Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Drunken yobs, youths, even adults, etc

Search this Thread

Old 30 June 2012, 03:36 AM
LSherratt
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Drunken yobs, youths, even adults, etc

I'm just wondering if anyone has had any experience with drunken yobs/youths and even adults out late at night?

Basically, the behaviour of drunk youths/adults in my opinion is absoutely appauling. To cut the story short, I witnessed a fight late at night this evening while "out town" (I've seen many), and I was shocked to see how anyone can act in this way. I do not go clubbing too often and I am certainly not the type of person to start a fight what-so-ever, however the abuse taking place on the street is disgusting and it has resulted in my friend ending up with a swollen eyebrow due to being punched twice through no fault of his own. The police were quick to step in which is fair enough, but it disgusts me how people can act like this. It really sickens me and there is no need at all.

Anyone with similar experiences?
Old 30 June 2012, 05:30 AM
gpssti4
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by LSherratt
I'm just wondering if anyone has had any experience with drunken yobs/youths and even adults out late at night?

Basically, the behaviour of drunk youths/adults in my opinion is absoutely appauling. To cut the story short, I witnessed a fight late at night this evening while "out town" (I've seen many), and I was shocked to see how anyone can act in this way. I do not go clubbing too often and I am certainly not the type of person to start a fight what-so-ever, however the abuse taking place on the street is disgusting and it has resulted in my friend ending up with a swollen eyebrow due to being punched twice through no fault of his own. The police were quick to step in which is fair enough, but it disgusts me how people can act like this. It really sickens me and there is no need at all.

Yes, I've seen it plenty of times. More so with the youngsters - teens/early twentys. Unfortunately, they have something to prove if they are in large groups, or if they're with girls. It's not often that two men will start a fight with others. Sad state of affairs really and a sign of the times.
Old 30 June 2012, 07:11 AM
marcevs72
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

try living in plymouth...union street has been known for this sort of stuff for years.have done a bit of door work and some of the stuff i have seen is disgusting.i was brought up if you have a problem with someone you give them a slap and then have a beer not get 2 of your mates to kick them on the floor etc and use bottles/glasses.
Old 30 June 2012, 07:19 AM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

I was brought up if you have an issue with someone you discuss it like adults, not smack first ask later Although being on here makes all blokes 7ft tall cage fighters

On topic: seen plenty of scraps in the town centre when I've been out or DJ'ing in Scunny. Usually Turks V Poles or Iraqi's race issues, two orange tanned scousebrows disagreeing over who bought the last round of WKD's or some blokes in skinny chino's trying to be macho... not to be stereotypical obviously.

I tell you what though, when I've been 'proper' clubbing to Leeds for trance events, you never see fights. Seriously, people are there more so for the choons and not some slapper in a short skirt/boob tube. Plus there's still a lot of disco biscuits floating around so people are either loved up or gurning rather than throwing fists. I find the only weapon required when clubbing is a pack of Wrigleys
Old 30 June 2012, 07:26 AM
Ant
Scooby Regular

I've felt full force of drunken teenage chavs on a
Innocent drink in my mates local, your mate should be lucky with just a swollen face.

Last edited by Ant; 30 June 2012 at 07:28 AM.
Old 30 June 2012, 08:09 AM
_Meridian_
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by marcevs72
try living in plymouth...union street has been known for this sort of stuff for years

England has been known for this for centuries. All that is new now is more ways to complain about it and more ways to find out about it happening elsewhere. In his book on the English, Jeremy Paxman quotes a French visitor ranting about the English drinking too much and fighting. It was written in about 1320. As has been known for several decades, it's a culture thing: the English fight after drinking because that's what they think they should do. Give them placebo drinks with no alcohol and they do exactly the same. When you can persuade the English that getting drunk and behaving like an idiot is not clever and does not make you a man, THEN you will have stopped the fighting.
Old 30 June 2012, 08:32 AM
DCI Gene Hunt
Scooby Senior

When I go out I now look for a bar/pub with comfy leather sofas that's not too rammed, but with some decent music playing in the background so in a nutshell I'd always avoid the places frequented by *****
Old 30 June 2012, 08:33 AM
JTaylor
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by marcevs72
try living in plymouth...union street has been known for this sort of stuff for years.have done a bit of door work and some of the stuff i have seen is disgusting.i was brought up if you have a problem with someone you give them a slap and then have a beer not get 2 of your mates to kick them on the floor etc and use bottles/glasses.
Geddon, buy...from fokin' Swilly an' 'at...
Old 30 June 2012, 09:34 AM
mart360
Scooby Regular

Or you get the other aspect!

the pawing, over bloody loving i love you your my best friend brigade!!!

One of the biggest reasons i hate going to partys lol, every fkin time 2 of rellys on my ex wifes side used to get pissed they go into i love you mode, and then spend all evening trying to hug you and get you to drink the sh*te theyve been necking all evening.

Then when you refuse, (des, or like me rarley drink,) they get all mopey or start to get stroppy....

If it was down to me...... drink related violence, should be a custodial!!

Mart
Old 30 June 2012, 10:07 AM
ScoobyWon't
Scooby Regular

The police were quick to step in.

Yes. I've been the officer having to do the stepping in. There was nothing like the feeling you get, running through the centre of Mansfield, aiming for the middle of a fight.

I don't envy those doing the job now, little back-up now the government are trying to slash numbers.
Old 30 June 2012, 10:09 AM
hodgy0_2
Scooby Regular

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Yep, a million miles away from my life, although those cambridge undergrads can get quite wild on a few bitter shandy's. But nothing much worse than an overturned car in the river cam

I did go to a stag week in Plymouth though, we stayed at the officers quarters of Crown Hill Fort, but went to union street most nights for a bit of action
Old 30 June 2012, 10:19 AM
GlesgaKiss
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by _Meridian_
England has been known for this for centuries. All that is new now is more ways to complain about it and more ways to find out about it happening elsewhere. In his book on the English, Jeremy Paxman quotes a French visitor ranting about the English drinking too much and fighting. It was written in about 1320. As has been known for several decades, it's a culture thing: the English fight after drinking because that's what they think they should do. Give them placebo drinks with no alcohol and they do exactly the same. When you can persuade the English that getting drunk and behaving like an idiot is not clever and does not make you a man, THEN you will have stopped the fighting.
That's probably about right.
Old 30 June 2012, 04:32 PM
Turbohot
Scooby Regular

Yes.

I had a few experiences in the Chester Races last night. The drunken adults were not totally anti-social but some of the drunken ones broke some boundaries in a verbal way that they wouldn't do in a sober state. I had a glass of wine myself, but I wouldn't talk that much sh!te even after getting very drunk. I'd be paralysed instead, and would want my bed. Anyway, drink does bring out some sublime stuff out of people, so I now know who's what among the lot now.

In terms of totally anti-social mobs of the yobs stuff (physically and verbally), I haven't seen that many things myself, but some of my family members have been caught in them. For example, my son went out with his mates like everyone else does. He was attacked by a gang of youths for doing **** all. He got out of the pub with his mates, and him and his mates got a kicking with some unknown drunks. My son got the worst beating because his mates ran away, and he got grabed by the yobs. It was his mates who banged on people's windows to scream for help, and someone ended up ringing 999. If the police hadn't turned up in time, I don't know what could have happened, as the yobs had baseball bats in their hands. I came to know about this incident much later, as my son didn't want to worry me. On anther incident, his group of friends got attacked by another gang at another venue. He was not drinking (he drove everyone to the venue), sitting on the couch at the club, minding his own still water, and some yob from behind glassed him on his head. Again, I was the last person to know, as he didn't want to worry his mum. By the time I saw him, he had a big scar on his nose, an he was very sorry about his £120 white Fred Perry jumper that got ruined with the blood pouring down his head. How I feel about those events is beyond words. I am just glad that my son is okay.

It makes me so horrified that this so-called 'civilised' (???) British society is full of such rage and hatred, and all of this bitterness comes to the surface with alcohol. The ones who think that all other cultures are primitive and backward need to do a mindful introspection of their own culture. Civilised, my @rse!

Strong comments there^ but frankly my dear, I don't give a damn.

Last edited by Turbohot; 30 June 2012 at 05:35 PM.
Old 30 June 2012, 04:38 PM
addi monster
Scooby Regular

Man up and kick some asse you faggotts,,,,,

On a serious note though this is starting to become a regular thing, i was in my local about 5 months ago when some chap tried to show me the thick end of a pool cue to which i took it off him and he learnt the hard way, sad though how we cant seem to go out anymore without watching our backs,.
Old 30 June 2012, 04:45 PM
Turbohot
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by _Meridian_

Thank you, Meridian. This is very useful.
Old 30 June 2012, 05:42 PM
LSherratt
Scooby Regular

Very well said. I am really getting fed up with the roughness of people after alcohol. I don't mind people drinking and having a good time, but when they feel the need to assult other humans, I class them as *****.
Old 30 June 2012, 05:42 PM
Ant
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by ScoobyWon't
Yes. I've been the officer having to do the stepping in. There was nothing like the feeling you get, running through the centre of Mansfield, aiming for the middle of a fight.

I don't envy those doing the job now, little back-up now the government are trying to slash numbers.
When I've ever seen a fight in town it's always!!! Outside Riley's .

And they tend to be doing the windmill move
Old 30 June 2012, 05:52 PM
ScoobyWon't
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Ant
When I've ever seen a fight in town it's always!!! Outside Riley's .

And they tend to be doing the windmill move
Have they finally closed down Yates's?
Old 30 June 2012, 06:41 PM
Funkii Munkii
Pontificating

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Throw them down the well !

Which is stunning BTW
Old 30 June 2012, 06:54 PM
mrmadcap
Scooby Regular

It's the Brit disease, I'm sunning myself in old key west, Florida at the moment surrounded by all sorts of strange diverse folk. The nightlife is buzzing, but without the agressive binge drinking types that can't hold a drink. There's not even any police on the street because everyone of all ages are just having a good time.
There's deffinately something wrong with society in the uk.
Old 30 June 2012, 07:04 PM
oldsplice
Scooby Regular

Back in the olden days, when I used to have a social life, we didn't go out with the sole purpose of getting absolutely paralytic. We went out to have a good time. Obviously there were occasions where we'd end up feeling bad, but it was usually because of that last one that tips you over the edge, not because we guzzled so much we needed to be hospitalised. It's greed.
Old 30 June 2012, 07:10 PM
Turbohot
Scooby Regular

I have just re-called some incidents involving drunken yobs. I used to live in London next door to a so-called trendy pub in 'posh' Islington. There was a fight every weekend (Fri, Sat and Sun night) and the ambulances came sirening down to the pub to take away someone injured in a fight. That was in the early 90's. If that was posh according to the British, than what is really run down, I wondered? We were glad to see the back of that company given accommodation next to the pub in a sh!thole, and were thrilled upon our move to the quiet North Wales with our little kids.

Once on our flight to India in early 90's, we shared a plane with some British adults on a cycling trip to India. My God, the havoc those people created on the plane was unreal! They got very, very drunk on the plane. They were sh@gging one another in the toilets, and were sick all over. My ex-husband put his foot down to get us moved away from those idiots, as they were getting roudier and roudier around us. My little girl was only 5 months old, and my boy was about 4, then. If it weren't Stephen's (my ex-husband) assertive attitude with the BA air hostess, I would have been horrified with that manic bunch with my two nippers on the plane. D!ckheads.

A British friend of mine has two boys from her late Caribbean husband. Her older son (now 27; 21 at the time of the incident) looks like Vin Diesel, and gets a lot of attention from females. Anyway, one night after clubbing, he got heeled by a drunken British woman who wanted to spend a night with him. He didn't respond to her advances inside the club, so after the night ended, she came charging towards him with her stilletto and hit him on his head, chanting racist names. The police were around, and watched it all, but refused to intervene on the spectators' demand. They said that the victim needed to complain himself with his bleeding wound on his head. The victim was too shocked to do anything, so nothing ever was done.

All very civilised indeed.
Old 30 June 2012, 07:14 PM
jef
Scooby Regular

from timid, shy, unconfident individual to instant hard as fck gangster - just add alcohol lol.

seems the combo of booze and the attitude of many results in our joyous citycentre nightlife. its weird really as many other nations consume copious amounts with seemingly smaller incidents of alcohol induced violence
Old 30 June 2012, 07:27 PM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

Very well said. I am really getting fed up with the roughness of people after alcohol. I don't mind people drinking and having a good time, but when they feel the need to assault other humans, I class them as *****.
+1
Old 30 June 2012, 08:36 PM
DYK
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by oldsplice
Back in the olden days, when I used to have a social life, we didn't go out with the sole purpose of getting absolutely paralytic. We went out to have a good time. Obviously there were occasions where we'd end up feeling bad, but it was usually because of that last one that tips you over the edge, not because we guzzled so much we needed to be hospitalised. It's greed.

Totally agree with you Splicer,but kids today get p!ssed on this watered down stuff and just want to fight/act stupid..Been in quite a few scraps in my teenage years,i just got fed up of going into town and stopped going out for a while.The last fight back then was when my mate was chatting to this girl in a club,and some other bloke who had been trying to get with her took offence,when we got outside it turned into a punch up,anyhow the next morning back at my house,my mate still had the ring imprint from where this guy punched him in the side of the head..it was deffo a sovereign ring the guy was wearing..

BTW maybe i could re kindle your social life
Old 30 June 2012, 08:54 PM
oldsplice
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by DYK
Totally agree with you Splicer,but kids today get p!ssed on this watered down stuff and just want to fight/act stupid..Been in quite a few scraps in my teenage years,i just got fed up of going into town and stopped going out for a while.The last fight back then was when my mate was chatting to this girl in a club,and some other bloke who had been trying to get with her took offence,when we got outside it turned into a punch up,anyhow the next morning back at my house,my mate still had the ring imprint from where this guy punched him in the side of the head..it was deffo a sovereign ring the guy was wearing..

BTW maybe i could re kindle your social life

Only if you can afford the fainest waines know to humanity........
Old 30 June 2012, 08:57 PM
Scooby Soon!
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by addi monster
Man up and kick some asse you faggotts,,,,,

On a serious note though this is starting to become a regular thing, i was in my local about 5 months ago when some chap tried to show me the thick end of a pool cue to which i took it off him and he learnt the hard way, sad though how we cant seem to go out anymore without watching our backs,.
Old 30 June 2012, 09:01 PM
DYK
Scooby Regular

I'd of kept held of the thick end of the pool cue...
Old 30 June 2012, 09:19 PM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

I genuinely at that. I even said it in a posh voice in my head
Old 30 June 2012, 09:27 PM
DYK
Scooby Regular

Eh

Quick Reply: Drunken yobs, youths, even adults, etc