Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

My family.

Search this Thread

Old 04 July 2013, 09:41 PM
Jamz3k
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default My family.

It's pretty common knowledge that I don't like my family, infact they infuriate me continually. They always have their hand out and always have ulterior motives for any good deed done. I wont hear from my family for weeks/months on end until they need something but I'm always **** out of luck if I need something. Pretty tired of them to be honest, even the ones I'd class as almost normal are still sneaky wee turds.

Am I alone in the hatred of ones family?
Old 04 July 2013, 09:48 PM
Coc-ker
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes.

Don't get me wrong some of my family are great, but some are just as you described. Both my own and the outlaws are the same (except her family are WAY worse! But that's a bit of a sore point).

I have no problems with just ignoring them. I didn't choose to be related to them and I have no obligation to them
either.

Tim.
Old 04 July 2013, 09:54 PM
Turbohot
Scooby Regular

I don't have that with mine tbh. We can have different views on some things, but I never felt hatred for my family. They gave me way more than what they can ever take from me. I wish I could do more to pay my respects to them. The debt of the kind that is invaluable hence can't pay it back.

Sorry to know about your situation, Jam3k.
Old 04 July 2013, 10:24 PM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

I'm similar with about 50% of my family. They are benefit scrounging parasites who spend all their time lazing about claiming their free money for their fake illnesses. But somehow get pissed most nights on cheap vodka, have it out with some fellow sceff on Facebook, then complain about their painkillers not working the next day.

I deliberately choose to steer clear of said 50% as I have no intention of living like them or endorsing their lifestyle (apart from my income tax of course).

Yes, I live in Scunthorpe and Skint was accurate.
Old 04 July 2013, 10:43 PM
Jamz3k
Scooby Regular

Very similar CoB, it's the sense of entitlement to everything that really gets me.

I had one to incidents lately that kinda bugged me.
Relative needed a lift, car broke, no problem.
Get talking, can't afford to fix their car (approx £350 to repair) so I offer them to use mine at the weekends until they are sorted out.
A few days later I get a text, bought an Ipad because they broke their laptop.
So you can afford to buy an Ipad but you can't afford to fix your car?

If I told you half the stuff I've heard out of my family in the last year, you'd call me a liar.
Old 04 July 2013, 11:19 PM
Essexdon
Scooby Regular

Dads a ****, aint bothered to see my 4 month old son since hes been born. No my lose his really. Dont let it cut you up mate.
Old 05 July 2013, 12:07 AM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Jamz3k
Very similar CoB, it's the sense of entitlement to everything that really gets me.

I had one to incidents lately that kinda bugged me.
Relative needed a lift, car broke, no problem.
Get talking, can't afford to fix their car (approx £350 to repair) so I offer them to use mine at the weekends until they are sorted out.
A few days later I get a text, bought an Ipad because they broke their laptop.
So you can afford to buy an Ipad but you can't afford to fix your car?

If I told you half the stuff I've heard out of my family in the last year, you'd call me a liar.

I wouldn't James, as it isn't merely your family members that do it.

Relative of mine is long term sick, basically a lazy fat bitch. Any work is done cash-in-hand, has 2-3 secret lodgers, which alongside her benefits pays for a nice 3 bedroom semi, a nice car and several holidays a year.

She was left a sizeable sum of money a couple years ago, £50,000 or so. Did she pay off her mortgage? Or debts? To maybe thinking about the long term security of her home if she isn't gonna work? Nope, neither. Several more posh holidays, an overpriced BMW soft top, loads of Gems TV gold jewellery, big tv, posh decorating, 3 pedigree dogs that are never walked etc.

Couple years down the line and she's barassic again, upto her eyeballs in debt, car's gone and replaced with a similar one (on finance again), pissing and moaning about how hard life is. Lives off Smart Price ready meals but finds the money for expensive nails and hair-doo's every two weeks. Properly has no clue about fiancial priorities. Her eldest son? Went bankrupt at 19 after buying a £150k house, few £10-15k cars and bikes, big posh furniture, everything on credit etc. Runs in the family as you can see.

Getting by in life by robbing Peter to pay Paul, playing credit companies off one another. She's been doing it 20-30 years now somehow
Old 05 July 2013, 12:16 AM
jods
Scooby Senior

Wink

Originally Posted by chocolate_o_brian
I wouldn't James, as it isn't merely your family members that do it.

Relative of mine is long term sick, basically a lazy fat bitch. Any work is done cash-in-hand, has 2-3 secret lodgers, which alongside her benefits pays for a nice 3 bedroom semi, a nice car and several holidays a year.

She was left a sizeable sum of money a couple years ago, £50,000 or so. Did she pay off her mortgage? Or debts? To maybe thinking about the long term security of her home if she isn't gonna work? Nope, neither. Several more posh holidays, an overpriced BMW soft top, loads of Gems TV gold jewellery, big tv, posh decorating, 3 pedigree dogs that are never walked etc.

Couple years down the line and she's barassic again, upto her eyeballs in debt, car's gone and replaced with a similar one (on finance again), pissing and moaning about how hard life is. Lives off Smart Price ready meals but finds the money for expensive nails and hair-doo's every two weeks. Properly has no clue about fiancial priorities. Her eldest son? Went bankrupt at 19 after buying a £150k house, few £10-15k cars and bikes, big posh furniture, everything on credit etc. Runs in the family as you can see.

Getting by in life by robbing Peter to pay Paul, playing credit companies off one another. She's been doing it 20-30 years now somehow
Why is it that ALL lazy fat bitches choose to wear skin tight pink tops and black keks? You're fat, you're ugly. You should only roll out and waddle down to the takeaway in the hours of darkness. That will be one of my 1st policies when I take office. ;-)
Old 05 July 2013, 01:18 AM
CrisPDuk
Scooby Regular

My mother's family are a bunch of tossers, and her sister is nothing but a freeloading, oxygen thieving parasite. She has crapped on mum all her life, yet mum continues to defend her and help her out, and she expects the rest of us to do the same.

I drew the line nearly fifteen years ago, and do not even allow her to be mentioned in my presence.

Mums siblings were amongst the reasons we chose to go away to get married, we did it in Aviemore, told both families that they were more than welcome to attend, but they'd have to make their own way there, not one of them came
Old 05 July 2013, 07:13 AM
ditchmyster
Scooby Regular

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Another one here.

I don't have anything to do with pretty much all of my family and it's various extensions.

My sister that is closest to me age wise and the one I spent most time with growing up, big age gap with the other 3 but still have nothing to do with them either, you wouldn't believe we grew up in the same house with the same parents, she's just always been a wrong un, and now she's married to a proper dole scrounging retard, very similar stories to above, I could go on all day about the stuff they do and how much they scrounge and fritter, and how the world is against them, you should see what's in their cupboards, full of fancy biscuits, cakes and all manner of snacks all with the top brand names, but they are skint, they must spend £50 a week on that alone, "but you've got to have some treats in the cupboard"

He's a weed monster and is constantly stoned, spends half his life looking for his next draw, driving around in a shogun with all the chav designer clobber, thinks he's a bad *** gangster when he's out and about with his retarded mates, but all they do is sit around smoking weed, everyone just thinks the're idiots, proper Ali-G style

I wonder how they get through life doing **** all, all day everyday, and there's loads of them all living in cloud cuckoo land smoking weed at the expense of the tax payer.
Old 05 July 2013, 09:58 AM
urban
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by jods
Why is it that ALL lazy fat bitches choose to wear skin tight pink tops and black keks?
Don't know, but when they have those black legging things on, it looks like two dogs trying to get out of a big bin bag
Old 05 July 2013, 10:48 AM
tony de wonderful
Scooby Regular

I know what you mean, we can't choose our families and it's ok to admit you resent them, don't like them, or even hate them.
Old 05 July 2013, 11:33 AM
Dr Hu
Scooby Regular

Received 24 Likes on 23 Posts

I've got a lovely family on both sides..... something that seems rather unusual (on here anyway!) and love getting together with any or all of them at family gatherings.

I must be one of the lucky ones...
Old 05 July 2013, 07:48 PM
magepaster
Scooby Regular

Another here. I don't get along with any of my work shy siblings. They consider me "up myself." Why? because up until I became disabled I had never been out of work, I own my own home, I have never been in debt and I can afford to treat myself without having to go to the provident for a loan.

By the way, I will soon be back working for a living still with a disability, which is more than my healthy relatives can manage.
Old 06 July 2013, 07:18 PM
Jamz3k
Scooby Regular

Hilariously got a text there, 'can you take me for beer and stuff for the BBQ'. I replied that I'd just sat down and don't intend on moving for the rest of the evening. In response I got, 'but I'm out of beer!'

Seriously like?
Old 06 July 2013, 07:28 PM
stilover
Scooby Regular

It's pretty common knowledge that I don't like my family, infact they infuriate me continually. They always have their hand out and always have ulterior motives for any good deed done. I wont hear from my family for weeks/months on end until they need something but I'm always **** out of luck if I need something. Pretty tired of them to be honest, even the ones I'd class as almost normal are still sneaky wee turds.

Yeah, after reading that, I hate your family too.
Old 06 July 2013, 07:41 PM
hodgy0_2
Scooby Regular

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by stilover
Yeah, after reading that, I hate your family too.
Yeah I do too, but not quite as much as I hate Chocolate O Brian's
Old 06 July 2013, 07:51 PM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by hodgy0_2
Yeah I do too, but not quite as much as I hate Chocolate O Brian's
I'm touched.

Surprisingly they are all left wing and vote Labour. Wonder why that is

I'm sure your family is hate worthy too
Old 08 July 2013, 10:32 AM
Turbohot
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by tony de wonderful
I know what you mean, we can't choose our families and it's ok to admit you resent them, don't like them, or even hate them.
To be fair, some families are destructive beyond belief. Few of the things that I see over and over are parents arguing, absent or ad hoc fathers who let their children down repeatedly, and mums' new boyfriends/dad's new girlfriends making kids' life hell. No wonder some people grow up hating their families. There are more reasons that these, but these seem to be very prominent in the society.

Last edited by Turbohot; 08 July 2013 at 10:36 AM.
Old 08 July 2013, 11:06 AM
dpb
Scooby Regular

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Go out and shoot the lot of em. No more worries.
Old 08 July 2013, 11:21 AM
Turbohot
Scooby Regular

Hilariously got a text there, 'can you take me for beer and stuff for the BBQ'. I replied that I'd just sat down and don't intend on moving for the rest of the evening. In response I got, 'but I'm out of beer!'

Seriously like?
If I had a cousin or even immediate family who simply exploited my existence for their benefit and nothing else, they wouldn't have my phone number to text.

Of course they would have my number to ask me to take them to buy some beers and BBQ stuff, if convenient to me. I'll have no problem doing that for them, because they'll do the same for me one day, if I need them to.