Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Tonight I am mostly...

Search this Thread

Old 03 June 2012, 10:39 PM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tonight I am mostly...

...muthah f*****g raving in Leeds. It doesn't happen very often since we had our son but by god is Andy making up for it tonight...

To those in the know JUST LOOK at that line up

Anyone got any salmon? Laaaavely

Last edited by Lisawrx; 04 June 2012 at 07:22 PM. Reason: bypassing swear filter
Old 03 June 2012, 10:46 PM
davyboy
Scooby Regular

Forget the line up, look at the times!
Old 03 June 2012, 10:57 PM
Spoon
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by davyboy
Forget the line up, look at the times!
Waste of money for me. I'd just scrape by listening to all of Will Holland's set.
Old 03 June 2012, 11:11 PM
Dingdongler
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Enjoy!
Old 03 June 2012, 11:41 PM
subaruturbo_18
Scooby Regular

Why does ferry corsten have a few slots of 15 minutes b2b? Is he basically covering so they can go for a ****?
Old 03 June 2012, 11:55 PM
zip106
Scooby Regular

Never heard of them!
Old 04 June 2012, 12:27 AM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

Whoo hoo the trance following on Scoobynet is strong... For the over 40's
Old 04 June 2012, 03:32 AM
GC8
Scooby Regular

Word to the mummyf*cker.
Old 04 June 2012, 03:39 AM
GC8
Scooby Regular

I remember when it was Tom Toms...
Old 04 June 2012, 04:05 AM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

Still going albeit with aching ankles

Aly & Fila boshing some 140bpm for me to throw shapes to
Old 04 June 2012, 05:14 AM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

Bwahahahaha

I'm gonna feel this later
Old 04 June 2012, 10:25 AM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

Oh god I feel rough

But what a jolly good evening
Old 04 June 2012, 10:29 AM
Lee247
SN Fairy Godmother

Looks like a late night and how the hell are you up, I would have still been in my pit
Old 04 June 2012, 01:16 PM
Chip
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by zip106
Never heard of them!
Nor me , any of them.
Old 04 June 2012, 01:17 PM
Chip
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Lee247
Looks like a late night and how the hell are you up, I would have still been in my pit
Cos he's about 20+ years younger than you
Old 04 June 2012, 01:46 PM
gpssti4
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Going by the lack of replies from Andy, I guess it must have been a good night lol
Old 04 June 2012, 01:47 PM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

It was a dedicated Trance event with some of the worlds big players DJ'ing. But as Trance is a sub-genre of the overall mahoosive EDM scene, I'd hazard those that aren't familiar with the scene would know many/any names Just the same with me and rock music etc, unless there has been a mainstream crossover - like Paul Oakenfold for example who's done commercial work and film scores etc.

Feeling a little tender at the minute but my little boys face when we came through the door realising we hadn't abandoned him with his nanna forever - was priceless
Old 04 June 2012, 02:12 PM
Turbohot
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Chip
Cos he's about 20+ years younger than you
This does have a truth in it, Chip. I went to pick up my girl from a party lately. It was the next afternoon, and they all had partied hard in the night till early hours of the morning. My girl's BF's older brother (23) came to the door to let me in. He was falling all over, and was coughing his lungs out. I asked him with concern, "Are you all right?". He answered, "Ye..<cough, cough>...uhh." Then when he was stumbling his disoriented self back up the stairs, I asked him, "Did you guys have a good time last night ?". He said to me with his thumb up, "Oh, aye! < long, loud cough as if he was going to puke> Smashing! <cough, cough> ".

On my way back with my daughter and her BF i my car (They weren't as wrecked, considering) I showed my amazement to that lad's state, and said, "How come he can say that he had a smashing time when the half-head was falling all over the shop?" . My kid said "Mummy, its normal to feel dead rough in the morning. In fact, its a great buzz!" Weirdos.
When we were their age, I don't remember being legless ever TBH. How come a party can be so 'smashing' when I can't remember the half of it FFS and look so smashed up???

I have to say that it take me two days to recover from my adult parties now. It used to be half a day only when I was younger.
Old 04 June 2012, 02:42 PM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

Cool

For me it's the energy expelled and not the drink. Last night started at 5.30-12 midnight for the pre-party and the main event was 9-6.30am. I'm not a drug taker so rely on a few beers and then water/energy drink. So lots of caffeine come down so to speak. I don't do it that often do its something I can put up with easily enough

It's when you get these ******** women in their late teens/early 20's (you know the type, stupid Roy Orbison glasses, orange tan, ask for the same 3 tracks in every bar - Scunthorpes full of the oiks) blatantly saying "yeah we just go out every weekend and drink vodka till it makes us puke" As in they deliberately look to drink to much in order to regurgitate like its some form of disorder or fun 'activity'. A proper clubber has a much different attitude as its about the music and lasting the pace.
Old 04 June 2012, 03:08 PM
SiPie
Scooby Regular

Must have been a great night if you were posting on scoobynet whilst you were there ??

Old 04 June 2012, 03:23 PM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by SiPie
Must have been a great night if you were posting on scoobynet whilst you were there ??

I wondered how long it would take for someone to notice that.

I was just checking emails when sitting down for a few minutes a couple of times I needed little breaks in a 13 hour natural rave sesh Si
Old 04 June 2012, 03:49 PM
SiPie
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by chocolate_o_brian
I wondered how long it would take for someone to notice that.

I was just checking emails when sitting down for a few minutes a couple of times I needed little breaks in a 13 hour natural rave sesh Si
Old 04 June 2012, 03:49 PM
Turbohot
Scooby Regular

For me it's the energy expelled and not the drink. Last night started at 5.30-12 midnight for the pre-party and the main event was 9-6.30am. I'm not a drug taker so rely on a few beers and then water/energy drink. So lots of caffeine come down so to speak. I don't do it that often do its something I can put up with easily enough
I was like you. No drugs, not even beers or energy drinks but non-stop dancing for hours! But when one is younger, one can handle it better. As one grows older, the pain feeling-rough threshold starts to diminish.

It's when you get these ******** women in their late teens/early 20's (you know the type, stupid Roy Orbison glasses, orange tan, ask for the same 3 tracks in every bar - Scunthorpes full of the oiks) blatantly saying "yeah we just go out every weekend and drink vodka till it makes us puke" As in they deliberately look to drink to much in order to regurgitate like its some form of disorder or fun 'activity'.
If fact, a lot of youngsters, females as well as males drink hard every weekend or on ocasions. Not all of them are drug takers, as hard partying doen't always mean that drugs are on the menu. "Hard partying when young" itself is nothing new. Even 60's, 70's, 80's and 90's youngsters will confirm that all night wrecking existed all along; and never went out of fashion. Some got leggless with getting-p!ssed-to-**** phenomenon, while some chose not to. It all calms down after one enters more responsible phase of life with slower gut functions.

A proper clubber has a much different attitude as its about the music and lasting the pace.
Rave scenes have a reputation for recreational drug intake. However, I understand that exceptions are everywhere. I have been to underground techno clubs and stayed alcohol and drug free all night, whereas almost everyone else was openly passing stuff to one another. In terms of 'real clubbers', those techno clubs and some hard rock clubs were the ones where people didn't just come to pick one-night stands. Most attendees seemed to have real clubbers' cult mindset for the music. They just got either drugged/p!ssed/water-p!ssed like me, and headbanged/danced like maniacs. No one knew anyone but your own pals, but every stranger was sound with one another. That was a great buzz indeed! Legs were killing the next morning, which is natural. Its just that with age, legs start to kill more and for a few days, that's all.

Glad you enjoyed your night, Andy. Nothing wrong with aches and pains once in a blue moon. Do it while you can , as once you are older, your threshold will go down, and you will say, "Ah, memories!".
Old 04 June 2012, 05:02 PM
Lee247
SN Fairy Godmother

It was a dedicated Trance event with some of the worlds big players DJ'ing. But as Trance is a sub-genre of the overall mahoosive EDM scene, I'd hazard those that aren't familiar with the scene would know many/any names Just the same with me and rock music etc, unless there has been a mainstream crossover - like Paul Oakenfold for example who's done commercial work and film scores etc.

Feeling a little tender at the minute but my little boys face when we came through the door realising we hadn't abandoned him with his nanna forever - was priceless
Awwww, bless him
My lad, 21years old, was out on Saturday night. Did not get home until about 5 am. He did not surface until about 2pm Sunday. Seems he had a great night, judging by some of the pics he showed me