Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Eurolites Deflectors

Search this Thread

Old 23 June 2013, 08:07 AM
DYK
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Eurolites Deflectors

Has anyone on here used these deflectors on the clear glass xenon lights.
The car i'm going to be using don't have the setting on the computer menu to adjust for driving in Europe,have been told about an adjustment screw somewhere on the lights,but requires getting the light unit out or something,and don't really want to fiddle if these stick on deflectors will do the trick.I know a couple people who have used them without any issues,but some are saying not to use them as it can damage the xenons..

Cheers...

Old 23 June 2013, 09:09 PM
DYK
Scooby Regular

I take it that's a NO then..well i won't be posting the pics of me sucking some French cops dick
Old 23 June 2013, 09:21 PM
dpb
Scooby Regular

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Use them every time go across,

Too poor to have them fancy Dan lights I'm afraid.

Last edited by dpb; 23 June 2013 at 10:07 PM.
Old 23 June 2013, 10:00 PM
DYK
Scooby Regular

Hooray a reply...

To be honest i wish i hadn't had xenon lights when i ordered the car now,but saying that,they are great for night driving.
Problem is now is that i don't normally use my car to drive in Europe,but this time i'm having too.I didn't know the setting for driving in Europe was not on my computer,until i checked of course.
Old 24 June 2013, 10:48 AM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

First off, there's no proper way to refocus HID lights, unless a) the lights have the gismo built in, or b) you take them apart and switch the gismo to the other side. Sorry, that's just how they work.

Secondly, no WAY can those damage HIDs. I'm unsure of the effect the adhesive might have on plastic lenses, however.

Lastly, sticking some on will mean you don't get the attention of an French cops looking for easy money.

Can you turn yours down a notch or two on the leveller? Does it have headlight beam control? That will stop you getting flashed.
Old 24 June 2013, 11:02 AM
DYK
Scooby Regular

The lights have automatic levelling,is no switch tho adjust the beam manually.when I start the car the light beam drops down and then levels back up again.
Have been told about a lever somewhere in the light unit,but involves a bit of fiddling about,just thought it would be easier if I could use these deflectors..

Just found this so looks like I'm ok.still best to make sure,don't want a few quid end up costing me hundreds.

Are the headlamp adaptors suitable for the newer ‘Xenon’ / ‘High Intensity Discharge’ (HID) headlamps?

A: Yes, our headlamp adaptors are tested on, and have been used with, these headlamps for over 10 years. Our products have been ‘tried, tested and proven’ on these lights, and they are included in the fitting instructions.

Last edited by DYK; 24 June 2013 at 11:20 AM.
Old 24 June 2013, 11:22 AM
dpb
Scooby Regular

Use bit of white spirit / meths remove the residue after whipping them off

Trending Topics

Old 24 June 2013, 12:10 PM
DYK
Scooby Regular

[QUOTE=dpb;11130311]Use bit of white spirit / meths remove the residue after whipping them off[/

Yeaaaa.

I'm changing the car soon anyhow,don't know what I'm getting next,but I'll make sure it has the setting in the computer...

Last edited by DYK; 24 June 2013 at 12:12 PM.
Old 24 June 2013, 02:00 PM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

I still use black electrician's tape on mine...keeps the robbing French "flics" off my back...
Old 24 June 2013, 09:13 PM
RobsyUK
Scooby Regular

Received 183 Likes on 141 Posts

When I drove to Spain in an old carisma I followed every eu law and purchased these. A go sticker a triangle and a high vis jacket. I kept the jacket on the parcel shelf and the FB on the boot and when being busted by the Spanish police for speeding they said nothing abut the reflectors. I still have them if anyone wants them.
I saw so many UK cars without them and the police didn't seem to care.

Do EU people need deflectors for here?
Old 24 June 2013, 10:54 PM
SRSport
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by alcazar
I still use black electrician's tape on mine...keeps the robbing French "flics" off my back...
Thats exactly what I do. They arent 'deflectors' as such so much as 'blockers'. I think if they actually called them blockers most people would realise they can just use anything that covers the right area.

I drove for 3 years in Spain with these on and never had any issues despite countless road blocks and inspections.
Old 25 June 2013, 10:00 AM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by RobsyUK
When I drove to Spain in an old carisma I followed every eu law and purchased these. A go sticker a triangle and a high vis jacket. I kept the jacket on the parcel shelf and the FB on the boot and when being busted by the Spanish police for speeding they said nothing abut the reflectors. I still have them if anyone wants them.
I saw so many UK cars without them and the police didn't seem to care.

Do EU people need deflectors for here?
The only places I've seen french police stopping folk for a lighting check is off the ferries. They are also VERY good at speed traps in those areas...they know tourists are carrying money, and we all know it's the modern version of the highwayman.

I was once stopped in a small French village near Limoges at about 1am for a vehicle and papers check. The officer wanted to know why I had black tape on my lights

as for foreign vehicles here, yes, the same laws apply. WE don't apply them though, even though it would be more easy money for Kent constabulary. Personally, I'm sick of being blinded by Johnny Foreigner in his 44 tonne lorry.
Old 25 June 2013, 11:59 AM
DYK
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by alcazar
The only places I've seen french police stopping folk for a lighting check is off the ferries. They are also VERY good at speed traps in those areas...they know tourists are carrying money, and we all know it's the modern version of the highwayman.

I was once stopped in a small French village near Limoges at about 1am for a vehicle and papers check. The officer wanted to know why I had black tape on my lights

as for foreign vehicles here, yes, the same laws apply. WE don't apply them though, even though it would be more easy money for Kent constabulary. Personally, I'm sick of being blinded by Johnny Foreigner in his 44 tonne lorry.

My mate got fined 337 euro in Switzerland last week,because. His trailer was 2 cm over height......
Old 25 June 2013, 12:30 PM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

I can imagine.

The motorist has been vilified, demonised and criminalised throughout Europe, yet is treated as a cash-cow.

Time EVERYONE removed their number plates and refused to put them back.

It would be the end of policing by camera, kerching!

speeding fines in France are incredible, and speed cameras pop up like mushrooms.
The French government congratulate themselves publicly on bringing down the fatality rate by using cameras to control speed.
but the graph THEY show, from 1998 is a small part of a graph that shows the fatality rate dropping at the same gradient since 1971.....more a testament to better tyres, brakes, suspension, stronger cars, seatbelts, airbags, side-protection, crumple zones, better roads, better junctions, better signs, less drink-driving etc etc etc.

But NONE of those gets a mention, just cameras.

Lying by omission, just like they do here

Except for Lying Labour.....they just lie.
Old 25 June 2013, 07:26 PM
DYK
Scooby Regular

Well i'm actually heading to Czech so only a bit of France driving,only Czech requires you drive with lights on all the time,so that's why i was a bit concerned about these deflectors melting..
Old 25 June 2013, 07:35 PM
dpb
Scooby Regular

Think they recommend turning on to high beam just to make them stick on originally