Super Cal Crutchlow on pole at Brno

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/motogp/23824637

And Lewis on fine form....
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/23824538
Old 24 August 2013, 06:23 PM
Turbohot
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A lot of People don't like Lewis here. I actually felt quite sorry for him when he was all emotional about his ex-factor Nicole after winning some sort of race. Poor guy.
Old 24 August 2013, 06:29 PM
Ant
Scooby Regular

Hardly a praise for cal, he'll have a rubbish start as usual finish about 4th
Old 24 August 2013, 06:43 PM
chopperman
Scooby Regular

Go Cal. enjoy it why it lasts. You will be 7th to 9th like most other on the duc then nothing after Ducati. Career suicide imo. You could always fake your passport and say you're Spanish. You never now you could be the 4th Spaniard on the only 4 bikes capable of winning. Thats made a thought pop into my head. If Scott Redding wins the moto2 championship, how will dorna justify Scot being promoted to a crap ride while the spaniard Pol gets the red carpet ??

I've followed gp for years, traveled to circuits around the world to watch races but lately i think the series is a joke, CRT's are a joke, the gap between satellite and factory bike (cals tech3 exc) is a joke. Only 4 bikes capable of winning the championship and 3 of those seats are spanish. If you include Rossi that gives a 75% chance of a spanish champion , if you exclude rossi because he is a waste of that bike there is a 100% chance of a spanish champ. MotoWWF. Then just to top it off, Dorna have sold the TV rights to BT. So no watching on BBC or eurosport. If you want to watch you have to pay for the BT package.

Sorry for the rant !
Old 24 August 2013, 06:46 PM
tubbytommy
BANNED

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Turbohot
A lot of People don't like Lewis here. I actually felt quite sorry for him when he was all emotional about his ex-factor Nicole after winning some sort of race. Poor guy.

he's a bellend

him and s1itslinger are a waste of space.

if he shut his gob and stuck to racing I could stomach him but he doesn't.

shame as he is a great driver.
Old 24 August 2013, 06:50 PM
Turbohot
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by tubbytommy
he's a bellend

him and s1itslinger are a waste of space.

if he shut his gob and stuck to racing I could stomach him but he doesn't.

shame as he is a great driver.

I do agree on that, like.
Old 24 August 2013, 09:06 PM
Kwik
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by chopperman
Go Cal. enjoy it why it lasts. You will be 7th to 9th like most other on the duc then nothing after Ducati. Career suicide imo. You could always fake your passport and say you're Spanish. You never now you could be the 4th Spaniard on the only 4 bikes capable of winning. Thats made a thought pop into my head. If Scott Redding wins the moto2 championship, how will dorna justify Scot being promoted to a crap ride while the spaniard Pol gets the red carpet ??

I've followed gp for years, traveled to circuits around the world to watch races but lately i think the series is a joke, CRT's are a joke, the gap between satellite and factory bike (cals tech3 exc) is a joke. Only 4 bikes capable of winning the championship and 3 of those seats are spanish. If you include Rossi that gives a 75% chance of a spanish champion , if you exclude rossi because he is a waste of that bike there is a 100% chance of a spanish champ. MotoWWF. Then just to top it off, Dorna have sold the TV rights to BT. So no watching on BBC or eurosport. If you want to watch you have to pay for the BT package.

Sorry for the rant !
I've thought about this since he signed for Ducati. Why would Ducati stick with Hayden and Dovi when they obviously will have a lot of focus from Audi and god knows how much financial backing?. So who could they sign? Looking at Cal's improvement at Yamaha he could do similar.
From what I understand Stoner rode the Duke with the front practically slipping away, and god knows Cal will push until he crashes.
Maybe there's something we don't know. He can't really disappoint as nobody expects much.

As for the Satellite bikes, that's the same in all sport, Red Bull dominate F1, the premier league will be won by one of three teams and a factory bike will win the WSB.
Old 24 August 2013, 09:38 PM
f1_fan
Scooby Regular

Lewis Hamilton is the most naturally gifted racer on the F1 grid. Why not ignore the tittle tattle you all seem to enjoy gleaning from the media (most of which is crap as the people involved in bringing you these earth shatteringly important 'stories' are predominantly scum) and focus on what he does best... racing!
Old 24 August 2013, 09:50 PM
Matteeboy
Scooby Regular

Flipping eck, Lewis is a hugely successful ex F1 champion we should be proud of yet all we hear is spiteful (and jealous) nonsense.

If I was doing that well, I'd be far more off an **** than I am now... ;-)
Old 24 August 2013, 09:54 PM
Dave Y
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 133 Likes on 97 Posts

Lewis will be champion again before he is finished.
Old 24 August 2013, 10:46 PM
dpb
Scooby Regular

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Thumbs down

Weather's ****e
Old 25 August 2013, 11:45 AM
Turbohot
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by f1_fan
Lewis Hamilton is the most naturally gifted racer on the F1 grid. Why not ignore the tittle tattle you all seem to enjoy gleaning from the media (most of which is crap as the people involved in bringing you these earth shatteringly important 'stories' are predominantly scum) and focus on what he does best... racing!

I agree with this as well tbvh.
Old 25 August 2013, 11:51 AM
Kwik
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Turbohot
I agree with this as well tbvh.
It's easier to criticize someone than support them. It'd be easier to support maniac Mark Marquez than it is to support Cal Crutchlow....

BBC2 now. Let's hope Cal gets to the first corner better than he has previously....
Old 25 August 2013, 11:53 AM
tubbytommy
BANNED

you support Hamilton because you are british.
I am not and think the bloke is a *****.
he is a great driver but I just don't like him nothing else.
I like kimi, he is funny but im not finnish either.
Old 25 August 2013, 11:56 AM
Kwik
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by tubbytommy
you support Hamilton because you are british.
I am not and think the bloke is a *****.
he is a great driver but I just don't like him nothing else.
I like kimi, he is funny but im not finnish either.
I like Hamilton partly because he is British, but mainly because he's a ***** out never-say-die driver. What he does/says off the track is irrelevant.
Old 25 August 2013, 12:01 PM
F1 CJE UK
Scooby Regular

It's only irrelevant if he could keep it private!

Loads of other ***** out drivers who don't act like that!
Kwik
Scooby Regular

FFS back to 4th!!!!!
tubbytommy
BANNED

Originally Posted by F1 CJE UK
It's only irrelevant if he could keep it private!

Loads of other ***** out drivers who don't act like that!
Old 25 August 2013, 12:34 PM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

It seems ridiculous to criticise a bloke's personality when you have not even met him to talk to.

He appears to be a reasonable sort of chap when being interviewed but what really counts in this context is that he is a truly outstanding driver as he has been right fron square one when he was starting with McClaren. That is worth real respect.

Les
Old 25 August 2013, 04:00 PM
Kwik
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Leslie
It seems ridiculous to criticise a bloke's personality when you have not even met him to talk to.

He appears to be a reasonable sort of chap when being interviewed but what really counts in this context is that he is a truly outstanding driver as he has been right fron square one when he was starting with McClaren. That is worth real respect.

Les
It's a British trait as we have the worst press, we love to build people up then knock them down, then when they die we go on about how great they were.

At least Lewis didn't bin it like Crutchlow I notice how nobody has really said why Lewis is a ***** or whatever.
Old 25 August 2013, 07:59 PM
Ant
Scooby Regular

surprise surprise crutchlow had a poor start yet again and dropped to 4th but this time he binned it.

he's screwed when hes a ducati
Old 25 August 2013, 08:16 PM
mrmadcap
Scooby Regular

I like Hamilton, at least he gives it his all and likes to race rather than just happy to drive around in circles and collect the big pay cheque.
Old 25 August 2013, 08:56 PM
chopperman
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Ant
surprise surprise crutchlow had a poor start yet again and dropped to 4th but this time he binned it.

he's screwed when hes a ducati
I hope they offered him a careers worth of wages for his 2 year contract. Cos he wont do **** afterwards. The ducati ride is like a paid retirement. Motogp is a four spanish (or 3 and 1 one tired italian) horse race these days. MotoWWF
Old 26 August 2013, 01:37 AM
f1_fan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Kwik
At least Lewis didn't bin it like Crutchlow I notice how nobody has really said why Lewis is a ***** or whatever.
We all know why! The elephant in the room so as to speak!
Old 26 August 2013, 01:52 AM
funkmasterjay
Scooby Regular

It's funny how people always call Lewis names (wannabe gangsta, pr1ck b£lend, tax dodger, muppet, whiny....I could go on.). However, they have never met him or raced him. What makes it worse is that despite his few shiny things, he doesn't even party much, drink or be a playboy. He just likes nice things.

Despite all his family and personal drama, he is still super focused and gets the poles, wins and well earned results. Forget his personal life people, and appreciate him for what he does for British Motorsport.

The boy is brutally honest about his feelings and makes life easy journalists and his fans. But oh no, it's no enough because he is not Jenson, the blue eyed boy wonder.

I'd rather people were just honest with themselves and openly stated why they hate Lewis so much, and I bet it's nothin whatsoever to do with his off track antics.

Tuppence and all that.
Old 26 August 2013, 10:28 AM
Kwik
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by funkmasterjay
The boy is brutally honest about his feelings and makes life easy journalists and his fans. But oh no, it's no enough because he is not Jenson, the blue eyed boy wonder.
Jenson is a bore, on and off the track.
Old 26 August 2013, 05:49 PM
funkmasterjay
Scooby Regular

Don't get me wrong, Kwik. Some people just have 'soul' and personality. What we really care about is what happens on track, and Jenson does occassionally provide us with great racing. As much as I think he is a politician, I believe both him and Lewis kep each thee honest, pushed each other to do better etc. Lewis was rather unlucky, especially 2012 but I blame Jenson for that Canada incident.

Having said that, maybe as I am getting older I just like to see the good in people, and I think we should be more supportive of the Brits.

Chiton did well this weekend (especially in quali) as did Paul Di Resta. Again, PDR is just not used to the Q3 antics, so made a bad call. I'm still proud of him.

I don't know man, but I think we should be a little more positive about our sports exports, and focus more about their capabilities that personal attributes.

Hell as hardcore Lewis fan I am, I still take my hat off toSebastian. I dislike his attitude towards his teammate, but he is clinical. He just has to cement that record with success with a lesser team.

J
Old 26 August 2013, 05:53 PM
tubbytommy
BANNED

Originally Posted by Kwik
It's a British trait as we have the worst press, we love to build people up then knock them down, then when they die we go on about how great they were.

ill give you my take on why I think lewis is a *****.

his "is it because im black comment" uncalled for and very unprofessional given that he is not even black but half cast anyway a bit like that other race card idiot rio Ferdinand who is also half cast.

and no im not a racist whatsoever just bored of the race card being played by these fools.
Old 26 August 2013, 06:07 PM
funkmasterjay
Scooby Regular

Minor correction fella, it's 'Half Caste'.

Anyway, with that 'black' comment, I could almost hear it coming, and I cringed.

Personally, I doubt you will ever know what it's like to feel racism unless you experience it. I'm sure Lewis has had his fair share, half or not. For as long as you are a person of colour, you will get it.

Now personally, I can almost always tell the difference between racists and ignorant idiots. It's usually the latter. I actually pity them.

So he made a mistake, he regretted it as soon as he said it. He has found peace and moved on, why can't you?

Do you know what it must be like for a boy if such background to be in such an elitist sport? Someone who is no allowed to be himself, to be so clinical, to have his life carved out for him. I don't know either, but it must have been tough if the comments I see from the general public are anything to go by.

As Reginald D Hunter said, racism is not that bad in his country, we have bigger issues with 'classism'.

See racism/classism/ whatever 'ism' is not always seen, but it sure as h3ll is felt.

Let the boy be!
Old 26 August 2013, 06:11 PM
tubbytommy
BANNED

Originally Posted by funkmasterjay
Minor correction fella, it's 'Half Caste'.

Anyway, with that 'black' comment, I could almost hear it coming, and I cringed.

Personally, I doubt you will ever know what it's like to feel racism unless you experience it. I'm sure Lewis has had his fair share, half or not. For as long as you are a person of colour, you will get it.

Now personally, I can almost always tell the difference between racists and ignorant idiots. It's usually the latter. I actually pity them.

So he made a mistake, he regretted it as soon as he said it. He has found peace and moved on, why can't you?

Do you know what it must be like for a boy if such background to be in such an elitist sport? Someone who is no allowed to be himself, to be so clinical, to have his life carved out for him. I don't know either, but it must have been tough if the comments I see from the general public are anything to go by.

As Reginald D Hunter said, racism is not that bad in his country, we have bigger issues with 'classism'.

See racism/classism/ whatever 'ism' is not always seen, but it sure as h3ll is felt.

Let the boy be!

as I said it was the comment that made me think it nothing else, im not a racist but that comment was not needed and the incident he was referring too had nothing whatsoever to do with the colour of his skin.

I don't need to move on, im not English so have no affinity to Hamilton because of nationality I just don't like him. the end.

Quick Reply: Great Weekend for Brits