Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Anyone had an Ebay seller "disappear" ?

Search this Thread

Old 30 July 2012, 11:48 AM
Carlh
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone had an Ebay seller "disappear" ?

Ive had two emails from Ebay this morning, referencing a couple of purchases (only £30 in total) from an Ebay seller that seems to have been removed.

Heres the email:

Dear ME

We're writing to let you know that the listing for the following item you bid on has been removed:

**** product ****

We strongly recommend that you do not complete this purchase. Purchases of items listed on eBay but then completed outside of eBay are extremely risky. They are not covered by eBay buyer protection programs and are highly susceptible to fraud.

For more information on offers to buy or sell outside of eBay, copy this link into a new browser window:
blahblahblah

What I dont understand, is that the seller had 3500 sales, with a rating of 99.7%

Now I have to go through some stupid process to get back my money. Why it isnt automatic I dont know.

I did have an email from the seller, VIA ebay on Saturday saying my goods were dispatched.

Do I wait the 7 days or start the recovery now?

Anyway of finding out what the seller has done to get booted off ebay:
Seller: pickit-us ( 3304 )
Seller information: Pickit-us
Xianfeng Zhao
48977 Nampeyo St
Fremont, CA 94539 US
does sound dodge now Im reading the guys name, obviously Chinese (feckin cheating barstewards) in California, yet it all came under a UK filter when I searched for my products through the Ebay site (specifically chose products from UK so I dont have to wait weeks for a delivery).

Old 30 July 2012, 11:53 AM
tubbytommy
BANNED

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i thought if you have already paid via paypal you are covered as thats the point of paying via paypal.
Old 30 July 2012, 12:57 PM
Carlh
Scooby Regular

thats good to know, just seems odd that a seller with such a good rating, would be removed (inc all the products).

Pain in the *** I have to go look for another supplier, fork out more money before getting it back. I think I might use amazon from now on.
Old 30 July 2012, 01:07 PM
tubbytommy
BANNED

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Carlh
thats good to know, just seems odd that a seller with such a good rating, would be removed (inc all the products).

Pain in the *** I have to go look for another supplier, fork out more money before getting it back. I think I might use amazon from now on.
i know some people hate paypal etc but i have never had any trouble with it and have got my money back when i have had a problem.
i think if you start a dispute you should get a refund as your not to blame in any way.
Old 30 July 2012, 01:15 PM
The Pink Ninja
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yep I have had that email before, Raise a claim with PayPal and you will be able to get in contact with him/them
Old 30 July 2012, 03:48 PM
lineker13
Scooby Regular

I had this happen to me about a year and a half ago. I ordered a set of Rays/Volk wheel stickers from a seller in China for £15 delivered. A couple of days after paying through Paypal I had exactly the same letter as the op. I didn't think about claiming the money back and just chalked it off as a lesson learned, but 1 week later, the stickers arrived on my doorstep. I still don't know why they removed him from E-Bay though because he had really good feedback too. I was just happy I'd got what I'd payed for.
Old 30 July 2012, 03:56 PM
Carlh
Scooby Regular

Just raised my dispute in the resolution centre, something must have been marked up for refund, raised two cases and within minutes (less than 10) confirmation of refund for both my items.

Im a happy chappy again and faith has been restored
Old 30 July 2012, 03:56 PM
Carlh
Scooby Regular

bit of luck, the bits will turn up and i'll be selling them on ebay lol
Old 30 July 2012, 04:24 PM
marcevs72
Scooby Regular

i had this recently after ordering a set of fancy levers for a gsxr 1000.listing stated slough and went ahead,paid through payapl as a guest as dont have account and all seemed ok until 2 days later when i had same email as above.the actual seller was in hong kong and emailed him and got response straight away explaining they had warehouse in slough and my levers were not in stock so coming from hong kong direct.i thought bollocks they wont turn up but next day they did and well happy....royal mail take a look at yourselves when i ca get stuff from hong kong faster than a letter from 20 miles away!!!
god knows why ebay sent me message as seller was all legit.
Old 30 July 2012, 08:34 PM
RobsyUK
Scooby Regular

Received 183 Likes on 141 Posts

eBay close people down without Question if they think they are selling counterfeit or copies.. Or even if they don't pay their sellers fees.
Old 31 July 2012, 12:14 AM
scud8
Scooby Regular

I had a similar email a couple of years ago after I bought some UGG boots from a UK seller. The account had been hacked by a counterfeit seller in China. I ended up losing about £60 because despite the account having been hacked Paypal wouldn't accept that the boots that turned up weren't genuine and I refused to pay more money to return them.