Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

OAP Road Rage! Makes you mad old people have cheap insurance!

Search this Thread

Old 07 May 2002, 08:16 PM
Omen
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry

Had a close call yesterday but funny now i look back on it.

I was reversing in pub car park, then stopped and was just about to start moving forward when this old codger came bouncing (i mean bouncing!) into the car park completely out of control in his blue Meastro. Missed me by about 4 inches then had the gaul to rod me as he bounced past me making out it was my fault! I couldnt believe it!

This guy was pushing 70 and must have got his license when there wasn't a test (dont quote me on dates! ;-)). He drove over to the corner and so I pulled next to him to query just how he came to the conclusion I had cut him up or summat! (not nastily!) And this is the funny bit. He seemed to just lose and and he scrambled to jump out of the car, walking sticks flying everywhere! He also seemed to have had a couple! He got out of the car and was just about to start giving me a list of expetives when his Maestro started rolling towards the pub. The old dear had forgot to put the handbrake on OR leave it in gear.

Anyway he dives back into the car and was trying frantically to stop it. I thought he had managed it at one point but off it set again! :-) Anyway he stopped it about an inch from the pub wall. I was pissing myself. Then he got out of the car and I asked if he was fit to be driving a car. In his embarassment he muttered "ermm, alright mate!" and tottered off into the pub.

Can laugh now because nothing came of it but it makes you wonder if some people are fit to be on the roads. A lot, and I dont mean all, but a lot are a danger to themselves and others! But yet they get insureance at a quarter of the price. Mystifies me!

Old 07 May 2002, 08:38 PM
boomer
Scooby Senior

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry

You should have immediately reported him to the Police - if he had already possibly had a couple, was now entering a pub, and was plainly incapable of driving (or even stopping) - his is a danger to himself and other road users!!!

mb