GotBoost?
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

well, it's the truth.
Old 29 June 2013, 10:07 AM
GotBoost?
Scooby Regular

(on world class level like the TdF, 100 m dash,... fwiw)
Old 29 June 2013, 10:14 AM
ritchie21
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by GotBoost?
well, it's the truth.
I'd like to put you in a room with Sir Bradley Wiggins and see you repeat that comment!
Old 29 June 2013, 10:17 AM
romford-boy
Scooby Regular

As Wiggins says: "I don't believe anything that comes out of his mouth anymore"
Old 29 June 2013, 10:58 AM
dpb
Scooby Regular

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

(on world class level like the TdF, 100 m dash,... fwiw)
So maybe they should supply every one with the same dope at the start line

Just to even things up.
Old 29 June 2013, 11:07 AM
tony de wonderful
Scooby Regular

well, it's the truth.
You probably can't be a hit man without killing people, doesn't make it ok.
Old 29 June 2013, 12:33 PM
GotBoost?
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by ritchie21
I'd like to put you in a room with Sir Bradley Wiggins and see you repeat that comment!
i would, and he would silently know i was right. but i don't want to destroy you're dreams. I admit that I, too, once did believe that WWF was real.

And regarding the hit man comparison: this is not about ethics or moral standards, but reality.
Old 29 June 2013, 12:39 PM
Blue by You
Scooby Regular

If you can't win without cheating then it's quite simple, you are not good enough.
End of.
Old 29 June 2013, 01:14 PM
GotBoost?
Scooby Regular

Wrong. It's still the best athlete who wins. It's just a matter of levelling out the playing field. Think of a car race where everyone is restricted to 2.0 l engines, but in fact everyone has a tuned 2.5 l engine. Everybody cheats, but in the end it's still the best driver who wins the race. Of course, from time to time some poor fella will get caught, maybe because he lacks the political influence or protection from sponsors who pay millions to the FIA, or because he pissed on the leg of one of the top drivers, or maybe because he was walking through the pits bragging how tuned his engine was. But all the other guys are pretty safe.
Old 29 June 2013, 01:15 PM
SJ_Skyline
Scooby Senior

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Have you tried cycling on drugs? I did and I kept falling off...
Old 29 June 2013, 01:20 PM
alistair
Scooby Senior

I think he's right - everyone was doing it and he couldn't have won without it.

Things may be different now & Sir Bradley may well be cleaner than clean.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing & just doing what everyone else did always looks bad after the event, even though it seemed OK at the time - ask a 2007 Mortgage Broker, a LIBOR Banker or Stuart Hall.......
Old 29 June 2013, 01:27 PM
Blue by You
Scooby Regular

Wrong. It's still the best athlete who wins. It's just a matter of levelling out the playing field. Think of a car race where everyone is restricted to 2.0 l engines, but in fact everyone has a tuned 2.5 l engine. Everybody cheats, but in the end it's still the best driver who wins the race. Of course, from time to time some poor fella will get caught, maybe because he lacks the political influence or protection from sponsors who pay millions to the FIA, or because he pissed on the leg of one of the top drivers, or maybe because he was walking through the pits bragging how tuned his engine was. But all the other guys are pretty safe.
So what you're saying is that all the atheletes take drugs, and only one got found out
What a load of cobblers.
Old 29 June 2013, 01:33 PM
tony de wonderful
Scooby Regular

Differential access to doping technologies depending upon how much money you have. Lance was allegedly even able to keep the best stuff for himself in the team. Dr Ferrari only took the high $$$ clients.
Old 29 June 2013, 01:36 PM
GotBoost?
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Blue by You
So what you're saying is that all the atheletes take drugs, and only one got found out
What a load of cobblers.
You're entitled your own opinion But maybe you want to ask yourself why Bernhard Kohl was only convicted once although he was tested 200+ times and he himself admitted that he was on drugs while giving those samples. Or why Lance Armstrong has never tested positive (except 1999, but that's another story).

Trust me, I know how this system works. Sad but true
Old 29 June 2013, 02:14 PM
alistair
Scooby Senior

What a load of cobblers.
Not athletes - just cyclists - and back a few years

Did you actually read the article - or look at the graph
Old 29 June 2013, 03:12 PM
Blue by You
Scooby Regular

You're entitled your own opinion But maybe you want to ask yourself why Bernhard Kohl was only convicted once although he was tested 200+ times and he himself admitted that he was on drugs while giving those samples. Or why Lance Armstrong has never tested positive (except 1999, but that's another story).

Trust me, I know how this system works. Sad but true
I do find it a little hard to believe what that you are suggesting has any credibility.
But if you have personal insider knowledge or experience then that would shed a different light on your statement
Old 29 June 2013, 03:20 PM
f1_fan
Scooby Regular

Stupid sport followed by the incredibly gullible.
Old 29 June 2013, 03:33 PM
Bubba po
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by f1_fan
Totally unlike F1.
Old 29 June 2013, 05:41 PM
gpssti4
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It was pandemic in cycling a few years ago, even 10 years ago.

The whole sport is a lot cleaner now but by no means has doping been eradicated. Whole teams were promoting it but I think that changed somewhat.

To say that you have to dope to win is bollocks.

Cycling is probably the cleanest it's ever been, so it's much more of a level playing field than before. You just need to look at the times they're doing the big climbs in, i.e. longer than before, to prove it.
Old 29 June 2013, 05:53 PM
GotBoost?
Scooby Regular

But if you have personal insider knowledge or experience then that would shed a different light on your statement
I have.
Old 29 June 2013, 05:56 PM
dpb
Scooby Regular

You need a boost to get to within shouting distance?

Last edited by dpb; 02 July 2013 at 12:06 PM.
Old 30 June 2013, 10:20 PM
dpb
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Bubba po
Totally unlike F1.
Have to say today's F1 race was actually worth watching. ..

More entertaining than the tour, except yesterday maybe when that bus got trapped on the finsh line
Old 30 June 2013, 10:22 PM
Turbohot
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by SJ_Skyline
Have you tried cycling on drugs? I did and I kept falling off...
Old 30 June 2013, 10:33 PM
tony de wonderful
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by dpb
Have to say today's F1 race was actually worth watching. ..
I suggest all F1 races could be made exciting by putting 4 random duff tyres in the tyre pool for each race .
Old 30 June 2013, 10:40 PM
Peedee
Scooby Regular

Of all the 13,005 dumb comments that you've written over the years, that rates pretty highly among the dumbest of the dumb! I'm interested to know what you actually base that statement on?

In regards to drug taking in any sport, as already stated above, if you have to take drugs, you ain't good enough. How Lance Armstrong can say what he said is ridiculous. Someone HAS to win, simple as that. If you dont take drugs and don't win, its a simple case of being beaten by a better person. There's plenty of completely clean world champions, who, funnily enough, have beaten off all the competition.....by being quicker / fitter / better than them through putting in the hours and hard work, not taking drugs, plain and simple.

Last edited by Peedee; 30 June 2013 at 10:43 PM.
Old 30 June 2013, 10:41 PM
Peedee
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by tony de wonderful
I suggest all F1 races could be made exciting by putting 4 random duff tyres in the tyre pool for each race .
Ha actually a good idea!!
Old 01 July 2013, 08:35 AM
f1_fan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Peedee
Of all the 13,005 dumb comments that you've written over the years, that rates pretty highly among the dumbest of the dumb! I'm interested to know what you actually base that statement on?
Er... have you been on Planet Earth for the last 20 years and watched one cyclist after another test positive for banned substances? Why follow a sport so corrupt and hero worship cheats unless you are a gullible ****? Hope that explains it in words you can understand. If not let me know and I will write it Ladybird book style so you can maybe get it

P.S. Glad to know you have read all 13000 plus comments I have made.... you are indeed a prize stalker amongst other things

Last edited by f1_fan; 01 July 2013 at 08:47 AM.
Old 01 July 2013, 12:47 PM
Peedee
Scooby Regular

Er... have you been on Planet Earth for the last 20 years and watched one cyclist after another test positive for banned substances? Why follow a sport so corrupt and hero worship cheats unless you are a gullible ****? Hope that explains it in words you can understand. If not let me know and I will write it Ladybird book style so you can maybe get it

P.S. Glad to know you have read all 13000 plus comments I have made.... you are indeed a prize stalker amongst other things
And how is that different to any other sport? The are drug takers / dopers etc in every sport, not just cycling, its just a case of whether those sportsmen / women get away with it and whether it ends up in the news or not. No doubt there are 'current' high-profile sports stars in ALL sports that are cheating through using drugs etc, so does that make every one of those different sports rubbish or just followed by gullible *****?. No.

I've no doubt your just some overweight 40-something that has never had any interest (or been good at) any sport whatsoever (I'm guessing you were probably bullied at school for being a fatty aswell?), unless it involves letting a machine or animal do all the work? Perhaps if you had competed in some sort of physical sport you would understand, but then again, that would have made you a "gullible ****" because you would have been interested in it!!

P.S, your comment count is just underneath you name, and secondly, everything that I've seen you type is complete and utter sh1te, so its not too hard to guess that all 13,000 odd posts are along the same lines!
Old 02 July 2013, 06:48 AM
f1_fan
Scooby Regular

And how is that different to any other sport? The are drug takers / dopers etc in every sport, not just cycling, its just a case of whether those sportsmen / women get away with it and whether it ends up in the news or not. No doubt there are 'current' high-profile sports stars in ALL sports that are cheating through using drugs etc, so does that make every one of those different sports rubbish or just followed by gullible *****?. No.
I am struggling to find any sport where anywhere near as many competitors have been found to be using banned substances as cycling and in fact I can't think of any in motorsport at all so that statement is just utter nonsense!

I've no doubt your just some overweight 40-something that has never had any interest (or been good at) any sport whatsoever (I'm guessing you were probably bullied at school for being a fatty aswell?), unless it involves letting a machine or animal do all the work? Perhaps if you had competed in some sort of physical sport you would understand, but then again, that would have made you a "gullible ****" because you would have been interested in it!!
LOL at you and your guessing games... and anyway how does my prowess at sport or my weight come to that have any effect on whether cycling is a clean sport and worthy of being watched or not.... you accuse me of posting sh1te and yet I am expected to see your efforts as anything but. You. my sad little friend are a Grade A hypocrite! I also wonder why you bother reading them too.... weird really!

Now if you want to watch a sport that celebrates cheats then that is up to you, but IMO says a lot about your character!

P.S, your comment count is just underneath you name, and secondly, everything that I've seen you type is complete and utter sh1te, so its not too hard to guess that all 13,000 odd posts are along the same lines!
Ah so your post presented as fact you now admit is conjecture.... says it all really

Last edited by f1_fan; 02 July 2013 at 06:50 AM.

Quick Reply: That's a great message to send out