Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Amazon Naked Wines Voucher?

Search this Thread

Old 12 November 2012, 11:13 PM
LSherratt
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Amazon Naked Wines Voucher?

Anyone been sent one of these when ordering something off Amazon?

I have a £60 voucher for Naked Wines but surely it doesn't entitle me to 60 quids worth of wine? There must be a catch?

I've selected £60 worth but it still wants me to pay or something; has anyone had any experience with how it works?

Cheers.
Old 12 November 2012, 11:20 PM
joey_turbo
Scooby Regular

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

I always bin them. But isn't it 60 quid off a 100 quid spend or something like that?
Old 12 November 2012, 11:23 PM
LSherratt
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yep you're right. Just selected £100 worth of wine to see if it would work and went to the checkout.... there's no explanation of that anywhere.

Not sure whether to go for it or to bin the silly thing ha! I don't even like wine! Maybe if they did vodka and jack daniels etc then I might be more tempted
Old 12 November 2012, 11:25 PM
joey_turbo
Scooby Regular

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

When I see a "deal" like that, I assume its one of those overpriced places that use these "deals" to bring it down to slightly above regular rates. A bit like Euro Car Parts 30% off "deals"
Old 12 November 2012, 11:32 PM
Turbohot
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by joey_turbo
I always bin them. But isn't it 60 quid off a 100 quid spend or something like that?
I think that's what it is. All bullsh!t. I wouldn't touch that catch22 offer with a barge pole. Just go to LIDL, and stock same amount of good wine for less than 40 quid for Christmas, if you are a drinker. No need to spend 40 quid in order to be fooled into saving 60 quid that you don't at all. They just lure you to spend your 40 quid, that is all.
Old 13 November 2012, 01:42 PM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

What is it that makes a wine naked?

Les
Old 13 November 2012, 04:31 PM
Graz
Scooby Regular

Most of the time the vouchers are to lure you into a subscription scheme where you get billed for and sent a case of wine every 3 months unless you cancel. Not necessarily a bad thing if you are a regular wine drinker and most of it is quite nice. Not sure of the true value though.

I must admit though I've not tried Naked Wines. I've used Laithwaites a fair bit in the past and initially got some deal where it was buy 1 case get 1 free but was able to combine this with another voucher so ended up with 24 bottles of wine for around £2 a bottle After a few more orders from them I then tried Virgin Wines and eventually signed up to their Winebank scheme where you gave them 3 x £20 monthly payments then they gave you and extra £20 "interest". Again pretty good, wine was nice. Cancelled that when the missus was pregnant.

Tend to just use Tesco "Wine by the Case" these days.
Old 13 November 2012, 09:45 PM
Turbohot
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Leslie
What is it that makes a wine naked?

Les

Must be the unrefined, earthy taste; going by the way this 'naked' word is used by the food marketing industry.

Its like the naked salad at Tesco. You buy it due to it saying 'naked' on an attractive, pink and green packaging. You think it must be some half sexy and the freshest salad for being ever so ******* naked. When you eat it, you get bleddy sand in between your back teeth crackling like some genuine impurity. Then you curse yourself for falling for it, and pledge to never buy it again. This naked salad actually means straight from the farm, unwashed. Yuk! But then you end up buying it again due to it being in the first isle on the eye level. You just grab it, and throw it in your trolley without thinking twice. You get home, eat it again, and you feel like kicking yourself for buying it again. Then it finds itself in the bin. Crazy.

Before anyone patronises me and tells me to wash these things again under running water before consuming them, I do do that! It's just that the sand from these naked things doesn't come off with a wash. I reckon they sprinkle extra sand to the salad intentionally to put up the weight of the salad, as well as to pretend that it is straight from the farm.

Or, naked may mean totally opposite i.e. it is very lucid looking 'naked' wine i.e. very well refined. They do say that the nudity is the purenst form of art. It certainly is the purest form of life, so it could be this, for what we know. <shrug>
Old 14 November 2012, 05:06 PM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

I had never heard the term before.

Les