Search this Thread

Old 11 March 2012, 01:31 PM
richie001
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default US Soldier 'Kills 16' Afghans In Their Homes

http://news.sky.com/home/world-news/article/16186397

Reports are says 9 were children.

Things are bad enough fighting the Taliban but after the burning of the Koran and US Soldiers peeing on dead bodies this will swell the Talibans ranks.

Last edited by richie001; 11 March 2012 at 01:35 PM.
Old 11 March 2012, 01:53 PM
f1_fan
Scooby Regular

Yep it's going well out there isn't it, Mr. Cameron said so last week so it must be
Old 11 March 2012, 02:00 PM
tony de wonderful
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by richie001
http://news.sky.com/home/world-news/article/16186397

Reports are says 9 were children.

Things are bad enough fighting the Taliban but after the burning of the Koran and US Soldiers peeing on dead bodies this will swell the Talibans ranks.
You really think the Koran burning outrage was about some old books?

What this US soldier does is a real act of outrage, the other ones you mention are kind of 'pseudo-events'. The just provide an excuse for anger or aggression or politics which is already there to surface.

Anyway this solider did this as a criminal and looks like he went mad or something.
Old 11 March 2012, 03:46 PM
cster
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by tony de wonderful

Anyway this solider did this as a criminal and looks like he went mad or something.
Maybe he got religion
Old 11 March 2012, 08:04 PM
Shaid
Scooby Regular

The soldier who did this is scum, nothing can excuse his actions. Maybe the yoo-ess needs to look at the way it trains it's soldiers so that they don't go round killing babies and rape-ing women (or even men but no evidence of men, yet!) and basically acting rambo with a bunch of civis!

Let's just hope that the end result of this does not damage any of the relations/trust gained by the the Brits.
Old 12 March 2012, 10:26 AM
EddScott
Scooby Regular

Received 64 Likes on 32 Posts

Hardly going hearts and minds that one.

Probably about time to pull out and leave them to it.
Old 12 March 2012, 11:20 AM
Maz
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by EddScott
Hardly going hearts and minds that one.

Probably about time to pull out and leave them to it.
Yep, placing our soldiers in more danger than already present. I think we've sacrificed enough young men as collateral damage, time to bring them home.
Old 12 March 2012, 11:48 AM
marcevs72
Scooby Regular

only a matter of time before something like this happened. as we say "all the gear,no idea" thanks yank for putting our lads even more in the firing line.
Old 12 March 2012, 12:23 PM
GlesgaKiss
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

At least almost everyone over here has sympathy for the victims involved and recognises that what the guy did was criminal.

Wonder what the reaction would be in, say, Pakistan if it was the other way round. Street party?

But then that's different as they're the poor victims of nasty western imperialism.
Old 12 March 2012, 01:00 PM
tony de wonderful
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Shaid
The soldier who did this is scum, nothing can excuse his actions. Maybe the yoo-ess needs to look at the way it trains it's soldiers so that they don't go round killing babies and rape-ing women (or even men but no evidence of men, yet!) and basically acting rambo with a bunch of civis!

Let's just hope that the end result of this does not damage any of the relations/trust gained by the the Brits.
Blaming the US military for this is a bit like blaming the whole of the UK for Raul Moat.
Old 12 March 2012, 01:25 PM
Tidgy
Scooby Regular

Received 150 Likes on 115 Posts

some of the replies on here are very short sighted. pulling out now would just hand afganistan back to the taliban and put things back to square one, that would mean all our and afgani losses will have ment absolutley nothing.

At the minute, the afgan army, police and political system is so fragile that it wont survive on its own. It's gonna take decades to be in a position to do so.

The recent events are tragic, but that seems to be the going thing with americans, home and abroad, if your unhappy, go shoot people.

Lets put it into perspective, the Taliban have killed thousands of afganis civilians, yet they call the stand up and call the US butchers for one event. The taliban arn't about religion, there about having things there way, they just use religion as a tool.
Old 12 March 2012, 01:29 PM
Maz
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by GlesgaKiss
At least almost everyone over here has sympathy for the victims involved and recognises that what the guy did was criminal.

Wonder what the reaction would be in, say, Pakistan if it was the other way round. Street party?

But then that's different as they're the poor victims of nasty western imperialism.

Bit of a strange paralell

Unless it's a thinly veiled swipe/red herring.
Old 12 March 2012, 01:33 PM
Shaid
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by GlesgaKiss

Well in Syria the dictating party has done a lot more damage to civis' that muppet US soldier has done.

However, what this guy done breakdown or not deserves to be heavily punished. Preferably by the victims family.
Old 12 March 2012, 01:34 PM
Shaid
Scooby Regular

Blaming the US military for this is a bit like blaming the whole of the UK for Raul Moat.
No it's not. The way the US go about their business is a l
Old 12 March 2012, 01:48 PM
stilover
Scooby Regular

Guess we (Britain) will feel the backlash this summer during the Olympic games.

Glad I ain't got tickets.
Old 12 March 2012, 02:10 PM
tony de wonderful
Scooby Regular

Maybe he was protesting again 9/11?

I know that sound idiotic but the conventional narrative put some recent killings of US personnel by Afghans in the context of the 'Koran burning protest'.
Old 12 March 2012, 02:20 PM
Shaid
Scooby Regular

So does the British Muslims record speak for itself by that logic then.
One one hand you have trained alleged professionals killing civis and on the other hand you have a handful of nut jobs wanting to kill infodels.

One is an obvious savage the other is supposed to be the worlds self proclaimed shining beacon.

You tell me how many Brits have had a breakdown and gone on a killIng spree? None that i'm aware of.

I think your memory is forgetting what the 'rogue' yoo-ess marines done in Iraq.
Old 12 March 2012, 02:25 PM
Tidgy
Scooby Regular

One one hand you have trained alleged professionals killing civis and on the other hand you have a handful of nut jobs wanting to kill infodels.

One is an obvious savage the other is supposed to be the worlds self proclaimed shining beacon.

You tell me how many Brits have had a breakdown and gone on a killIng spree? None that i'm aware of.

I think your memory is forgetting what the 'rogue' yoo-ess marines done in Iraq.

nut jobs come from all walks of life, soldier or civilian, US, bristh, dutch etc etc thats the whole point, they arn't the majority, they are the minority.

Soldier doesn't equal bad, just the same as muslim doesn't equal bad.

that said i don't think a few rouge soldiers will ever do as much damage as the taliban have.
Old 12 March 2012, 02:26 PM
tony de wonderful
Scooby Regular

So you are content to apply a double moral standard?
Old 12 March 2012, 02:29 PM
Shaid
Scooby Regular

So you are content to apply a double moral standard?
No, I refuse to appease you.
Old 12 March 2012, 02:32 PM
Shaid
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Tidgy
nut jobs come from all walks of life, soldier or civilian, US, bristh, dutch etc etc thats the whole point, they arn't the majority, they are the minority.

Soldier doesn't equal bad, just the same as muslim doesn't equal bad.

that said i don't think a few rouge soldiers will ever do as much damage as the taliban have.
Very true, however there must be an underlying cause as to why it is the Americans who consistently are the ones to go loopy. Why not everyone else?

As for the Taliban being nutty, well that's to be expected.
Old 12 March 2012, 02:44 PM
markjmd
Scooby Regular

Received 70 Likes on 50 Posts

Very true, however there must be an underlying cause as to why it is the Americans who consistently are the ones to go loopy. Why not everyone else?
A completely baseless assertion, unless you state which other nations' soldiers you're referring to, fighting in which conflict(s), and actually offer some proof of the difference in their behaviour.
Old 12 March 2012, 02:50 PM
Tidgy
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by markjmd
A completely baseless assertion, unless you state which other nations' soldiers you're referring to, fighting in which conflict(s), and actually offer some proof of the difference in their behaviour.

Have to confess you do hear more about school shootings and shooting spree's in US than anywhere else (except know warzones and danger areas)
Old 12 March 2012, 03:02 PM
Puff The Magic Wagon!
Support Scoobynet!

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

Have to confess you do hear more about school shootings and shooting spree's in US than anywhere else (except know warzones and danger areas)

Recently there have been Norway - 73 I think? - Germany and Holland. Nut-jobs are all over the place, its just we're more likely to hear about it in the "Western" press.
Old 12 March 2012, 03:13 PM
Tidgy
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Puff The Magic Wagon!
Recently there have been Norway - 73 I think? - Germany and Holland. Nut-jobs are all over the place, its just we're more likely to hear about it in the "Western" press.
yeah, odd ones, but not in the double figures of incidents like US
Old 12 March 2012, 03:24 PM
Shaid
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by markjmd
Nope, a base with strong foundations.

Tell me how many other nations soldiers have done 'the mental' whilst serving in the current wars?

If you really want proof of the gung ho antics the guys over the pond use Google it.
Old 12 March 2012, 03:24 PM
Shaid
Scooby Regular

yeah, odd ones, but not in the double figures of incidents like US
The Norway one was double figures. He killed a lot of his own country children and blamed it on the fact he don't like muzzies
Old 12 March 2012, 03:35 PM
Tidgy
Scooby Regular

The Norway one was double figures. He killed a lot of his own country children and blamed it on the fact he don't like muzzies

no no, i mean number of incidents, not number killed
Old 12 March 2012, 03:48 PM
Shaid
Scooby Regular

no no, i mean number of incidents, not number killed
Oh... okay then.

It is wrong of me to damn the entire US army for the actions of a minority and me out of all people should be the last one to do so. I suppose it's when you see pictures of a childs corpse and a relative crying nearby it kind of does something to you (well me not you as in you... anyway).

Only today on the news i hear that in homs there as been executions of a load of ladies by the ruling dictator. A sad time indeed.

I just hope that the Afghans do not tar the British with the US brush. We wouldn't want any of our countrymen getting killed over this idiot.
Old 12 March 2012, 03:50 PM
Tidgy
Scooby Regular

Oh... okay then.

It is wrong of me to damn the entire US army for the actions of a minority and me out of all people should be the last one to do so. I suppose it's when you see pictures of a childs corpse and a relative crying nearby it kind of does something to you (well me not you as in you... anyway).

Only today on the news i hear that in homs there as been executions of a load of ladies by the ruling dictator. A sad time indeed.

I just hope that the Afghans do not tar the British with the US brush. We wouldn't want any of our countrymen getting killed over this idiot.

As said, doesn;t mater on creed, race or relgion theres sick ****s from all walks of life

Quick Reply: US Soldier 'Kills 16' Afghans In Their Homes