emergency milk runs.

We're heading to the area again this weekend to do more of a recce.

Thanks for the help so far
Burbage is the place you want. Some great pubs with a cracking atmosphere, although it's a fair bit more expensive than Hinckley and the surrounding areas. I grew up in the area and have lived in Shilton and Barwell, and the Sketchley area of Burbage for the last 10 years. PM me if you want any more info.
Old 28 August 2013, 02:58 PM
fitzscoob
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by p1mark
Burbage is the place you want. Some great pubs with a cracking atmosphere, although it's a fair bit more expensive than Hinckley and the surrounding areas. I grew up in the area and have lived in Shilton and Barwell, and the Sketchley area of Burbage for the last 10 years. PM me if you want any more info.
Cheers Mark. To be honest, even that area is a damn sight cheaper than where I'm currently living. It looks like a cracking area on the surface, but it's easy to make mistakes
Old 28 August 2013, 06:47 PM
Rex300
Scooby Regular

My grandmother lives in burbage and it seems nice so +1 for there!

My uncle and aunt live in wolvey which is quite a small village I think, but has two pubs. We ate at one the other day for a family meal and the scoobs got some friendly attention so must be a good place!!