E-cigs

Search this Thread

Old 20 August 2012, 06:38 AM
donny andi
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default E-cigs

Anyone tried them or currently using one
Tbh thought they would be a waste of £'s........but I'm off to Cyprus soon and thought it would be ok for the flight
Normally smoke 20+ a day , double that if I'm in one of doncaster's errr 'finest' rental houses
Weekends can see me chewing them aswel

Well bought one Saturday and I've had 5 **** , normally I fall downstairs in a morning , kick the mutts out and I'm straight on the cigs whilst the kettles boiling .......2 mornings gone without that 'first' ***

Like I said , it was bought just for the plane trip......but dingly damn these things seem to work

So all you smokers who are like me.........smoke for the sake of smoking..
Go try one
Old 20 August 2012, 06:50 AM
stedee
Scooby Regular

i keep meaning to but dont get round to it, ive heard the liquids are the best and cheapest rather than the cartridges.

i will do it though
Old 20 August 2012, 07:00 AM
donny andi
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by stedee
i keep meaning to but dont get round to it, ive heard the liquids are the best and cheapest rather than the cartridges.

i will do it though
Never looked into it bud , I bought a 'VIP' box as its what's for sale in the local shopping centre......got a extra pack of cartridges for £8 (supposed to be equivalent of 200 cigs?) , still on first one

I've tried all the stop smoking stuff over the past few years and never found anything that 'helped'....plus no will power
Like I said this was bought just for a plane trip......and the bloody thing works , so huge bonus
Old 20 August 2012, 07:35 AM
CharlySkunkWeed
Scooby Regular

Received 70 Likes on 48 Posts

have u checked u can take them on the plane ? Wasnt there a big securiy hoo-haa recently involving them ?
Old 20 August 2012, 07:47 AM
pimmo2000
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

http://www.buyecigarettesuk.com/#/la...ews/4557367667

Despite being advertised to be "smoked anywhere" it seems as if some airlines have decided they do not want them on board due to disruption and the need to explain to people around that the e-cig is not generating real smoke.

Electronic cigarettes are allowed on most airlines, however, Continental is one that has decided against allowing passengers to smoke these on board. The ban covers "the use of electronic, simulated smoking materials", which seems rather strange, considering no tobacco is burnt in the process and rather, the battery heats liquid nicotine that creates a vapour. This created somewhat of a ruckus with a passenger recently who decided to start quoting Osama Bin Laden and ended up being kicked off his plane (read more here)

Last year the U.S. Department of Transportation wanted to implement a ban of electronic cigarettes. Transport Secretary Ray LaHood said, "Airline passengers have rights, and this rule would enhance passenger comfort and reduce any confusion surrounding the use of electronic cigarettes in flight".

This is potentially one of the most ridiculous excuses in history. How dumb does LaHood believe American citizens to be, if they cannot grasp the fact the electronic cigarette is emitting a vapour and is not actually burning tobacco. Surely the smell- or lack of it, would be an instant sign. Many batteries do not even light up the typical red, and have green or blue lights attached: a definite indicator this is not a real cigarette.

This strange idea of banning e-cigs in flight has spread across to the UK, with the likes of British Airways, Virgin Atlantic, TUI, Thomson and Thomas Cook all following suit and disallowing passengers to smoke on board. Other airlines that have included themselves in the ban are Air Canada, American Airlines, JLM and Japan Airlines.

Make sure you double check with your airline if you actually are able to smoke on the flight, if you're looking to do it. Alternatively, if you'd rather just risk it, you can always just hide under the blanket they give you or take a sneaky drag when everyone is asleep! (We strictly advise not to).
Old 20 August 2012, 09:48 AM
Bristol98
Scooby Regular

They are mint, I've got a Titan Tank (from TECC) and they are good. The liquids come in something like 7000 flavours, god knows why you'd want to smoke a roast chicken dinner though!

Went from 30ish a day to the e-cig and didn't fancy a "normal" rollie. Having said that, I'm now back on the baccy as I got a load cheap from Spain.
Old 20 August 2012, 10:41 AM
RobsyUK
Scooby Regular

Received 183 Likes on 141 Posts

I smoked for years and then gave up using patches. 5yrs later and I got back on them after a weekend of hard partying... I wouldn't say I'm addicted as i've been 2days without them but do love them.

The trick with any smoking aid is to use it when you would normally smoke an not all of the time. You can't smoke on a flight so why use the electric version?

Just change your daily habbits will help massivly
Old 20 August 2012, 11:05 AM
Ant
Scooby Regular

Cyprus is only a 4 hour flight hardly life threatening im sure any heavy smoker can cope 4 hours
Old 20 August 2012, 12:12 PM
Dedrater
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by donny andi
..Tbh thought they would be a waste of £'s........
Unlike normal **** being a great investment?
I am amazed when people moan about the cost of smoking alternatives, considering you are gambling your life.

Trust me, if you have ever known someone to have got lung cancer and painfully died from it in the prime of their life, directly caused by smoking, then the relative short term costs of stopping will pale into significance.
Get banks loans, max out credit cards, anything is better then being told you have but a year to live and logically the best thing to do by then is commit suicide before cancer kicks fu*k out of you.

Good luck
Old 20 August 2012, 02:34 PM
donny andi
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Dedrater
Unlike normal **** being a great investment?
I am amazed when people moan about the cost of smoking alternatives, considering you are gambling your life.

Trust me, if you have ever known someone to have got lung cancer and painfully died from it in the prime of their life, directly caused by smoking, then the relative short term costs of stopping will pale into significance.
Get banks loans, max out credit cards, anything is better then being told you have but a year to live and logically the best thing to do by then is commit suicide before cancer kicks fu*k out of you.

Good luck
No never meant that.....I meant it could be a waste of money as in a marketing gimmick? , bit like the iPhone in my pocket
I've seen first hand the way cancer eats away.....foolishly that didn't stop me smoking either.
I'm at the stage where I smoke for the sake of smoking.....'routine'
A non smoker may not grasp that bit......I've been up since 6 and hand on heart I would of done 20 in by now.......I had 1 at 12:30 so I'm happy larry , even if I have 1 later , 30/40+ a day down to 2 in a day after 72 hours is life changing to me
I'll be even happier when I don't fancy having 1.....bare in mind I've been in this 'routine' for 15 years
I'm not bothered if a pack of cigs is £10...I havnt done this for the £'s I'm just trying to stop a habit I no longer enjoy
Old 20 August 2012, 04:13 PM
CharlySkunkWeed
Scooby Regular

my dad smoked a tobacco pipe right till he died of cancer. Why did he keep smoking ? He had stomach cancer. All the years we wished he would give up meant nothing , there is always some other way of dying. Sure , giving up certainly raises the odds in your favour , but we all go in the end. Sometimes i think. sod it , just do what u enjoy , u may just survive !
Old 20 August 2012, 04:17 PM
Pjamie
Scooby Regular

What brand/make did you get? I tried one for a while but it wasn't pleasant and burned my lips where the liquid seemed to seep out. Wouldn't mind trying again with a brand that seemed to work for someone.
Old 20 August 2012, 04:46 PM
davefaedeen
Scooby Regular

I had smoked for 15 years and now am on the 10movites ecig its epic. takes a bit of getting used to but worth its weight in gold, since using it I have converted 6 people to them. I can breath better, I dont stink and my morning cough has gone + food tastes alot better. do it all you have to loose is cancer...
Old 20 August 2012, 05:20 PM
CharlySkunkWeed
Scooby Regular

did i hear recently that they arent exactly heathly by any means ? Obviously better than smoking but not to be used as a replacement ?
Old 20 August 2012, 05:30 PM
donny andi
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by CharlySkunkWeed
did i hear recently that they arent exactly heathly by any means ? Obviously better than smoking but not to be used as a replacement ?
Just a nicotine blast you get mate...no tar or crap, supposed to be nicotine that smokers crave
Old 20 August 2012, 05:32 PM
CharlySkunkWeed
Scooby Regular

yeah , but inhaling pure nicotine cant be good !
Old 20 August 2012, 05:35 PM
donny andi
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Pjamie
What brand/make did you get? I tried one for a while but it wasn't pleasant and burned my lips where the liquid seemed to seep out. Wouldn't mind trying again with a brand that seemed to work for someone.
VIP e cig , not a liquid one mate .
Think they work out more expensive but already I'm not reaching for it every 20 mins so a 'big I hope' I can bin it in a few weeks
Still can't believe a £20 gadget has pulled me off the old cancer sticks

Suppose time will tell
Old 20 August 2012, 05:37 PM
donny andi
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by CharlySkunkWeed
yeah , but inhaling pure nicotine cant be good !
At this moment in time ......it's good
Old 20 August 2012, 06:06 PM
CharlySkunkWeed
Scooby Regular

aparently just un-regulated , not necessarily bad for you , but it might be !

http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&sou...4465SodlGnEVFw
Old 20 August 2012, 07:04 PM
Torquemada
Scooby Regular

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by RobsyUK
I smoked for years and then gave up using patches. 5yrs later and I got back on them after a weekend of hard partying... I wouldn't say I'm addicted as i've been 2days without them but do love them.

The trick with any smoking aid is to use it when you would normally smoke an not all of the time. You can't smoke on a flight so why use the electric version?

Just change your daily habbits will help massivly
The ban of ciggies on planes was all about fire risks I thought (?) so why not use e-cigs mate? (apart from the airlines foolishly banning them) Longhaul flights with no ciggies when you're a frequent smoker can drive you bonkers. (and everyone else on the plane sometimes!)

Then again, for flights you could just use one of those nicorette inhalers which I can't imagine would be a problem considering they give off no vapour or light or anything and discretely fit in the palm of your hand. Short term solution to bonkers logic from the airlines I guess.

Gonna try out one of these e-cigs as I have tried giving up a few times now and failed due to my poor willpower and addictive personality.

donni andi, I know where you're coming from! Just smoking for the habit and sake of it seems to be my problem, becomes part of a routine etc. even though I watched my mum die a slow and painful death from breast cancer (she was an ex smoker).
Old 21 August 2012, 11:21 AM
Bristol98
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Pjamie
See my post above, a Tornado or Titan Tank from TECC, you need to replace the little plastic caps on the cartridges from time to time to stop them leaking.
Old 21 August 2012, 11:41 AM
urban
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Ant
Cyprus is only a 4 hour flight hardly life threatening im sure any heavy smoker can cope 4 hours
Yes - but......

You can't smoke in the airport.
You probably have to be checked in 2 hours before departure, so its probably 8 or 9 hours later before he can smoke.

Last edited by urban; 21 August 2012 at 03:15 PM.
Old 21 August 2012, 03:09 PM
wrx300scooby
Scooby Regular

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by urban
Yes - but......

You can't smoke in the airport.
You probably have to checked in 2 hours before departure, so its probably 8 or 9 hours later before he can smoke.
For anyone reading this thread there is smoking area at Manchester airport, terminal 2, gate 300. Used it myself just the other week Does anyone know of other smoking areas in UK airports?
Old 21 August 2012, 06:04 PM
donny andi
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by wrx300scooby
For anyone reading this thread there is smoking area at Manchester airport, terminal 2, gate 300. Used it myself just the other week Does anyone know of other smoking areas in UK airports?
I'm flying from Manchester bud, I'm normally that bad I'm having a crafty *** on the runway.....not this year though.
Still happy I've had 2 today ....added it up a moment ago and I'm £30 up since Sunday to now, never really took notice of the money I waste on cigs.
Hoping by the time I go away **** and e cig will be long forgot.
Old 22 August 2012, 01:28 PM
urban
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by donny andi
I'm normally that bad I'm having a crafty *** on the runway
How on earth do you manage to do that