Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Anyone Been To Ayia Nappa??

Search this Thread

Old 05 January 2002, 11:26 AM
AliWrx
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nice one M8.
I shall try and avoid getting caught but theres nowt wrong with a bit of Window shopping. At least that's what ill tell her, in between the hail of abuse i get!

Ali

[Edited by AliWrx - 5/1/2002 11:27:22 AM]
Old 01 May 2002, 09:47 AM
AliWrx
Scooby Regular

Wink

Off for a week in Ayia Nappa at the end of the month

I've not been before and am just wondering if anyone has any good pub / club suggestions ??

Old 01 May 2002, 10:12 AM
Scooby Dooby Blue
Scooby Regular

Smile

Was a couple of years ago i was there.

Avalanche is a decent club for upfront dance music. Opens about 3am when the cheesey clubs close (Babylon etc.)

Plenty decent pubs in the square

Paul
Old 01 May 2002, 10:20 AM
AliWrx
Scooby Regular

Cheers Paul.

Not wanting to be too controversial were the majority of people on beer or happy pills?

Old 01 May 2002, 10:50 AM
Scooby Dooby Blue
Scooby Regular

I think both of the aforementioned stimulants were of poor quality when i was out there.
As far as beer goes, you can have Carlsberg or Kos (both brewed on the island and both equally bad)
In terms of happy pills...they wern't much more than ketamine (from what i heard), but i should imagine the standards will have been upped a bit since my visit as Ayia Napa seems to have gone down the Ibiza road big style.

Stick to JD and coke and you'll be fine mate
Old 01 May 2002, 10:52 AM
STi wanna Subaru
Scooby Regular

I've been a couple of times, wouldn't go again as i've been there done that but i love the place. It's all beer fueled fun. I only saw 2 people on pills last year. They are really harsh on drugs in Cyprus so it's not worth it ( if that's your thing )

Places to go....

If you can find it Sydney Beach bar had just openned when we were there. It's a bar/restaraunt right on the beach. Plays laid back house music all day, Nectar women bring you beer and the food is quality!! We would go there during the day have something to eat and then go back to the appartment for a kip before going into the square.

What type of clubs do you go to in England? What music do you like? My favorite club in Ayia Napa is Rise. Full glass front overlooking the square and an open top roof

ask me any questions you want and I'll do my best to answer them.

One thing.......the Women......Oh the Women!!
Old 01 May 2002, 11:08 AM
AliWrx
Scooby Regular

Nice one guy's for the info. I will stick to the old Vodka Red Bull buy the sounds of it avoiding the beers you mention at all cost. I've seen all the clubbing island uncovered programs so i have a rough of idea of what to expect.

Sti,
I used to do a lot of clubbing in Birmingham, Money Penny's, Gods Kitchen etc. Not so much now as my world started to get a bit wobbly , oh yeah and i got married

Usually have nice quiet beach holidays but this year i fancied a change, Kevin & Perry style
Been practising my big fish, little fish, card board box.

As for the women, ill make sure i have my mirrored sun glasses on so the wife doesn't catch me!

what about you were do you go out in Leeds?? Been there a few times myself as well!

Ali

Old 01 May 2002, 11:17 AM
STi wanna Subaru
Scooby Regular

Good Idea re the shades

They have Miss Moneypennys twice a week @ Rise. One night is mainly up to date House the other is Club Classics.... a top night

I Normally go round the corn exchange when I go out. I'm normally found in either the Town House, BRB, Fudge to name a few bars

I went to Back to Basics @ Mint on Saturday. Erick Morillo was playing..........quality night

I prefer Basics but generally the Leeds clubs are good. Space, Speedqueen. I like House music so I'm well catered for in Leeds.

I was down in Birmingham last bank Holiday. We stayed in a hotel in the Mailbox. We went to see Morillo @ Code. I've also been to Gods @ the sanctuary. I liked the bars in the Mailbox and down the canal.

Have a great holday mate. I'm sure you'll enjoy it

Don't get caught stairing on Nisi beach, your wife wont be happy