Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Not being one to complain.....

Search this Thread

Old 04 March 2012, 06:36 PM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts
Default Not being one to complain.....

WHY do drugs manufacturers put their capsules into packaging that you can't get them out of without an oxy-propane cutter?

If you try to squeeze them out, the capsule is crushed and half it's contents spilled before it gets in your mouth.

I have 14 a day to take, different types, so I fill up a pill dispenser on Sunday nights.

Some of them are ridiculous: not being content with having a layer of aluminium foil over the capsule, they have a layer of plastic film under that, making it almost impossible to open, even with a sharp thumbnail
Old 04 March 2012, 06:44 PM
Jimbob
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by alcazar

WHY do drugs manufacturers put their capsules into packaging that you can't get them out of without an oxy-propane cutter?

If you try to squeeze them out, the capsule is crushed and half it's contents spilled before it gets in your mouth.

I have 14 a day to take, different types, so I fill up a pill dispenser on Sunday nights.

Some of them are ridiculous: not being content with having a layer of aluminium foil over the capsule, they have a layer of plastic film under that, making it almost impossible to open, even with a sharp thumbnail
You can ask for them to be put into easy open containers, but they are supposed to be childproof, but that just means "hard to get into"
Old 04 March 2012, 06:51 PM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

Easy, craft knife. Come on Jeff.
Old 04 March 2012, 07:09 PM
Turbohot
Scooby Regular

I know what you mean, Alcazar. My kid recently got given some iron tabs. It wasn't the same problem packaging like yours but the bottle full of tabs was so difficult to open that I wish I were superman's relative to perform the task. I was cursing my new masacra only yesterday for its illogically secure packaging. No.1- the thing wouldn't come out of its plastic wrap without the help of scissors or a scalpol/craft knife, No. 2. The Scandal Eyes Volume Lash mascara isn't that ******* scandalising or dramatic nor is it volumising even when it has a brush like squirrell's tail. It didn't make much difference at all to my tiny eye lashes. And I'm not into the false ones.
Old 04 March 2012, 07:35 PM
Chip
Scooby Regular

I have the same problem and like you do my tabs on a Sunday night which takes ages as they are all in those stupid little packets. I dont take 14 a day though thank god.
Old 05 March 2012, 10:48 AM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Turbohot
I know what you mean, Alcazar. My kid recently got given some iron tabs. It wasn't the same problem packaging like yours but the bottle full of tabs was so difficult to open that I wish I were superman's relative to perform the task. I was cursing my new masacra only yesterday for its illogically secure packaging. No.1- the thing wouldn't come out of its plastic wrap without the help of scissors or a scalpol/craft knife, No. 2. The Scandal Eyes Volume Lash mascara isn't that ******* scandalising or dramatic nor is it volumising even when it has a brush like squirrell's tail. It didn't make much difference at all to my tiny eye lashes. And I'm not into the false ones.
You should ask your optician to put you on Lumigan.......my lashes are now luxuriant

Seriously, don't use it without a scrip, it's to change the pressure inside the eyeball.
Old 05 March 2012, 12:02 PM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

I have the same problem as you and is is a real performance to refill the weekly pill dispenser.

We have an elderly friend who is in the early stages of dementia and she has a hospital visitor every day. She has to take a pill every night but the visitor won't give it to her unless it has been taken out of the packaging first! If Mrs Leslie did not visit her every day to check on her, she would never get the pill given to her!

Les
Old 05 March 2012, 12:04 PM
Ant
Scooby Regular

Ive never struggled, must be a age thing
Old 05 March 2012, 12:14 PM
urban
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Ant
Ive never struggled, must be a age thing
Probably
Old 05 March 2012, 12:26 PM
powerwrx
Scooby Regular

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

to quote my dad

'how are old people suppose to get into this'

when opening some packets
Old 05 March 2012, 12:27 PM
Jimbob
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by powerwrx
to quote my dad

'how are old people suppose to get into this'

when opening some packets
They can ask for them to be put into an easy open pot, my father gets them like that and he has to take about 20 tablets a day.
Old 05 March 2012, 01:22 PM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

I may have to do this.
I wonder what the pharmacy would think of having to transfer 4704 pills from stupid foil wrapping into pots every month.........not much, I imagine.

And as I lose more and more use of my left hand, and the arthritis kicks in on my right thumb, it doesn't get any easier...........
Old 05 March 2012, 01:57 PM
Jimbob
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by alcazar
I may have to do this.
I wonder what the pharmacy would think of having to transfer 4704 pills from stupid foil wrapping into pots every month.........not much, I imagine.

And as I lose more and more use of my left hand, and the arthritis kicks in on my right thumb, it doesn't get any easier...........
They would just order them in bottles, then meter out how many needed.