Search this Thread

Old 12 October 2012, 07:26 AM
vindaloo
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Seven Royal Marines arrested.

BBC story broke late yesterday.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-19918398

Wonder what the story is and what's the back story...

J.
Old 12 October 2012, 08:37 AM
The Trooper 1815
18 June 1815 - Waterloo

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by vindaloo

J.
NSR?
Old 12 October 2012, 09:14 AM
urban
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by vindaloo

J.
Apparently a colleague told tales on some others with regards to how they engaged an insurgent.
Old 12 October 2012, 10:14 AM
juggers
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

See how the wording is very different, innocent citizens are called insurgents as opposed to Taliban rebels. To the mass majority Taliban/Insurgents are the same. So for all we know these could be young teenagers throwing stones etc.

Don't you just love the media!

Last edited by juggers; 12 October 2012 at 10:29 AM.
Old 12 October 2012, 12:33 PM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

The Royal Marines are animals ...... which is what we want them to be in the warzone.

They rape, torture and murder ... although, normally, this is overlooked in foreign lands. The Taliban may be mad - but don't ever think that our forces act like angels!

The real problem is that they act like animals when back home too. This case is being held in a Military Court - or the true facts of these animals actions at home may be aired too, and we wouldn't want to hear that, would we?
Old 12 October 2012, 01:41 PM
Graz
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by pslewis
The Royal Marines are animals ...... which is what we want them to be in the warzone.

They rape, torture and murder ... although, normally, this is overlooked in foreign lands. The Taliban may be mad - but don't ever think that our forces act like angels!

The real problem is that they act like animals when back home too. This case is being held in a Military Court - or the true facts of these animals actions at home may be aired too, and we wouldn't want to hear that, would we?
Got a few mates who are ex Marines, sure they'd like to discuss your opinions at length with you. Let me know your contact details and I'll send them round....
Old 12 October 2012, 01:56 PM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

^^^^ Exactly what I mean^^^^
Old 12 October 2012, 02:13 PM
CREWJ
Scooby Regular

I know a few ex-marines and they came back from their respective tour of duty just like Pete says. Took them a fair few years to get back to normal living and to stop being on edge/short fuse all the time.
Old 12 October 2012, 02:14 PM
petethemeat
Scooby Regular

Thats a sweeping statement!

Do you have any information to back this up or is it just your own theory?
Old 12 October 2012, 02:43 PM
juggers
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by petethemeat
Thats a sweeping statement!

Do you have any information to back this up or is it just your own theory?
I recently spoke to a family with two marines, both naturally gifted lads like athletes etc. Neither of them will be allowing their children to join the marines after some of the stuff they have seen and one of them has done.
Old 12 October 2012, 02:44 PM
ScoobySteve69
Scooby Regular

How is this General Subaru Discussion?
Old 12 October 2012, 02:50 PM
MattyB1983
Scooby Regular

Received 45 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by Graz
Let me know your contact details and I'll send them round....
That is the exact point Pete was making chap
Old 12 October 2012, 02:59 PM
Wazz777
Scooby Regular

Oh really?

I'm a current serving Royal marine and just so happend to be out there last year when the above allegations took place. It is all b******s.

Your uneducated and ill informed views are typical of the modern day inbred idiot. Yes we make mistakes and it may seem what we do is wrong. But in the heat of the moment only YOU can question your actions. Not some fat p***k sat at a keyboard looking into a world he knows nothing about. As long as those actions can be justified then no-one can tell you you were wrong. Even a military court.

I would suggest you take a long hard look at yourself. I wonder if someone like you and your strong views would have the minerals to say that to our face? Probably not, much easier behind a computer.

Regards
A proud and loyal Booty
Old 12 October 2012, 03:04 PM
DCI Gene Hunt
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by Wazz777
I would suggest you take a long hard look at yourself. I wonder if someone like you and your strong views would have the minerals to say that to our face? Probably not, much easier behind a computer.

Regards
A proud and loyal Booty
Why would Pete read this news article from Scoobynet and then decide to wander off to the local Royal Marine barracks, fine a couple of Marines and then tell them what he thought to their faces?

He was simply posting his views on a topic raised by others on Scoobynet, you need to calm the **** down sunshine
Old 12 October 2012, 03:04 PM
wilkoca
Scooby Regular

Oh really?

I'm a current serving Royal marine and just so happend to be out there last year when the above allegations took place. It is all b******s.

Your uneducated and ill informed views are typical of the modern day inbred idiot. Yes we make mistakes and it may seem what we do is wrong. But in the heat of the moment only YOU can question your actions. Not some fat p***k sat at a keyboard looking into a world he knows nothing about. As long as those actions can be justified then no-one can tell you you were wrong. Even a military court.

Regards
A proud and loyal Booty
Good on ya Booty - keep up the excellent work.

I choose not to respond as no doubt i would have been banned.
Old 12 October 2012, 03:07 PM
JTaylor
Scooby Regular

My late maternal grandfather was a captain in the Royal Marines.
Old 12 October 2012, 03:07 PM
DCI Gene Hunt
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by wilkoca
I choose not to respond as no doubt i would have been banned.
Are you not capable of holding an adult conversation with something/someone you don't agree with?
Old 12 October 2012, 03:11 PM
Devildog
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by DCI Gene Hunt
Why would Pete read this news article from Scoobynet and then decide to wander off to the local Royal Marine barracks, fine a couple of Marines and then tell them what he thought to their faces?

He was simply posting his views on a topic raised by others on Scoobynet, you need to calm the **** down sunshine
No, he was being a c*nt as usual to get a rise out of someone.

Pretty much all of what psl posts is without foundation, despite said posts being presented as such. But not everyone knows that
Old 12 October 2012, 03:13 PM
Wazz777
Scooby Regular

I never said he should 'wander off to the local Royal Marine barracks'. It amuses me that people can say what they like on forums, but never say it to the people they are reffering to on a one-to-one basis. Cowards.

His views are insensitive, obnoxious and are quite frankly disgusting. How would you feel if he was reffering to your job/life? Doubt you'd be very happy sunshine.
Old 12 October 2012, 03:16 PM
Wazz777
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Devildog
No, he was being a c*nt as usual to get a rise out of someone.

Pretty much all of what psl posts is without foundation, despite said posts being presented as such. But not everyone knows that
Have I just taken a bite out of a dangling carrot? Better go out for a bit of raping to cheer msyelf up tonight.
Old 12 October 2012, 03:17 PM
dpb
Scooby Regular

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Or that he's 6'6” of solid blubber

Last edited by dpb; 12 October 2012 at 03:18 PM. Reason: Lewis that is
Old 12 October 2012, 03:18 PM
DCI Gene Hunt
Scooby Senior

I never said he should 'wander off to the local Royal Marine barracks'. It amuses me that people can say what they like on forums, but never say it to the people they are reffering to on a one-to-one basis. Cowards.

His views are insensitive, obnoxious and are quite frankly disgusting. How would you feel if he was reffering to your job/life? Doubt you'd be very happy sunshine.
Someone randomly spouting off on the internet about a profession I was in on the back of a BBC news story wouldn't bother me one iota, sunshine.
Old 12 October 2012, 03:20 PM
DCI Gene Hunt
Scooby Senior

Have I just taken a bite out of a dangling carrot? Better go out for a bit of raping to cheer msyelf up tonight.
...... *penny dropped*
Old 12 October 2012, 03:24 PM
Wazz777
Scooby Regular

Someone randomly spouting off on the internet about a profession I was in on the back of a BBC news story wouldn't bother me one iota, sunshine.
Well Kudos to you sunshine . I on the other hand take great pride in what I do and despise this kind of tripe. No trouble here Guv'nor.
Old 12 October 2012, 03:34 PM
wilkoca
Scooby Regular

Are you not capable of holding an adult conversation with something/someone you don't agree with?
Nope - I cant be bothered.

It was clearly a trolling post designed to get a response as per all of PSL posts.

Never argue with an idiot - they'll drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience

Last edited by wilkoca; 12 October 2012 at 03:36 PM.
Old 12 October 2012, 03:36 PM
DCI Gene Hunt
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by wilkoca
Nope - I cant be bothered.

It was clearly a trolling post designed to get a response as per all of Lewises posts.

Never argue with an idiot - they'll drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience

Old 12 October 2012, 04:00 PM
DYK
Scooby Regular

Hope you're not planning on wearing a tracksuit and driving a Rolls Royce..
Old 12 October 2012, 04:25 PM
bustaMOVEs
Scooby Regular

Received 28 Likes on 19 Posts

Most marines etc I can belive do a terrific job, but you can admit that there are bad ones out there, and it makes me laugh that some people are so quick to defend the ones that have done wrong.........like talibans etc if they do the same then most people just jump in all guns blazing.
People are people and there is good and bad in all walks of life.
Old 12 October 2012, 04:38 PM
Shaid
Scooby Regular

Can i join in, being Muslim and all that maybe we can trade tips, etc. Who knows this could be the community cohesion we have all been waiting for
Old 12 October 2012, 05:20 PM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

I can share with you my experience of our Royal Marine Heroes ..... but i won't as it's personal.

But, I can tell you right now that they are not quite right in the head when they have been in action - it's just how it is, and they are animals ..... there is a reason why they are rarely allowed into nightclubs and other places (all Forces Personnel, actually).

There are, clearly, some great Marines and Soldiers ...... there are more than your fair share of moral missing morons, however.

Active service changes people ... they become de-sensitised to things, therefore they inflict pain when they return from service.

I'm not trolling or being an 4rse .... it's my experience and my opinion, I'm not interested in ***** waving about who has the biggest muscles and smallest brains either!

Quick Reply: Seven Royal Marines arrested.