Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

implant drama

Search this Thread

Old 14 January 2012, 09:38 AM
Luan Pra bang
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default implant drama

All this talk of nhs operations to correct faulty imlants, why cant the manufacturer pip, or their insurance company pay?
Old 14 January 2012, 09:42 AM
the hamster
BANNED

Old 14 January 2012, 09:51 AM
Hanley
Scooby Regular

Wonder if they can correct your faulty keyboard

Old 14 January 2012, 09:53 AM
Luan Pra bang
Scooby Regular

Joys of touch screen, maybe it would not happen if i had an apple device.
Old 14 January 2012, 09:58 AM
Milamber
Scooby Senior

The French company are in liquidation and they had no (or at least no adequate) insurance.
Old 14 January 2012, 10:12 AM
davegtt
Scooby Senior

Wasnt these implants government approved? Therefore I can see why we should have to pay for them. Especially if Pip are in liquidation. Certainly not fair on the women to have to foot the bill IMO
Old 14 January 2012, 10:34 AM
Luan Pra bang
Scooby Regular

Cameron should be demanding compensation from sarkozy, if the company had no suitable insurance then i would assume the directors are being held criminally responsable. It really is time we went to war with france. Scumbag ***** they are.
Old 14 January 2012, 11:22 AM
David Lock
Scooby Regular

Sacre bleu - so we poor old Brits don't even have a handle of the size of our girls ****
Old 14 January 2012, 11:35 AM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by davegtt
Wasnt these implants government approved? Therefore I can see why we should have to pay for them. Especially if Pip are in liquidation. Certainly not fair on the women to have to foot the bill IMO
Yes I agree. Those who approved the implants are morally responsible. Thats what they are paid for surely.

Les
Old 14 January 2012, 11:42 AM
ScoobyWon't
Scooby Regular

I thought all implants had a certain life span and have to be replaced anyway. I think it's 10 years. I can understand if the NHS did the removal only for people who had them installed privately.

If the woman could afford to have them installed privately and knowing that at some point she would have to have another operation to put a new pair in, then I understand the NHS only footing the removal price.
Old 14 January 2012, 11:49 AM
davegtt
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by ScoobyWon't
I thought all implants had a certain life span and have to be replaced anyway. I think it's 10 years. I can understand if the NHS did the removal only for people who had them installed privately.

If the woman could afford to have them installed privately and knowing that at some point she would have to have another operation to put a new pair in, then I understand the NHS only footing the removal price.
I also think its pretty unfair that the government would take them out without a replacement, imagine the monstrosity theyre going to leave behind on these womens chest, most of the women who have this surgery is for a confidence boost and its not always a matter of "being able to afford it"
Old 14 January 2012, 12:00 PM
ScoobyWon't
Scooby Regular

I know of two women who got implants just so they could become glamour models. If their implants are providing them an income, I can see why the tax payer wouldn't want to foot the bill.
Old 14 January 2012, 12:00 PM
davegtt
Scooby Senior

I think you miss the point Dave, I know it happens and I disagree with cosmetic surgery to boost confidence on the NHS. But this isnt a straight forward situation, these women have paid for a product that was government approved, the least the government can do is replace it. If you bought a brand new Impreza that our government approved for the UK roads then we found out they were a ticking time bomb but Subaru had gone into liquidation would you be happy with them just taking your car off you without a replacement?
Old 14 January 2012, 12:03 PM
GlesgaKiss
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I couldn't believe the cheek of the guy on the news during the week from one of the private companies in question. He was claiming that, since the government allowed them to use them, the government has a 'moral' responsibility to put it right for everyone.

Right. So as long as the government lets you do something, you can shift all responsibility on to them... being a helpless victim like the rest?

However, from what we've seen on the news it doesn't seem like there is much of a legal case against the private companies? Which suggests that the contracts or the conditions under which the ops were agreed to do not have a 'comeback' clause for this sort of thing. If you're going to be getting an op like that, surely you make sure you have adequate protection against something like this?

It is a real shame, but I don't see why the govt should be putting this right, apart from in the case of NHS implants, which they seem to be doing if there is a problem.

Last edited by GlesgaKiss; 14 January 2012 at 12:05 PM.
Old 14 January 2012, 12:20 PM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by GlesgaKiss
I couldn't believe the cheek of the guy on the news during the week from one of the private companies in question. He was claiming that, since the government allowed them to use them, the government has a 'moral' responsibility to put it right for everyone.

Right. So as long as the government lets you do something, you can shift all responsibility on to them... being a helpless victim like the rest?

However, from what we've seen on the news it doesn't seem like there is much of a legal case against the private companies? Which suggests that the contracts or the conditions under which the ops were agreed to do not have a 'comeback' clause for this sort of thing. If you're going to be getting an op like that, surely you make sure you have adequate protection against something like this?

It is a real shame, but I don't see why the govt should be putting this right, apart from in the case of NHS implants, which they seem to be doing if there is a problem.
If a government organisation announces that the implants are safe and of a fit standard for use. then that organisation , which is paid to investigate such items, is responsible to the public if they find the implants are unsafe as they did in this case!

I think it is arguable that if a private firm did the implant operation then they should put it right FOC to the patient and claim the cost back from the organisation which cleared the use of the implants.

Les
Old 14 January 2012, 12:28 PM
Luan Pra bang
Scooby Regular

So we agree that the French government who approved the implants should foot the bill ? In that case seeing as we know they won't pay how about we invade the ******* now, today calais tomorrow Paris. I would happily volunteer for the army if I knew we were invading france.
Old 14 January 2012, 05:24 PM
davegtt
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by hutton_d
Just nit-picking here but the mammary gland sacs were "EU approved". If the "UK" government funds replacements then "we" pay. That not fair ....... and another reason we need to get ourselves out and govern ourselves.
Thats fair enough and youve made the point yourself. Either way its not the patients fault is it?
Old 14 January 2012, 08:29 PM
jh1-2009
Scooby Regular

I don,t agree the taxpayer should be paying... If the original op was done by the NHS and for medical reasons then fair enough but come on why should any taxpayer contribute towards a woman who want,s to get more attention by having big tit,s???
Old 14 January 2012, 09:01 PM
Moley
Sponsor

Received 24 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by jh1-2009
I don,t agree the taxpayer should be paying... If the original op was done by the NHS and for medical reasons then fair enough but come on why should any taxpayer contribute towards a woman who want,s to get more attention by having big tit,s???
Completely agree
Old 15 January 2012, 01:17 AM
davegtt
Scooby Senior

If a government approves something what benefits a private company spending more money "checking these things" ????
Old 15 January 2012, 07:24 AM
Jaybird-UK
Scooby Regular

Although no expert, I am willing to have a feel of anyone's ***** with said PiP implants and give my opinion as to their safety (again I must stress I'm no expert! )
Old 15 January 2012, 11:52 AM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Luan Pra bang
So we agree that the French government who approved the implants should foot the bill ? In that case seeing as we know they won't pay how about we invade the ******* now, today calais tomorrow Paris. I would happily volunteer for the army if I knew we were invading france.
Regardless of what the French government said, we have our own watchdogs who are responsible for assessing the suitability of medical supplies. That must be where the buck stops.

Les
Old 15 January 2012, 12:08 PM
ALi-B
Support Scoobynet!

Received 301 Likes on 240 Posts

Originally Posted by ScoobyWon't

I agree.

NHS is there to fix you if they go wrong. So I have no qualms if the NHS pre-emptively removes privately installed implants if there is a risk (as the NHS would have to do it anyway if the ruptured, plus treat the after effects)...So long as they persue both the the manufacturers, companies and surgeons that are responsible for fitting for the full cost of removing them. Any directors who "bumps" their companies (be it suppliers or installers) to avoid being sued should have their family's assets seized and personally persued for the costs (well, HMRC and banks can do it, so why not the NHS? ).

I'm pretty certain these companies offered guarantees on these implants, so should honour it if it was found that they are of poor or substandard quality. The surgeons should also be held liable for not ensuring the quality of the products they use. If they were lied to by suppliers then they should do their own legal work to recover costs (they can afford to unlike some of their clients they butchered).

But health wise (physically) there is no reason why the NHS should put in new implants. It also makes the NHS vunelrable too as any implant the NHS replaced would have to be gauaranteed and it also opens the doors for a free-for-all to all who want them replaced *****-nilly at zero cost. As they do need to be replaced anyway at some point.

So that is betterment at the cost of the tax payer, if you tried the same with an insurance claim they'd try to do you for fraud!

Removing but not replacing implants deters those who are out for something for nothing.

And also final note, silicone and its effects have long been notorious for their side effects to health. This is not a new thing- its been around since the invention of silicone implants over forty years ago!!

Yet despite this globally known and well documented problem with silicone in the body, women are still stupid enough to put this toxic susbtance inside their body

Beggers belief. Would a woman drink Diesel if she thought it would make her lose weight? So why shove your chest full of bathroom sealant!

Of course, those who had implants on the NHS (i.e as part of reconstructive surgery after masectomy etc.), should have them replaced on the NHS, but nobody else.

Last edited by ALi-B; 15 January 2012 at 12:11 PM.
Old 15 January 2012, 12:43 PM
Lydia72
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by ALi-B

And also final note, silicone and its effects have long been notorious for their side effects to health. This is not a new thing- its been around since the invention of silicone implants over forty years ago!!

Yet despite this globally known and well documented problem with silicone in the body, women are still stupid enough to put this toxic susbtance inside their body

Beggers belief. Would a woman drink Diesel if she thought it would make her lose weight? So why shove your chest full of bathroom sealant!

Of course, those who had implants on the NHS (i.e as part of reconstructive surgery after masectomy etc.), should have them replaced on the NHS, but nobody else.

I agree. Paying thousand of pounds to have potentially poisonous foreign objects inserted into your body seems like madness to me. Especially when 44,000 women are being diagnosed each year with breast cancer.

It's not like ******** are the prettiest things to look at but you don't see men lining up to have them altered "to boost their confidence".
Old 15 January 2012, 12:50 PM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by hutton_d
No we don't Les! Read my post above and follow the link. IF the 'medical device' is CE approved we HAVE too accept, on trust, that it is fine. We CANNOT test them ourselves.

As I keep saying, another reason to get the h3ll out!

Dave
I did not realise that Dave,and I find that is disgraceful as you say.

You know how I feel of course, need I say more?

Les

Quick Reply: implant drama