Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Whoever changed the law regarding squatters needs to address this one too....

Search this Thread

Old 02 September 2012, 11:21 PM
skoobidude
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Whoever changed the law regarding squatters needs to address this one too....

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england...shire-19456928

Old 02 September 2012, 11:29 PM
ALi-B
Support Scoobynet!

Received 301 Likes on 240 Posts

I'm not saying guns owners should do this but....

Prise open shotgun cartridge. Empty out the shot. Refil with rock salt and recrimp the cartridge

Scares the shyte out of intruders and will hurt enough to make them run away without causing any serious injury.
Old 02 September 2012, 11:35 PM
corradoboy
Scooby Regular

Well done to him √
Old 03 September 2012, 01:02 AM
Suresh
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I think the police should take a neutral position to check all is what it seems. And if that indeed turns out to be the case, let the homeowner go and award him a medal.

I remember the guy who was sent down after he took to a violent intruder with a cricket bat after chasing him down the street. Broke the bloody bat too.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Munir_H...tims%27_rights

The Lord chief justice eventually turned it into a suspended term thankfully.
Old 03 September 2012, 03:31 AM
corradoboy
Scooby Regular

In fairness, once the intruder flees any attack should cease. As much as I agree that the ****** needed a beating to teach him a lesson (I doubt he would heed), there has to be a line drawn.
Old 03 September 2012, 07:57 AM
GlesgaKiss
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Shooting someone should be for defence only. Maybe that wasn't the case here? Not that I wouldn't be tempted to shoot someone in the legs to stop them getting away! Having someone break into your house can be a terrifying thing, so you end up acting on pure adrenaline.
Old 03 September 2012, 08:11 AM
JDM_Stig
Scooby Regular

Received 41 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by corradoboy
In fairness, once the intruder flees any attack should cease. As much as I agree that the ****** needed a beating to teach him a lesson (I doubt he would heed), there has to be a line drawn.
so 4 guys enter your house and because they run off you wouldnt do anything,
your a fool if you think we believe that,
if they enter your house without a invite and not thru the door opened by you then they loose all their rights ,

I know of a case where a policeman thought that he would enter a house thru a window he broke, he got a right kicking and didnt have a leg to stand on when it got to court.
Old 03 September 2012, 08:12 AM
BOB.T
Scooby Senior

Screw that, shoot to kill... if they get away they still know where you live!
Old 03 September 2012, 08:32 AM
The Trooper 1815
18 June 1815 - Waterloo

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

that man.
Old 03 September 2012, 09:20 AM
jonc
Scooby Regular

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

Ken says you can stab them and you'll be fine...
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-burglars.html
Old 03 September 2012, 11:45 AM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

With the increase in people willing to break into your house and to carry out a vicious personal attack if you resist their actions, I think it is perfectly reasonable to use force in order to defend yourself and your own property.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england...shire-19456928

Can you explain how this applies to your link please.

Les
Old 03 September 2012, 01:05 PM
An0n0m0us
Scooby Regular

Received 29 Likes on 16 Posts

Well done to the farmer and his wife. What a joke this country is as if I understand it correctly they are still being held in custody. I bet the CPS go after this couple more than they do the burglars
Old 03 September 2012, 01:08 PM
Tidgy
Scooby Regular

Received 150 Likes on 115 Posts

They havn't been charged with anything yet have they? Police have a duty to investigate all incidents, then crown prosecution service will decide if they go to court or not.

i have a feeling nothing will actualy come of this in the long run
Old 03 September 2012, 01:10 PM
Martin2005
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by skoobidude
The law doesn't need changing, it just needs to be applied properly and sensibly
Old 03 September 2012, 03:45 PM
Flaps
Scooby Regular

If he wouldn't have shot them then they would have probably not been able to be identified!
Old 03 September 2012, 06:33 PM
_Meridian_
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Martin2005
The law doesn't need changing, it just needs to be applied properly and sensibly

It is applied properly and sensibly. There have only been a handful of cases of people being tried for supposedly defending their family, person and/or property - in the vast majority of cases charges are dropped, or not brought in the first place. Most trials resulted in acquittals, including the man who waited inside his garden shed with a shotgun, and fired through the door when the handle was tried. There have been about four to six cases where the householder was convicted, which is why the same few cases get mentioned every time. All involved factors such as attacking the burglar after they were no longer a danger, and clearly so: like the man who tied the burglar up, dropped him in a pit, covered him in petrol and set him on fire. Or the one who got a few of his relatives, tracked down the burglar, and beat him. Or a couple of cases which were actually personal disputes, and where the householder did not inform the police, but arranged to be armed when the other person(s) came a-calling. For all cases where the householder genuinely believes that they or their property are in danger, and where they don't actually behave like a raving psychopath, the law is just fine as it is.
Old 03 September 2012, 07:21 PM
An0n0m0us
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by _Meridian_
It is applied properly and sensibly. There have only been a handful of cases of people being tried for supposedly defending their family, person and/or property - in the vast majority of cases charges are dropped, or not brought in the first place. Most trials resulted in acquittals, including the man who waited inside his garden shed with a shotgun, and fired through the door when the handle was tried. There have been about four to six cases where the householder was convicted, which is why the same few cases get mentioned every time. All involved factors such as attacking the burglar after they were no longer a danger, and clearly so: like the man who tied the burglar up, dropped him in a pit, covered him in petrol and set him on fire. Or the one who got a few of his relatives, tracked down the burglar, and beat him. Or a couple of cases which were actually personal disputes, and where the householder did not inform the police, but arranged to be armed when the other person(s) came a-calling. For all cases where the householder genuinely believes that they or their property are in danger, and where they don't actually behave like a raving psychopath, the law is just fine as it is.
All very well BUT no mention of Tony Martin who many people in this country think did the right thing but the law in this country deemed him to be a murderer. How about if the thieving c***s hadn't gone to his proprty to rob him they wouldn't have got blasted with a shotgun
Old 03 September 2012, 07:24 PM
hodgy0_2
Scooby Regular

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

In the back whilst climbing out of the window
Old 03 September 2012, 07:58 PM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by hodgy0_2
In the back, in the front, in the side, coming in the window or going out the window ... they have violated my property, they get shot - end of!!
Old 03 September 2012, 07:59 PM
hodgy0_2
Scooby Regular

whatever you say Batman
Old 03 September 2012, 08:36 PM
An0n0m0us
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by hodgy0_2
Oh that's OK then, they must have finished and were on their way home, best leave them to it. He wasn't to know whether they were going to come back after him or not so he shot the ******* and I would have done the same.
Old 03 September 2012, 08:36 PM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

hodgy 0 2:-

You obviously believe that a criminal running away should be allowed to escape?

I believe that they should be executed on the spot.
Old 03 September 2012, 08:48 PM
Paben
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by ALi-B

Prise open shotgun cartridge. Empty out the shot. Refil with rock salt and recrimp the cartridge

Scares the shyte out of intruders and will hurt enough to make them run away without causing any serious injury.
Urban myth - this won't work with the nitro powders used in modern cartridges so no use for sorting burglars. Progressive-burn powders need resistance (weight of shot) to work properly. Rock salt makes a bit of a pop but not much else. Nice idea though!
Old 03 September 2012, 09:08 PM
RobsyUK
Scooby Regular

Received 183 Likes on 141 Posts

Shoot them in the face everytime. Or try anyways. If they live they won't forget it.
Old 04 September 2012, 10:05 AM
Martin2005
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by _Meridian_

Agreed
Old 04 September 2012, 10:09 AM
Martin2005
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by pslewis
In the back, in the front, in the side, coming in the window or going out the window ... they have violated my property, they get shot - end of!!
What if you think they are 'violating your property' but there intentions are entirely innocent, where do you shoot them, in the front, back or side?
Old 04 September 2012, 11:43 AM
Carlh
Scooby Regular

If you want to burgle my house, you're more than welcome.

Just dont expect to leave alive, with any of my contents.
Old 04 September 2012, 11:52 AM
hodgy0_2
Scooby Regular

What if you think they are 'violating your property' but there intentions are entirely innocent, where do you shoot them, in the front, back or side?
no use, they live in a wild west monochrome world

where goodies wear white hats and the badies black

and indians should fvck off home
Old 04 September 2012, 11:56 AM
urban
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by ALi-B

Excellent idea
Old 04 September 2012, 12:31 PM
jonc
Scooby Regular

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

Obviously you have ask the gang of masked intruders who smashed their way in what their intentions are before hand.

Quick Reply: Whoever changed the law regarding squatters needs to address this one too....