ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Seven Royal Marines arrested. (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/952480-seven-royal-marines-arrested.html)

vindaloo 12 October 2012 07:26 AM

Seven Royal Marines arrested.

BBC story broke late yesterday.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-19918398

Wonder what the story is and what's the back story...

J.

The Trooper 1815 12 October 2012 08:37 AM

Originally Posted by vindaloo (Post 10825159)

J.

NSR?

urban 12 October 2012 09:14 AM

Originally Posted by vindaloo (Post 10825159)

J.

Apparently a colleague told tales on some others with regards to how they engaged an insurgent.

juggers 12 October 2012 10:14 AM

See how the wording is very different, innocent citizens are called insurgents as opposed to Taliban rebels. To the mass majority Taliban/Insurgents are the same. So for all we know these could be young teenagers throwing stones etc.

Don't you just love the media!

pslewis 12 October 2012 12:33 PM

The Royal Marines are animals ...... which is what we want them to be in the warzone.

They rape, torture and murder ... although, normally, this is overlooked in foreign lands. The Taliban may be mad - but don't ever think that our forces act like angels!

The real problem is that they act like animals when back home too. This case is being held in a Military Court - or the true facts of these animals actions at home may be aired too, and we wouldn't want to hear that, would we?

Graz 12 October 2012 01:41 PM

Originally Posted by pslewis (Post 10825444)
The Royal Marines are animals ...... which is what we want them to be in the warzone.

They rape, torture and murder ... although, normally, this is overlooked in foreign lands. The Taliban may be mad - but don't ever think that our forces act like angels!

The real problem is that they act like animals when back home too. This case is being held in a Military Court - or the true facts of these animals actions at home may be aired too, and we wouldn't want to hear that, would we?

Got a few mates who are ex Marines, sure they'd like to discuss your opinions at length with you. Let me know your contact details and I'll send them round....

pslewis 12 October 2012 01:56 PM

^^^^ Exactly what I mean^^^^

CREWJ 12 October 2012 02:13 PM

I know a few ex-marines and they came back from their respective tour of duty just like Pete says. Took them a fair few years to get back to normal living and to stop being on edge/short fuse all the time.

petethemeat 12 October 2012 02:14 PM

Thats a sweeping statement!:idea:

Do you have any information to back this up or is it just your own theory?

juggers 12 October 2012 02:43 PM

Originally Posted by petethemeat (Post 10825553)
Thats a sweeping statement!:idea:

Do you have any information to back this up or is it just your own theory?

I recently spoke to a family with two marines, both naturally gifted lads like athletes etc. Neither of them will be allowing their children to join the marines after some of the stuff they have seen and one of them has done. :(

ScoobySteve69 12 October 2012 02:44 PM

How is this General Subaru Discussion? :wonder:

MattyB1983 12 October 2012 02:50 PM

Originally Posted by Graz (Post 10825528)
Let me know your contact details and I'll send them round....

That is the exact point Pete was making chap :D

Wazz777 12 October 2012 02:59 PM

Oh really?

I'm a current serving Royal marine and just so happend to be out there last year when the above allegations took place. It is all b******s.

Your uneducated and ill informed views are typical of the modern day inbred idiot. Yes we make mistakes and it may seem what we do is wrong. But in the heat of the moment only YOU can question your actions. Not some fat p***k sat at a keyboard looking into a world he knows nothing about. As long as those actions can be justified then no-one can tell you you were wrong. Even a military court.

I would suggest you take a long hard look at yourself. I wonder if someone like you and your strong views would have the minerals to say that to our face? Probably not, much easier behind a computer.

Regards
A proud and loyal Booty

DCI Gene Hunt 12 October 2012 03:04 PM

Originally Posted by Wazz777 (Post 10825584)
I would suggest you take a long hard look at yourself. I wonder if someone like you and your strong views would have the minerals to say that to our face? Probably not, much easier behind a computer.

Regards
A proud and loyal Booty

Why would Pete read this news article from Scoobynet and then decide to wander off to the local Royal Marine barracks, fine a couple of Marines and then tell them what he thought to their faces?

He was simply posting his views on a topic raised by others on Scoobynet, you need to calm the **** down sunshine ;)

wilkoca 12 October 2012 03:04 PM

Originally Posted by Wazz777 (Post 10825584)
Oh really?

I'm a current serving Royal marine and just so happend to be out there last year when the above allegations took place. It is all b******s.

Your uneducated and ill informed views are typical of the modern day inbred idiot. Yes we make mistakes and it may seem what we do is wrong. But in the heat of the moment only YOU can question your actions. Not some fat p***k sat at a keyboard looking into a world he knows nothing about. As long as those actions can be justified then no-one can tell you you were wrong. Even a military court.

Regards
A proud and loyal Booty

Good on ya Booty - keep up the excellent work.

I choose not to respond as no doubt i would have been banned.

JTaylor 12 October 2012 03:07 PM

My late maternal grandfather was a captain in the Royal Marines.

DCI Gene Hunt 12 October 2012 03:07 PM

Originally Posted by wilkoca (Post 10825590)
I choose not to respond as no doubt i would have been banned.

Are you not capable of holding an adult conversation with something/someone you don't agree with? :D

Devildog 12 October 2012 03:11 PM

Originally Posted by DCI Gene Hunt (Post 10825589)
Why would Pete read this news article from Scoobynet and then decide to wander off to the local Royal Marine barracks, fine a couple of Marines and then tell them what he thought to their faces?

He was simply posting his views on a topic raised by others on Scoobynet, you need to calm the **** down sunshine ;)

No, he was being a c*nt as usual to get a rise out of someone.

Pretty much all of what psl posts is without foundation, despite said posts being presented as such. But not everyone knows that

Wazz777 12 October 2012 03:13 PM

Originally Posted by DCI Gene Hunt (Post 10825589)

I never said he should 'wander off to the local Royal Marine barracks'. It amuses me that people can say what they like on forums, but never say it to the people they are reffering to on a one-to-one basis. Cowards.

His views are insensitive, obnoxious and are quite frankly disgusting. How would you feel if he was reffering to your job/life? Doubt you'd be very happy sunshine.

Wazz777 12 October 2012 03:16 PM

Originally Posted by Devildog (Post 10825600)
No, he was being a c*nt as usual to get a rise out of someone.

Pretty much all of what psl posts is without foundation, despite said posts being presented as such. But not everyone knows that

Have I just taken a bite out of a dangling carrot? Better go out for a bit of raping to cheer msyelf up tonight.

dpb 12 October 2012 03:17 PM

Or that he's 6'6” of solid blubber :)

DCI Gene Hunt 12 October 2012 03:18 PM

Originally Posted by Wazz777 (Post 10825604)
I never said he should 'wander off to the local Royal Marine barracks'. It amuses me that people can say what they like on forums, but never say it to the people they are reffering to on a one-to-one basis. Cowards.

His views are insensitive, obnoxious and are quite frankly disgusting. How would you feel if he was reffering to your job/life? Doubt you'd be very happy sunshine.

Someone randomly spouting off on the internet about a profession I was in on the back of a BBC news story wouldn't bother me one iota, sunshine. :D

DCI Gene Hunt 12 October 2012 03:20 PM

Originally Posted by Wazz777 (Post 10825605)
Have I just taken a bite out of a dangling carrot? Better go out for a bit of raping to cheer msyelf up tonight.

:lol1: ...... *penny dropped*

Wazz777 12 October 2012 03:24 PM

Originally Posted by DCI Gene Hunt (Post 10825610)
Someone randomly spouting off on the internet about a profession I was in on the back of a BBC news story wouldn't bother me one iota, sunshine. :D

Well Kudos to you sunshine :). I on the other hand take great pride in what I do and despise this kind of tripe. No trouble here Guv'nor.

wilkoca 12 October 2012 03:34 PM

Originally Posted by DCI Gene Hunt (Post 10825596)
Are you not capable of holding an adult conversation with something/someone you don't agree with? :D

Nope - I cant be bothered.

It was clearly a trolling post designed to get a response as per all of PSL posts.

Never argue with an idiot - they'll drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience

:thumb:

DCI Gene Hunt 12 October 2012 03:36 PM

Originally Posted by wilkoca (Post 10825628)
Nope - I cant be bothered.

It was clearly a trolling post designed to get a response as per all of Lewises posts.

Never argue with an idiot - they'll drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience

:thumb:

:thumb::D

DYK 12 October 2012 04:00 PM

Hope you're not planning on wearing a tracksuit and driving a Rolls Royce..

bustaMOVEs 12 October 2012 04:25 PM

Most marines etc I can belive do a terrific job, but you can admit that there are bad ones out there, and it makes me laugh that some people are so quick to defend the ones that have done wrong.........like talibans etc if they do the same then most people just jump in all guns blazing.
People are people and there is good and bad in all walks of life.

Shaid 12 October 2012 04:38 PM

Can i join in, being Muslim and all that maybe we can trade tips, etc. Who knows this could be the community cohesion we have all been waiting for :norty:

pslewis 12 October 2012 05:20 PM

I can share with you my experience of our Royal Marine Heroes ..... but i won't as it's personal.

But, I can tell you right now that they are not quite right in the head when they have been in action - it's just how it is, and they are animals ..... there is a reason why they are rarely allowed into nightclubs and other places (all Forces Personnel, actually).

There are, clearly, some great Marines and Soldiers ...... there are more than your fair share of moral missing morons, however.

Active service changes people ... they become de-sensitised to things, therefore they inflict pain when they return from service.

I'm not trolling or being an 4rse .... it's my experience and my opinion, I'm not interested in willy waving about who has the biggest muscles and smallest brains either!