Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Cambridge diet

Search this Thread

Old 27 June 2012, 06:52 PM
Littleted
Scooby Regular

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Cambridge diet

Ive just started this yesterday, aim is to lose a stone and half in 3 weeks first 3 days are a bast, im on day 2 and im busting for a sausage sarni

Anyway i,ll keep you updated as i weigh in, im 5 11 and 14 st12lb bmi 29

Target 13 or less,

Last edited by Littleted; 02 July 2012 at 04:17 PM.
Old 27 June 2012, 07:13 PM
tony de wonderful
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The only way you'll loose a pound a day is to not eat and run 10 miles everyday. Good luck with that.

You should be aiming to lose 3 or 4 lbs over 3 weeks.
Old 27 June 2012, 07:14 PM
DEATHLYREAPER
Scooby Regular

you will lose that on the Cambridge diet as long as you stick to that, as soon as you cheat you will put in more than you lose
Old 27 June 2012, 07:22 PM
ScoobyWon't
Scooby Regular

Good luck. Just read the website, it looks much like the LighterLife and Protikee diets.
Old 27 June 2012, 07:34 PM
Don Clark
Scooby Regular

Received 746 Likes on 619 Posts

Originally Posted by Littleted
Ive just started this yesterday, aim is to loose a stone and half in 3 weeks first 3 days are a bast, im on day 2 and im busting for a sausage sarni

Target 13 or less,

Are the Recaro's getting a bit snug then
Old 27 June 2012, 07:43 PM
Littleted
Scooby Regular

Hehe don, there fine, i just wanna be a stone or more lighter and the cambridge should do it in my 3 weeks, yes its same as lighter life

I agree on the running, my wifes a fel runner, but im a lazy bast who works 13 hr days i cant find time at the moment. Excuses i know.

I have a weighin next week if ive lost a good lump i may sack it off as i wanna eat stuff,
Old 27 June 2012, 07:49 PM
ScoobyWon't
Scooby Regular

How much is it costing each week?
Old 27 June 2012, 10:28 PM
Littleted
Scooby Regular

8 quid a day.
Sounds a lot but take into mind you wont eat anything, i was blowing 5 quid a day on sarnis and the odd pizza on a night plus supermarker food yogurts etc, so it actually saves u cash

Its hard though im sat typing this chuffin starving should get easier soon as the first 3 days are a ******* till your body enters ketosis, basically starts using your fat reserves, its normal for the forst week to lose 9lbs then it steadys out to 4 to 6 a weekim gonna do it for 2 weeks then im off on holiday to eat kebabs for 2 weeks lol

Last edited by Littleted; 02 July 2012 at 04:17 PM.
Old 27 June 2012, 10:45 PM
ScoobyWon't
Scooby Regular

I managed Lighterlife and Protikee for 8 weeks. It's the liquid bowel movements I didn't like. Constantly thought I would **** myself!

I found keeping plenty of asprin and ibuprofen helped calm headaches, while a new video game would distract from food. Crap telly nights were the killers. I'd rather spend the night in the pub drinking water than watching the television. A much better distraction.
Old 27 June 2012, 10:49 PM
tony de wonderful
Scooby Regular

8 quid a day.
Sounds a lot but take into mind you wont eat anything, i was blowing 5 quid a day on sarnis and the odd pizza on a night plus supermarker food yogurts etc, so it actually saves u cash

Its hard though im sat typing this chuffin starving should get easier soon as the first 3 days are a ******* till your body enters ketosis, basically starts using your fat reserves, its normal for the forst week to loose 9lbs then it steadys out to 4 to 6 a weekim gonna do it for 2 weeks then im off on holiday to eat kebabs for 2 weeks lol
You're not going to lose 9lbs in a week. You need to lower your expectations.

1lbs of fat is 3500 kcal. Most people don't even burn that in a day.
Old 27 June 2012, 10:51 PM
tony de wonderful
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by ScoobyWon't
I managed Lighterlife and Protikee for 8 weeks. It's the liquid bowel movements I didn't like. Constantly thought I would **** myself!

I found keeping plenty of asprin and ibuprofen helped calm headaches, while a new video game would distract from food. Crap telly nights were the killers. I'd rather spend the night in the pub drinking water than watching the television. A much better distraction.
How much did that lose? Stone?
Old 27 June 2012, 11:12 PM
jef
Scooby Regular

if you want to do this just go into a ketosis diet no need to by "cambridge" products, although ultimately this is not a susatainable avenue.

loosing weight through eliminating carbs is hardly a new idea, a fad diet for scale happy dieters yes.
as soon as start a normal diet is resumed expect the weight to come back on.

for a quick water weight loss his is effective, to spend enough time in ketosis to result in significant fat loss expect some side effects
Old 28 June 2012, 12:21 PM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

Hope that diet is not dangerous as they say the Atkins one is.

Les
Old 28 June 2012, 12:25 PM
fivetide
Scooby Regular

I'd rather be fat and fart with confidence!

Got to be better ways to LOSE weight.

5t.
Old 28 June 2012, 12:46 PM
Maz
Scooby Senior

Ive just started this yesterday, aim is to loose a stone and half in 3 weeks first 3 days are a bast, im on day 2 and im busting for a sausage sarni

Target 13 or less,
I keep banging on about this hopefull sooner or later someone will listen.

Forget fad diets and plans they're just a clever marketing ploy using emotive methods to make you part with your cash. Eat less do a little more, simple really. It's not easy infact it's bloody hard depriving yourself of foods that you enjoy. It needs to be a way of life from hereon in. As already stated you should aim to lose a pound or so a week. That's a safe, healthy and manageable loss. Forget this stone a week bollox, that's unhealthy and can be dangerous. Yoyoing up and down in weight is not a good idea either. After you reach your desired weight loss are you planning on pigging out? You'll put on what you lost and more.
Old 29 June 2012, 08:50 AM
Luan Pra bang
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by jef
if you want to do this just go into a ketosis diet no need to by "cambridge" products, although ultimately this is not a susatainable avenue.

loosing weight through eliminating carbs is hardly a new idea, a fad diet for scale happy dieters yes.
as soon as start a normal diet is resumed expect the weight to come back on.

for a quick water weight loss his is effective, to spend enough time in ketosis to result in significant fat loss expect some side effects
Not sure I agree with this, for me a keto diet is one of the only ways to lose fat mass. The first week is largely meaningless as its water and glycogen, hence I lost 3.5 kilos in 5 days, after that you are metabolising fats and if you do not force your body to metabolise fats how can you loose weight ? In my experience on a non keto diet muscle always goes first I have tried to cut before on a normal diet with a 500 cal a day defecit and 80 percent of the weight lost was muscle. If you want to loose any significant amount of weight then you will have to suffer feeling like **** for a while what ever you do as a defecit is a defecit and your bodywill not use fat unless it has to.
Old 29 June 2012, 09:01 AM
Littleted
Scooby Regular

The first week you lose between 5 and 9 pounds fact, as luan said its always great in the first week the loss then it levels out.
Im with you on the excercise my wifes not only a fel runner but did work for england athletics, so if anybody knows she had an idea. As im doing 13 hr days at work and by the time ive put the kids to bed its around 9pm i really cannot nor do not wanna train.

Im testing this cambridge diet out, i,ll be honest tomorrow i,ll probably sace it off, and eat better, its made me relise the value of food and not to snack as much.

Plenty of diets or healthy eating out there, just gotta search. So far ive been on keetosis 1 day and lost 2 pounds with my weighin being on monday, i probably wont go to the weighin and eat normally, as ive got meetings in london and go on holiday in 2 weeks so it was never gonna be a long term thing..

As always excercise and eat right is the way, but if you ever troll the forums, youll see some women are like 81 bmi and have lost 150lbs on this diet, so it does work but its a right bast, i cant go wothout crunching something shakes suck ***. Close friend had lost 3 stone in 1 month his wife 2 they are also coming off it soon as they too are coming on holiday with me,

Any of you got any good doet books sites with meals on that you have used ?

Last edited by Littleted; 02 July 2012 at 04:18 PM.
Old 29 June 2012, 09:35 AM
ScoobyWon't
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by fivetide
I'd rather be fat and fart with confidence!

5t.
Thankfully there were no accidents

Originally Posted by tony de wonderful
How much did that lose? Stone?
About 2.5 stone in 8 weeks. Though I was cycling around 50 miles per week too.
Old 29 June 2012, 10:17 AM
tony de wonderful
Scooby Regular

The first week you loose between 5 and 9 pounds fact,
I'll bet no more than 2 or 3 pounds of that is body fat max.

Some will be water, some will be all the food/**** in your intestines, some will be glycogen.
Old 29 June 2012, 10:28 AM
tony de wonderful
Scooby Regular

About 2.5 stone in 8 weeks. Though I was cycling around 50 miles per week too.
That's like almost a 2,200 kcal deficit per day. I have to say I am doubtful.
Old 29 June 2012, 10:49 AM
ScoobyWon't
Scooby Regular

4 x 135Kcal meal replacements per day.
Old 29 June 2012, 11:09 AM
tony de wonderful
Scooby Regular

4 x 135Kcal meal replacements per day.
You must have felt dreadful?

How did you feel after 8 weeks?
Old 29 June 2012, 11:20 AM
Littleted
Scooby Regular

the first 4 days are hard, but at present i feel fine. im in Keetosis, so dont feel the need to eat, im intriducing Chicken and salad today and will come off Monday, when i get the excercise Bike and training plan from Wife.

Its kickstarted me to move my ***, and made me see the value of being able to eat a sausage sarni, but knowing when not to
Old 29 June 2012, 11:21 AM
ScoobyWon't
Scooby Regular

Bit of a headache for the first couple of days, but once my body had switched over to running off body fat, my quality of sleep really improved.

The only time I felt a bit dizzy was when I cycled Nottingham to Newark and back, around 50 miles, in one day.

The main thing that got to me was how people reacted when they first saw me after such an amount of weight loss. Some didn't even recognise me at first.

I've actually considered doing it again, as I need to be able to swim faster to keep up with my dog, and losing a bit may help.
Old 29 June 2012, 04:52 PM
tony de wonderful
Scooby Regular

I've actually considered doing it again, as I need to be able to swim faster to keep up with my dog, and losing a bit may help.
Did the weight come back after? I'm thinking hitting it that hard puts the body into starvation mode and you want to eat loads for months after?
Old 29 June 2012, 05:40 PM
ScoobyWon't
Scooby Regular

I slowly gained weight after, nowhere near as fast as I lost it, but remained under the weight I started at.

I only tend to eat one meal a day if I can get away with it. My downfall is actually real ales and lager.
Old 01 July 2012, 10:18 PM
Luan Pra bang
Scooby Regular

I think its accepted that the losses from the first few days come back with the carbs in the first few days.
Old 01 July 2012, 11:39 PM
jjones
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

losing weight is easy and doesn't need to cost £8 a day. listen carefully and i will tell the secret.

EAT LESS ****ING CALORIES THAN YOU USE.

simple as that, stop shoving crap into your cakehole.
Old 02 July 2012, 02:27 AM
GazTheHat
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by jjones
losing weight is easy and doesn't need to cost £8 a day. listen carefully and i will tell the secret.

I can't believe you're not a rocket scientist.
Old 02 July 2012, 09:04 AM
Littleted
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by jjones

How right you are, but unfortunately for most on Cambridge the psycological message shakes gives them make them not just eat. Plus have you ever tried counting ya Cals, its amazing how much you climb to by just eating normal stuff

crunchynut on a morning nearly 400 cals Apple 90, Full Breakfast in a flatcake 3000 :P

The norma is netween 3 n 6 a week, once your bodies settled, IE when its got rid of att ya crap poo water etc.

Ive now stopped as above, as im in London all week at important meetings noway am i gonna drink shakes, and then after im on Holiday. Ive lost a total of 7 Lbs, which is encouraging, im also doing some excercise and cal counting. see how long it lasts.

Ive come to the opinion that the shakes rock, and the porridge and soup is ****.

Quick Reply: Cambridge diet