Search this Thread

Old 10 April 2013, 05:41 PM
RobJenks
Scooby Regular

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Chubb Insurance-Emergency treatment

I have had hospital costs associated with a coronary event being scrutinised
by CI.
After I made contact with CI , I have had several calls from their office - Very nice and respectful , concerned about my well being etc, but the same questions have been asked each time - almost like a cross examination .
I have forwarded all my test results to them and now" they and their agents" want free access to my medical history.
To rule out "Any Pre existing conditions"
This has the potential to be very valuable data and could be "sold" to agencies that certainly do not have my interests at heart.
This outfit are US based and as we all know their prime motivation is the $ - A friend of mine who is American and so happens to be a professor of medicine in the field of neurology , challenged one of the callers from CI and it resulted in a hang up from CI after my friend stated he would be prepared to discuss my case further with anybody within CI.
I have nothing to hide, I have had no previous history and the angina I experienced was unexpected to say the least.
My costs claimed are minimal and I can write them off if necessary.
Pursuing a couple of grand for my privacy being compromised is a no brainer , but as I see it , its another example of insurers body swerving around their obligations for the sake of profit.