Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Office Environments

Search this Thread

Old 28 August 2012, 01:31 PM
ScoobLou
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Office Environments

Who do you find bitch the most, male or female colleagues or are they on par?

I love where I work, the only thing that really gets me down is the constant immature behaviour of the people I work with and one particular person who seems to spend their life bitching about people, even their own family!

It drives me up the wall as I thought I'd left that kind of behaviour when I left school!
Old 28 August 2012, 01:46 PM
urban
Scooby Regular

You need three options to pick from.

Male
Female
Gay
Old 28 August 2012, 02:05 PM
ALi-B
Support Scoobynet!

Received 301 Likes on 240 Posts

I tell you what drives me up the wall:

Those who repeat/explain the same thing over and over and over and over during the same conversation. Yeah, I understood you the first time.

Those who shout/talk loudly down the phone in a quiet office to the point it hurts my hearing.

Those who keep switching off the a/c, turning the place into a sauna (flat roof, dodgy damp course = hot and humid office).

Those that keep moaning about how uncomfy their chair is, but won't buy a new one, or if they do its a £50 POS from Viking.

Oh s**t...I'm the office moaner (Male, not Gay)
Old 28 August 2012, 03:30 PM
ScoobLou
Scooby Regular

Too much bullying goes on at our place and it always comes from the same person.

I hope one day the shoe is on the other foot and we get to see how she likes it!
Old 28 August 2012, 03:38 PM
oliVeR6
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Male dominated industry so only females we really have are PA's, receptionists and marketing lot. Never really heard the PA's bitch but f*ck me the receptionists do, especially one woman! If it's not to the other receptionists then she's on the phone to someone doing it! Worst thing is she's 40+ and should know better!

As for the males, there's a couple or bitch a fair bit but it's more sneaky, backstabbing, behind closed doors bitching! So much so I joke about it being like working in "The House of Flying Daggers"!

So due to minimum females it has to be guys for me that are the worst
Old 28 August 2012, 03:39 PM
EddScott
Scooby Regular

Received 64 Likes on 32 Posts

Worst industry for bitching is hairdressing.

Wife has had terrible time recently with a girl leaving and telling tales to her new employers. Wife has been really hurt by it because she considered this girl a friend outside work.

They've all got too much to say.
Old 28 August 2012, 06:36 PM
Woody69
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I work with a lot of guys and everyone is trying to be the "Alpha male"......The alpha male syndrome is an act that is performed by males usually in their teens and twenties who act tough, are loud, and have to be the center of attention or they feel insecure. When a man is successful and in his thirties he no longer acts this way because he has grown up and realized that the entire alpha male act is phony. When was the last time you saw a rich, successful man try to pick a fight??? Never. The only guys that do this are the losers that go to bars to take their anger out because they are angry inside for going nowhere in life.
Old 28 August 2012, 06:50 PM
DYK
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Woody69
I work with a lot of guys and everyone is trying to be the "Alpha male"......The alpha male syndrome is an act that is performed by males usually in their teens and twenties who act tough, are loud, and have to be the center of attention or they feel insecure. When a man is successful and in his thirties he no longer acts this way because he has grown up and realized that the entire alpha male act is phony. When was the last time you saw a rich, successful man try to pick a fight??? Never. The only guys that do this are the losers that go to bars to take their anger out because they are angry inside for going nowhere in life.
Quite true,and i stopped using Lynx deodorant when i was 17 .Alpha males don't need to fight or act hard..
Old 29 August 2012, 11:13 AM
ScoobLou
Scooby Regular

We seem to spend more of our time trying to smooth auguments over than doing our own work.

Seriously what is the matter with people, we are supposed to be adults!

When this particular person was off having a baby the office was lovely!

I kinda hoped motherhood would make them grow up but naw they still as bitter and twisted as they always were if not more.

Trouble is, once they start the rest follow like sheep!