Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Superbike test day, anyone?

Search this Thread

Old 20 May 2002, 11:10 PM
BOB.T
Scooby Senior

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

I just wondered if anyone else was going to the World Super Bike test day at Silverstone on Wednesday?

I'm really keen to go but all my mates are steadily bottling out, wimpering about early starts and rain Having said that, I would have to get up an hour early, drive for 3hours, only to get wet at what is IMO a crap track to view at anyway but then there is the chance that Suzy Perry might be there

Your thoughts on the day and whether or not it's gonna lash it down

Bob
Old 20 May 2002, 11:40 PM
Sheepsplitter
Scooby Regular

Is it really Wednesday, I thought practice was Friday/Saturday?
I might be going up if it is the later, but only if you will share Suzie P!!
Old 21 May 2002, 08:43 AM
Dream Weaver
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Bob

I was tempted to go, especially as I know Neil Hodgson, so may be able to get a bit of pitlane action(last time I spoke to him he said he would be able to sort something ), but not sure as very busy at the mo.

If it was Oulton I would say lets go, but like you say not sure about Silverstone. Long way to go if it is pissing it down as well.

DW
Old 21 May 2002, 08:48 AM
BOB.T
Scooby Senior

Exclamation

YOU KNOW NEIL HODGSON!!!!!!!!! How cool is that, get passes my good man!!! My ickle bike is a GSE / Hodgson replica Let me know if you ever plan to go a bike do

Bob

Oh yeah, wednesday is an extra test day, a fiver to get in, which goes to charadeeee mate
Old 21 May 2002, 09:10 AM
^Qwerty^
Scooby Regular

Received 25 Likes on 19 Posts
I was at one in Spain last year at Catalunya. We were sharing the track with them, 1/2 hour on, 1/2 hour off. Thing is, on the last day in the afternoon, the 1/2 on/off bit sort of went out the window and we ended up with one of two of the SB riders out on the track at the same time.

Boy oh boy do they open your eyes to how SLOW you are really going. Not sure I'd just want to sit at the side and watch though.
Old 21 May 2002, 09:43 AM
Dream Weaver
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Bob

Dales (Paul who is always on the Dales Run with me as passenger) knows him better than me - he went to school with Neil, so I only know him through Dales, AlexB etc, though my mum is pals with Mrs Hodgy (Neils mum ).

I know him enough to speak to though - his manager used to live about 5 doors from me as well when he first started out - I remember when we used to see him pissed up down burnley when he first started racing in the 125's

DW
Old 21 May 2002, 02:00 PM
BOB.T
Scooby Senior

I know Dougie Lampkin, no use for getting into the Superbikes though

I'd really love to see the Superbikes but I can't be arsed with the crowds on race day, to see them practise will be as good as owt for me

Anyhoo, it's looking increasingly unlikely now due to a severe lack in funds

Bob
Old 21 May 2002, 10:50 PM
dean harris
Scooby Regular

Bad News-Suzi Perry is going to be presenting Speedway on sky sports so it is probably not worth going to look at the superbikes on the wednesday night.
Only joking!!!!
Always a bonus though when she is presenting on sky for Poole speedway.
Is Troy Bayliss going to win the title again this year,it's looking like it so far!Brilliant Championship though.
Regards
Dean
Old 22 May 2002, 12:03 AM
BOB.T
Scooby Senior

Thumbs up

Dean!!! Steady on mate, Suzy has recently passed Buffy in my "Celebrity I'd let sleep with me" chart

The job is back online now, we are good to go! Our kid rescued the mission with a late credit card entry, good boy I'll be the maniac trudging round in the rain with a big grin

I don't really see anyone getting even close to Bayliss this year, good luck to him, it would be nice if Hodgson could beat Edwards into second though

Bob
Old 22 May 2002, 09:03 PM
dean harris
Scooby Regular

Talking

Bob,
Nice one mate!
Let us know how it went and if the lovely Miss P was looking as stunning as usual!!!!
It will be good to see how Foggy's team gets on when they hopefully ride at Laguna Seca.Corser is one of my favourite rider's especially when he is on a mission(not for a while!!)but he is so smooth when he is having a good day!
Cheers
Dean
Old 22 May 2002, 10:02 PM
BOB.T
Scooby Senior

Thumbs up

Phewf, what a day!

We set off at 7.30 this morning for what should of been a 3 hour drive, we arrived at Silverstone for 12.00 Bradford was bad but the roadworks around Silverstone were horrendous!![img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]

Anyway, we got in no probs and caught the end of the morning session. Seeing these guys in the flesh was fantastic, I really enjoyed it

The Ducatis were going well, Hodgson looked to be flying and both his and Toselands bikes sound fapping gorgeous, a much cleaner sound than the works bikes. Walker was going strong too on the Kwak which also sounds really nice

We made our way to the infield for the pit walk about but unfortunately, after waiting at the wrong side of the garages we missed the pit lane.... we were the first to be turned away... gutted Still, we saw James Toseland, he nearly walked into me! Caught a glimpse of Troy Bayliss, Ben Bostrom was very busy with autographs, we saw both Eric Bostrom and Colin Edwards eating their lunch, and we saw Steve Parish too! Totally missed Neil Hodgson and Suzy Perry though, bugger

Yet again the Silverstone car parks cause havoc From getting back into the car, it took an hour to get to the road I shall be writing to the managment I think! I really can't believe such a place can have such poor access, it really is a complete shambles, IMO

Anyhoo, I had a great day, really glad I went

Bob

Ps, the weather was OK, a few showers and a lot of wind but nowt mega