Notices

Run-Rite - Excellent cheap engine mod

Old 10 September 2001, 05:50 PM
Plantie
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

I had some engine treatment done on saturday, and the results have been so good I thought I'd let everyone know.
Probably wont be a benefit to new cars but the older cars definatley!

It is a 3 stage treatment.......

1, Engine treatment - they bleed it into the engine and it flattens any lumpy spots and cleans the engine internally!

2, Fuel injector treatment - normal in your petrol tank STP style!

3, Oil treatment - an oil/filter change is required. Cleans so when your dip your stick after adding new oil you dont seen any dirt, you dont even see the oil! Be careful on how much you put in.

I found my car idled better, had better response and drove perfect. I didn't think there was anything wrong in the first place! I've only done 23,000 miles.

It cost me £50 and they did it in half an hour!

Cheap but effective if you want to know more call a guy called Pete Jackson (ex-works engineer!) 01905 640512.

Pete is the only man you can this from in the UK. - Its called Run-rite.

No,I'm not on commission just impressed.

Also fuel consumtion is less!

Cheers Pete

Old 10 September 2001, 11:30 PM
Luke
BANNED

Pete
Only one word of warning. Regards use in older cars. This type of stuff ,"Fortes" etc does have a habit of cleaning out so much that it removes a lot of build up around seals. When this layer is removed the seals start to break down...
Old 17 September 2001, 08:42 AM
ScoobySnack
Scooby Regular

Just had mine done...on a 10K engine.......

Was sceptical at first, but it actually seems to work............ smoother delivery

Thanks to Pete and his crew

J
Old 19 September 2001, 05:30 PM
Nimbus
Scooby Regular

Question

Would you recomend this for a car thats done 130k miles (my95 with FSSH)?.There's nothing wrong with the car that I can tell at the moment, but interested in anything that can help.
Old 19 September 2001, 05:39 PM
Plantie
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Definatley! Mine had only done 23, I thought it was running perfect - boy was I wrong!

Call Pete and have the discussion, he' the technical Guru not me so he will explain exactly what it does.

Good luck, and post if you have treatment done with the results!!

Both Scoobysnacks and I have had iit done and both noticed an improvement!
Old 20 September 2001, 08:10 AM
Luke
BANNED

Nimbus
I would not do it. Some of your seals are relying on a thin layer of Old Burnt/dried oil etc. Strip this of and problems will start.
Not usung same product,but my crank shaft seal went within 300 miles of doing it. Think about it ,your car has a lot of miles.

Flush out with new oil and then put the best oil you can get in the engine.

[This message has been edited by Luke (edited 21 September 2001).]
Old 20 September 2001, 08:54 AM
Plantie
Scooby Regular

Just give Pete a call. There will be few people in the world that know Subaru's better than him.

He will advise no if he thinks it would be a bad thing.
Old 21 September 2001, 01:47 PM
ScoobySnack
Scooby Regular

Hi Nimbus,

I would hope that you could use this on a 130K engine, however Luke makes a very valid point about the existing wear and tear in the engine.

IMHO I would ring Pete and chat, then if he says ok ask if he will back this up with a warranty of some kind...........

J
Old 23 September 2001, 12:31 PM
Dick White
Scooby Regular

Exclamation

Guy i know used sommat on his car to remove gum and such, it worked that well that it freed off the pistons ring completely ....only problem from never burning any oil it went to burning so much it smoked from the exhaust!

in light of such stories it would seem that if you have a relatively new ( less that 30k ) engine then it could be well worth doing it, but on high mileage cars its a definate no-no!
Old 24 September 2001, 01:09 PM
Plantie
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Luke:
[B]Nimbus
I would not do it. Some of your seals are relying on a thin layer of Old Burnt/dried oil etc. Strip this of and problems will start.
Not usung same product,but my crank shaft seal went within 300 miles of doing it. Think about it ,your car has a lot of miles.

I spoke to Pete and he said the additive that is bled into the engine doesn't break down the seals only cleans them. Your call seals will NOT be broken down at all.

So it doesn't matter how many miles your engine has done it will only improve it!

Old 24 September 2001, 04:57 PM
Nimbus
Scooby Regular

I'm sort of tempted to go for it, but I think I will err on the side of caution in this instance. The car is running well at the moment anyway and I'd rather not risk anything, however slight that may be.

I'm sure it an excellent product, but I don't think I need it <I>that</I> much
Old 24 September 2001, 05:08 PM
Plantie
Scooby Regular

Nimbus,

I would reccomend it before your next MOT. The cleaning of you exhaust brings the emmisions down an unbelievable amount. I will get Pete to post the stats.
Old 29 September 2001, 01:06 PM
Pete Jackson
Scooby Newbie

Reference Run-Rite Products
This range of products has been so well tested in the US (typical!) that they guarentee that the engine will not be harmed. When someone like Texaco are willing to put there name to this product then it must be good. Pep Boys in the US (equivilant to Halfords ) have started using Run-Rite products through there 600+ stores with some remarkable results. Run-Rite Products are not available in the UK but if anyone would like to have a free sample then I am willing to carry out a full 3 part fuel system treatment so all you have to do is pay for the oil and filter. Results will show better economy, throttle response and performance. Why? because this system is like a decoke of the inlet tracks, valves and combustion chamber and it will not damage engine seals or piston rings. Please dont compare Run-Rite with any other products. It is unique, tried and tested. Please contact me at Listers 01905 640512. Regards, Pete Jackson