Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

The teacher gets 5 half years, Stuart Hall gets 15 months!

Search this Thread

Old 21 June 2013, 03:46 PM
Rob_Impreza99
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The teacher gets 5 half years, Stuart Hall gets 15 months!

How does that work then ?

What a justice system we have where someone like Stuart Hall can admit to sexually abusing young girls including a 9 year old and only receives a 15 month sentence, you then have the teacher who took that girl off to france of her own free will and gets sentenced to 5 and a half years. Yeh i know all the inns and outs that she's under age and he took her without her parents permission etc but these 2 crimes and sentences don't compare.

They should be the other way round minimum.

Last edited by Rob_Impreza99; 21 June 2013 at 03:54 PM.
Old 21 June 2013, 04:02 PM
Boro
Scooby Regular

******* ridiculous if you ask me.

The guy obviously is well and truly in the wrong but the sentencing in this country sometimes leaves me gobsmacked!
Old 21 June 2013, 04:03 PM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

The teacher isn't rich and famous.
Old 21 June 2013, 04:16 PM
STEVEBOXER
Scooby Regular

He didn't abduct her as she went willing but i agree with the sentencing for underage sex.
I guess Stuart hall could probably name a few high profile judges, police and mp,s do who we're at it!
This country sucks, lets make a example of a teacher who was having under age sex for say 6 months but Stuart hall will be out by Xmas on tag due to ill health even though he abused 13 or 14 kids, it's wrong!!!!
Old 21 June 2013, 05:16 PM
David Lock
Scooby Regular

Judge was reinforcing the teacher/pupil trust thing rather than underage screwing.

Hall was too old for a long sentence and his crimes weren't considered as serious 30 years ago as they are now.

I thought teacher would get a couple of years as he didn't really "abduct" her IMHO.

dl
Old 21 June 2013, 05:19 PM
Ved
Scooby Regular

There is something very wrong about the sentencing on both cases. I do feel for the girl and Forest. It's pretty clear nobody has benefitted from his imprisonment.
Old 21 June 2013, 05:26 PM
Hammer man
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Rob_Impreza99
How does that work then ?

What a justice system we have where someone like Stuart Hall can admit to sexually abusing young girls including a 9 year old and only receives a 15 month sentence, you then have the teacher who took that girl off to france of her own free will and gets sentenced to 5 and a half years. Yeh i know all the inns and outs that she's under age and he took her without her parents permission etc but these 2 crimes and sentences don't compare.

They should be the other way round minimum.
Exactly what I thought when I heard sentancing. Just goes to prove how stupid the legal/justice system is in this country..
Old 21 June 2013, 05:57 PM
Clarebabes
Scooby Regular

I feel sorry for the bloke, he was obviously in love/lust with the girl and having a 14-year-old myself, I know they are walking hormones at times too... He was naive and she went willingly, so sentence is very harsh.
Old 21 June 2013, 06:03 PM
Rob_Impreza99
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by David Lock
Hall was too old for a long sentence and his crimes weren't considered as serious 30 years ago as they are now.
This is something I don't buy into, as a person it was still the same vile pervert that was stood in front of the judge, it's just he's older now. Age shouldn't come into it when sentencing someone, the punishment should fit the crime. Stuart Hall should have spent the rest of his life rotting away in jail, sorry but I find a 15 month sentence comical for the crimes he committed.

The teacher was guilty if making some poor judgements and should have known better, the girl who he ran away with of her own free will just carries on with her life while he has to spend 5 half years inside, I know he should have known better and he was in a responsible position but she has also played a huge role in screwing up his life, something not right there either as she must have known all the facts that he was married, he would lise his job and family and woukd find it more than tough to start a life again.

Last edited by Rob_Impreza99; 21 June 2013 at 06:06 PM.
Old 21 June 2013, 06:05 PM
dpb
Scooby Regular

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Guys a t**t, for all we know he's been boffing her for years . He clearly doesn't like teaching anymore or something

Even if he hadn't, he only had wait a couple years..???!
Old 21 June 2013, 06:13 PM
tony de wonderful
Scooby Regular

Hall was dirty perv who harmed young girls, it isn't clear to me that this guy has damaged this girl even if he might like teen girls and has obviously breached professional codes and trust.
Old 21 June 2013, 06:13 PM
David Lock
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Rob_Impreza99
This is something I don't buy into, as a person it was still the same vile pervert that was stood in front of the judge, it's just he's older now. Age shouldn't come into it when sentencing someone, the punishment should fit the crime. Stuart Hall should have spent the rest of his life rotting away in jail, sorry but I find a 15 month sentence comical for the crimes he committed.

The teacher was guilty if making some poor judgements and should have known better, the girl who he ran away with of her own free will just carries on with her life while he has to spend 5 half years inside, I know he should have known better and he was in a responsible position but she has also played a huge role in screwing up his life, something not right there either as she must have known all the facts that he was married, he would lise his job and family and woukd find it more than tough to start a life again.
You may not "buy into it" but the fact is that max sentences for these crimes have increased so Judge has to take into account what he might have got at the time.

Of course Hall had to serve time but aside from punishing him and making a few women feel justice has been partially done it serves so other purpose at all. It's not going to change the lives of other 80 year olds.

But sentencing Forest may just remind other teachers with sexy 15 year olds under their wing that they had better behave themselves.

dl
Old 21 June 2013, 06:16 PM
ALi-B
Support Scoobynet!

Received 301 Likes on 240 Posts

And the morals that the UK justice system has now set a precedence for?

If you do something wrong...especially of a sexual nature. Keep quiet about it for as long as possible, as the older you are, the lesser your sentance.

Nice
Old 21 June 2013, 06:19 PM
GlesgaKiss
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

5 years!

"Richard Barton, prosecuting, read a victim impact statement provided by the girl's mother.

The court has heard that the mother has fallen out with her daughter who moved out from her home two months ago.
"

Oh no, he caused the mother and daughter to 'fall out'. Hang that man!
Old 21 June 2013, 06:24 PM
Rob_Impreza99
Scooby Regular

Ok David, lets run with your theory that it doesn't serve much purpose to give long sentences to people around 80 years of age, what would have been your view if Stuart Hall or anyone else had committed these sexually, perverted crimes at 70 or 80 years of age or any similar serious crime at that kind of age ?

Don't bang them up for long as it serves no real purpose ?

Last edited by Rob_Impreza99; 21 June 2013 at 06:27 PM.
Old 21 June 2013, 06:26 PM
ALi-B
Support Scoobynet!

Received 301 Likes on 240 Posts

Originally Posted by GlesgaKiss
5 years!

"Richard Barton, prosecuting, read a victim impact statement provided by the girl's mother.

The court has heard that the mother has fallen out with her daughter who moved out from her home two months ago.
"

Oh no, he caused the mother and daughter to 'fall out'. Hang that man!
IMHO that Mother-Daughter relationship had problems before he came onto the scene.
Old 21 June 2013, 06:27 PM
An0n0m0us
Scooby Regular

Received 29 Likes on 16 Posts

The bloke did wrong, no denying that but 5.5 years is a joke. He is now classed the same as Hall and Savile when what he did is not even close to being on the same playing field as those 2 sickos.
Old 21 June 2013, 06:58 PM
jazzyjembreaze
Scooby Regular

Wilst it's wrong
I would burn both at the steak
It is primarily Hall's age that let him off lightly
Old 21 June 2013, 07:00 PM
the shreksta
Scooby Regular

Received 495 Likes on 339 Posts

5 & half years is a ****ing joke,that school girl knew exactly what she was doing,most girls her age dress like slags with their fanny hanging out,she has probably had pork lolly numerous times but because the uk government decide that 15 is too young the bloke gets banged up,there is no difference between a girl who smokes pork lolly @ 15 to that of a girl who is 16 whether its a year that seperates them or a day.

the government needs to realise that most films/tv shows and music shows/videos these days have a sexual nature,even ****ing east-retard-enders is full of girls slagging it about-getting pregnant-dressing like a 2-bob hooker etc

basically they are saying its ok to watch these things/listen to these things but you are not allowed to have sex until you are 16 why fill their heads with images and thoughts of sex but then try to stop them doing it? girls will try to be like their favorite celeb/singer etc and alot of them use sex to sell,be it dressing like a slag or acting like a slag

in my opinion the legal age of consent should be 14,(now that will anger people but i really dont care) most kids these days have been stuffing each other rotten way before they are 16 regardless if you like it or not-people need to wake up

unless you wrap your kids in bubble wrap until they are 16 then they will be exposed to all sorts.is it wrong for a 30 year old to bang a 16 year old? not in my opinion,fair play to him i say,yes he should have waited until she was 16 according to the law

now before the usual small minded scoobynet members start saying im a kiddy-fiddler or i condone it blah blah blah................**** off,i have my opinion and im realistic about things,i spent 14 years on the doors up and down the country and i have seen alot of young girls getting into clubs/bars etc because they are dressed to impress,they look 16/17/18 and if i didnt know better and had a drink and they came on to me i would take them home-unwilling of their age and in a sense being trapped but yet i would get in trouble for it.............

people and the government need to look at why things like happen instead of waiting to catch people at it

i dont have kids and i never will have kids but parents will go mad or feel uneasy if their son/daughter has sex @ 14/15 or the legal age of 16

thats all im saying on the matter,i dont condone paedo's and what they do but on the other hand people like that teacher i kind of feel sorry for,yes he should have waited due to the law but he shouldnt get that sentence especially when the girl was not being held hostage/raped etc
Old 21 June 2013, 07:13 PM
dpb
Scooby Regular

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by jazzyjembreaze
Wilst it's wrong
I would burn both at the steak
It is primarily Hall's age that let him off lightly
Beefeater?
Old 21 June 2013, 07:18 PM
paulr
Scooby Regular

So defacing the Cenotaph (Charlie Gilmour 16 months) is worse than being a child abuser.
Old 21 June 2013, 08:19 PM
Rob_Impreza99
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by paulr
So defacing the Cenotaph (Charlie Gilmour 16 months) is worse than being a child abuser.
Apparently so.
Old 21 June 2013, 08:44 PM
hodgy0_2
Scooby Regular

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by STEVEBOXER
He didn't abduct her as she went willing !
The problem is you can't use that line of reasoning

April Jones went willingly into Mark Bridgers car after all

It is about the legal age of consent and she was below it
Old 21 June 2013, 08:55 PM
albob
Scooby Regular

Received 51 Likes on 40 Posts

The judge who sentenced Hall had to use the 'guidelines' that were applicable at the time the crimes were committed (before 1985) - which is where the 15 months comes from. After 1985 stricter sentencing came in (and even stricter ones in 2000)

As for the Teacher -- killing someone (i.e. manslaughter etc) only brings a 4 year sentence..!! - Five years is harsh for what he did
Old 21 June 2013, 09:29 PM
BoozyDave
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

what a joke!

hall should rot in prison. the law was changed in 85, so was it ok for a 50 year old bloke to fiddle with a 9 year old then?

the teacher had been having trouble with his wife and the girl had trouble with her mum. she was going to run away to france anyway because people had found out about what they had been getting up to, but he though it would be better if they went together.

i'm not saying what he has done is acceptable, but i'm sure there are loads of teachers that have or at least considered nailing a pupil

how many of you were active before 16 then?
when i was 8 i fingered a girl of the same age, we both knew what we were doing. most of the kids i went to school with were ******** by 13/14. there were loads of lasses that were ******** older lads with cars, a few of the lads were 24/25
Old 21 June 2013, 09:36 PM
boxst
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by the shreksta
blah blah...
I agree apart from the fact that he was her teacher. And that really isn't on. Not sure about 5.5 years, but certainly some message has to be sent ...
Old 21 June 2013, 10:30 PM
New_scooby_04

Whilst I maintain that it's not logical to use one ostensibly inappropriate sentence to illuminate the folly of another ostensibly inappropriate sentence, I would have to say that Hall got away far too lightly. His age is a moot point; the sentence should reflect the severity of the crime. If the application of an appropriate sentence means that one would reasonably expect him to serve the rest of his natural life in prison, so be it. The penalties might well have been more lenient for those types of crimes when they occurred (I don't know) but 15 months for the kind of offences he committed ...... really??

As for the teacher: did he deserve a custodial sentence, probably yes. If nothing else there was a significant betrayal of trust from a public servant placed in a position of trust, and a instance of an adult knowingly having sex with a minor. Whether you agree with the age of consent being 16 or not: he was out of order and displayed exceptionally poor personal and professional judgement.

However, 5 years seems a bit excessive given that professionally speaking, he's finished, it was consensual and that there was no kidnapping or anything involving duress involved and that the girl was 15. I'm not condoning it; just pointing to factors that perhaps should have been given more weight in mitigation.

Last edited by New_scooby_04; 21 June 2013 at 10:40 PM.
Old 21 June 2013, 10:39 PM
New_scooby_04

Originally Posted by boozydave

when i was 8 i fingered a girl of the same age, we both knew what we were doing.
F**king hell!
I hadn't even worked out long division by then!!

Although I could add up ...... If I used my fingers, ironically!

Last edited by New_scooby_04; 21 June 2013 at 10:41 PM.
Old 21 June 2013, 10:53 PM
f1_fan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by David Lock
You may not "buy into it" but the fact is that max sentences for these crimes have increased so Judge has to take into account what he might have got at the time.
The maximum sentences 'at the time' of Hall's crimes were between 2 and 5 years for each of the charges he was convicted of.

He committed 14 offences.

What part of 15 months being too lenient even in light of the sentences at the time is it you do not understand?
Old 21 June 2013, 11:40 PM
Martin2005
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by the shreksta
5 & half years is a ****ing joke,that school girl knew exactly what she was doing,most girls her age dress like slags with their fanny hanging out,she has probably had pork lolly numerous times but because the uk government decide that 15 is too young the bloke gets banged up,there is no difference between a girl who smokes pork lolly @ 15 to that of a girl who is 16 whether its a year that seperates them or a day.

the government needs to realise that most films/tv shows and music shows/videos these days have a sexual nature,even ****ing east-retard-enders is full of girls slagging it about-getting pregnant-dressing like a 2-bob hooker etc

basically they are saying its ok to watch these things/listen to these things but you are not allowed to have sex until you are 16 why fill their heads with images and thoughts of sex but then try to stop them doing it? girls will try to be like their favorite celeb/singer etc and alot of them use sex to sell,be it dressing like a slag or acting like a slag

in my opinion the legal age of consent should be 14,(now that will anger people but i really dont care) most kids these days have been stuffing each other rotten way before they are 16 regardless if you like it or not-people need to wake up

unless you wrap your kids in bubble wrap until they are 16 then they will be exposed to all sorts.is it wrong for a 30 year old to bang a 16 year old? not in my opinion,fair play to him i say,yes he should have waited until she was 16 according to the law

now before the usual small minded scoobynet members start saying im a kiddy-fiddler or i condone it blah blah blah................**** off,i have my opinion and im realistic about things,i spent 14 years on the doors up and down the country and i have seen alot of young girls getting into clubs/bars etc because they are dressed to impress,they look 16/17/18 and if i didnt know better and had a drink and they came on to me i would take them home-unwilling of their age and in a sense being trapped but yet i would get in trouble for it.............

people and the government need to look at why things like happen instead of waiting to catch people at it

i dont have kids and i never will have kids but parents will go mad or feel uneasy if their son/daughter has sex @ 14/15 or the legal age of 16

thats all im saying on the matter,i dont condone paedo's and what they do but on the other hand people like that teacher i kind of feel sorry for,yes he should have waited due to the law but he shouldnt get that sentence especially when the girl was not being held hostage/raped etc
Sorry, but you are completely missing the point. He was her teacher. Her deserves all he gets

Quick Reply: The teacher gets 5 half years, Stuart Hall gets 15 months!