Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

New Email Scam

Search this Thread

Old 01 December 2003, 02:17 PM
angrynorth
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Read the bit in bold!! D' y think I should?

Dear SIR/MADAM,

Greetings to you and your family. I want you to read this mail with a compassionate heart and understanding that any action you take is geared towards rendering humanitarian assistance to a man who is in distresswith his family.

My name is Mr KONI.N.VINO, a Liberian and former Deputy Minister of Information under President Charles Taylor. I was his right hand man until a couple of weeks ago when I realised that my entire life was in
utmost danger after the assassination of the Sports Minister in a helicopter crash.Now i am in southafrica because am a refugee in south africa.

I was responsible for the diamond deals with the RUF rebel group of Sierra Leone. I was handling the diamond sales on behalf of President Taylor who in turn supplies ammunition to the rebels. This is what the international community and United Nations code-named: Conflict Diamond.

It was while I was discharging this duty that I diverted the sum of POUNDS, M30,000,000.00 (Thirty MillionPOUNDS) for myself. I deposited the money contained in 2 trunk boxes in a Security Company as artifacts to avoid prying eyes in Cote d'ivoire and travelled back to my country where I continued with my duties.

I informed President Taylor that the United Nations Mission in Sierra Leone (UNAMSL) seized the diamond consignment and made report to the United Nations. It was based on this diamond dealings involving President Taylor that the United Nations imposed sanctions on Liberia recently.

My aim is to look for a trusted foreign partner outside to help me move the fund out for investment.It is based on my decision to move the fund out forinvestment that I am contacting you to assist me in
taking the funds to your country.

All you need do is to fly down to claim the 2 Boxes from the Security Company and open a bank account through which the money will be lodged before transfer into your nominated Bank account.

I am willing to compensate you with 30% of the total sum for your assistance and want to let you understand that the future of myself
and family depends solely on this money .In this transaction confidentiality is very essential for us to achieve our goal. It is important that you maintain utmost good faith and trust .You must also not
circumvent the transaction in any way.

In conclusion I will like you to understand that you shall bear no risk whatsoever in this business and as such there is nothing for you
to be afraid of. I await your swift response to this email. please reply me back on.

REMAIN BLESS
Yours Faithfuly,
MR KONI.N.VINO
(for and on behalf of my family)
Old 01 December 2003, 02:22 PM
pugoetru
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i got that one too

i also worked in south africa for 2 years and didn,t get payed but if i send my bank details they will pay me now

funny i dont remember being there

my email address won the lottery too