Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

My mix

Search this Thread

Old 11 February 2012, 08:53 PM
Saint AAI
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My mix

OK, long time since I've been on my decks, but recently bought a new setup and gone digital. Still got my Technics, but not touched them for about a year and even then, only very briefly. Not really been into it for some years now. This is my first attempt with some digital decks, no practise. Not very good mixing, tracks are debatable and levels are all over. Anyway, listen if you want.

Right click and save as or it will play in your browser, depending on your browser.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/30773435/shane_11feb12.mp3

Edit: Good or bad feedback welcomed, as are tips for getting levels correct. Using a Behringer UCA222 for recording. Tried to get gain at 0dB.

Last edited by Saint AAI; 11 February 2012 at 08:56 PM.
Old 11 February 2012, 10:03 PM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

What digital set up are you using? Are we talking CDJs or a lappy?
Old 11 February 2012, 10:25 PM
Saint AAI
Scooby Regular

American Audio Radius2000's. Wanted something cheap, with good features. Wasn't bothered about CD's. This is an MP3 deck with MIDI capabilities. I'm happy with them for the price.

Edit: And my old Pioneer DJM600 that I use with my SL1210's
Old 11 February 2012, 11:28 PM
EH52WRX
Scooby Regular

Sounds sweet to me fella.
Old 11 February 2012, 11:44 PM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Saint AAI
American Audio Radius2000's. Wanted something cheap, with good features. Wasn't bothered about CD's. This is an MP3 deck with MIDI capabilities. I'm happy with them for the price.

Edit: And my old Pioneer DJM600 that I use with my SL1210's

What I was hoping.

You aren't using a lappy with some cheap *** Virtual DJ type program that basically DJs for you is what I meant

I could do with a Pioneer mixer to add to my CDJ1000s and Technocs 1210 set up

Reminds me that I should re-record my last couple of gigs from last week and November.

Choon of the mix is the Jose Amnesia choon with Jennifer Rene, 2006 iirc.
Old 11 February 2012, 11:51 PM
Dingdongler
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Saint AAI
OK, long time since I've been on my decks, but recently bought a new setup and gone digital. Still got my Technics, but not touched them for about a year and even then, only very briefly. Not really been into it for some years now. This is my first attempt with some digital decks, no practise. Not very good mixing, tracks are debatable and levels are all over. Anyway, listen if you want.

Right click and save as or it will play in your browser, depending on your browser.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/30773435/shane_11feb12.mp3

Edit: Good or bad feedback welcomed, as are tips for getting levels correct. Using a Behringer UCA222 for recording. Tried to get gain at 0dB.

No offence mate but I agree with you, it is rubbish.

Not aimed particularly at you Saint but everyday some scoobynet wanabee dj posts up some cack mix tune. Living in cloud cuckoo land imho
Old 12 February 2012, 12:00 AM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Dingdongler
No offence mate but I agree with you, it is rubbish.

Not aimed particularly at you Saint but everyday some scoobynet wanabee dj posts up some cack mix tune. Living in cloud cuckoo land imho
The second sentence makes no sense (shouldn't bite as I know your general opinion to anything not related to old hop hop/drum n barse).

I'm a dj and make mixes of other peoples choons. Chris makes choons so is a producer (who also DJs). That's the difference of I want to be pedantic.

The term "mix tune" sounds like something out of Kevin & Perry by someone not sure what he's on about Get with it Deep

And I'll keep posting my wannabe mixes so Ner.

Last edited by chocolate_o_brian; 12 February 2012 at 12:02 AM.

Trending Topics

Old 12 February 2012, 06:49 AM
Dingdongler
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by chocolate_o_brian
The second sentence makes no sense (shouldn't bite as I know your general opinion to anything not related to old hop hop/drum n barse).

I'm a dj and make mixes of other peoples choons. Chris makes choons so is a producer (who also DJs). That's the difference of I want to be pedantic.

The term "mix tune" sounds like something out of Kevin & Perry by someone not sure what he's on about Get with it Deep

And I'll keep posting my wannabe mixes so Ner.

Thanks for correcting my terminology COB. I was well lubricated last night and am surprised I even managed to type that out (have a hangover now!)

I think you know what I mean though, a case of everybody wants to be a DJ?

And I get the difference between mixing and producing son. I was a teenager playing around with decks in my bedroom when you were probably a twinkle in your dad's eye

I'm being serious now and don't mean to offend anybody but most of the stuff I hear posted on here is really quite poor. The mixing skills aren't particularly inspiring and the tunes actually produced are even worse.

The only decent tune I've heard that's been produced by somebody on here is Special X iirc.

Anyway, I will try my best not to offend anybody but as is every members right to post their mixes/tunes on here I'll exercise my right to tell them what I think of it

Last edited by Dingdongler; 12 February 2012 at 06:52 AM.
Old 12 February 2012, 10:50 AM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

Thanks for correcting my terminology COB. I was well lubricated last night and am surprised I even managed to type that out (have a hangover now!)

I think you know what I mean though, a case of everybody wants to be a DJ?

And I get the difference between mixing and producing son. I was a teenager playing around with decks in my bedroom when you were probably a twinkle in your dad's eye

I'm being serious now and don't mean to offend anybody but most of the stuff I hear posted on here is really quite poor. The mixing skills aren't particularly inspiring and the tunes actually produced are even worse.

The only decent tune I've heard that's been produced by somebody on here is Special X iirc.

Anyway, I will try my best not to offend anybody but as is every members right to post their mixes/tunes on here I'll exercise my right to tell them what I think of it

I think a lot of it is do to with the fact Special X makes music of your ilk, your preferred genre etc. I don't like it but would appreciate (from a trained ear point of view) it for the work involved. The same goes for mixing IMO. With genres such as Hiphop or drum n bass the style, the etiquette of mixing is different, which is not to say its easier or harder. Turntableism is more prevalent in yhose genres as you'll know with chopping, scratching and drop mixing the order of play. But with trance for me and above with the progressive elements, seamless mixing with beats matched and keys on tap is more the required style. I'm fortunate in that in my chosen field (you know that gay euro dance stuff ), I'm a decent dj and have played out. Only one step up from bedroom dj status obviously as its not my full time occupation but I'm at the standard where I can listen to people's opinions and take the constructive stuff from them... Lets be fair, we've had a couple run ins regards music etc. but as far as I'm concerned (with all due respect) its just an opinion off a gentleman I've never met on a car forum so wouldn't sit with me as much as say a club promoter or event organiser.

I will try get some more recent stuff up as there are a few on here who like my mixes for what they are. Infact I remember in 2009 posting a thread about a trance track called 'Punjabi Child' which a nice man was interested in

As for my dad, well I'd best go find that test tube

Last edited by chocolate_o_brian; 12 February 2012 at 09:06 PM. Reason: iPhone auto correct, can't be bothered !
Old 12 February 2012, 07:59 PM
Dingdongler
Scooby Regular

Very fair comments COB. And yes my opinion means nothing to you or others, we are all just random blokes on the internet as you say.

But if people ask for opinions no reason why I can't give mine is there? Though I am not a dj/producer etc ( but believe it or not was briefly but quite successfully a promoter in the 90s before studies got in the way) I have been into underground dance music for 30 odd years.

Anyway, I love bantering with you!

Last edited by Dingdongler; 12 February 2012 at 08:00 PM.
Old 12 February 2012, 09:08 PM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

Very fair comments COB. And yes my opinion means nothing to you or others, we are all just random blokes on the internet as you say.

But if people ask for opinions no reason why I can't give mine is there? Though I am not a dj/producer etc ( but believe it or not was briefly but quite successfully a promoter in the 90s before studies got in the way) I have been into underground dance music for 30 odd years.

Anyway, I love bantering with you!
Totally agree. It depends if the comments are meant in banter and sctially received that way too. I'm used to your style for example but others may not be. But compared to other posts, this thread is quite timid