Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Has anyone tried taking Procepia for MPB?

Search this Thread

Old 21 December 2011, 12:09 AM
paulr
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Has anyone tried taking Procepia for MPB?

Serious question. Has anyone, or does anyone take Procepia to slow down hair loss. (PM me if you want). I am losing mine, and if i am honest i would rather not. I tried the shaved head look, but its just not me. I know you can get it online, but if i was to take it i would see my doctor first.

The problem with the whole subject of male hair loss, is the amount of bull$hit and scams out there. However, from what i have heard, Procepia does seem to be genuine in its claim of slowing it down.

cheers.
Old 21 December 2011, 01:24 AM
boxst
Scooby Regular

So ... I am now shaved but did try a few things before I just thought I would just go bald and go for the devastatingly attractive natural look

Minoxidil 5% does work. It keeps the hair that you currently have. If you have the pleasure of going to America (I go a lot) then you can buy WalMart branded very cheaply otherwise you are looking at Regaine which was £20ish a month. I stopped in the end as I developed some allergic reaction to it after a few years.

Propecia I also tried via a (free) private prescription from my Doctor. It was around £20/month as well from some legal online chemists in the UK that were cheaper than getting the prescription filled at Boots. That also worked in that it slowed down the baldness. I just stopped as to be honest I couldnt' be bothered in the end. It didn't effect my libido although that is one of the side-effects in some.

The only thing I didn't try (but a friend of mine did) is a hair transplant. I don't know how old you are, but if your baldness is relatively settled you can get the holes plugged from the back of your head. It IS expensive, he went to Greece I think but it still cost £2k+

Steve (bald but ever so attractive )
Old 21 December 2011, 09:08 AM
Trout
Scooby Regular

Personally, i think the only thing worse than going bald is pretending you aren't. Look at Rooney, £30k for limited advantage.

Just keep what have kept very short.

I have a 2mm buzz cut every week, all good
Old 21 December 2011, 09:54 AM
dpb
Scooby Regular

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by paulr
Serious question. Has anyone, or does anyone take Procepia to slow down hair loss. (PM me if you want). I am losing mine, and if i am honest i would rather not. I tried the shaved head look, but its just not me. I know you can get it online, but if i was to take it i would see my doctor first.

The problem with the whole subject of male hair loss, is the amount of bull$hit and scams out there. However, from what i have heard, Procepia does seem to be genuine in its claim of slowing it down.

cheers.
Can we persuade you to buy an ionic band while your here
Old 21 December 2011, 10:09 AM
Lee247
SN Fairy Godmother

Paul, I guess I can understand how it can't be nice for men to lose their hair, but...........................There is nothing sexier than a man with a shaved head

Lovely
Old 21 December 2011, 10:17 AM
JackClark
Scooby Senior

Received 51 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by Lee247
Paul, I guess I can understand how it can't be nice for men to lose their hair, but...........................There is nothing sexier than a man with a shaved head
Notice how they cut the top of his head off.

#2 on my loaf, keep it simple sexy.
Old 21 December 2011, 10:17 AM
kingofturds
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

The only 100% effective treatment is castration, propecia or the generic finastride has some nasty side effects.
Old 21 December 2011, 10:27 AM
Lee247
SN Fairy Godmother

Originally Posted by JackClark
Notice how they cut the top of his head off.

#2 on my loaf, keep it simple sexy.

Better mm mm mm
Old 21 December 2011, 10:42 AM
boxst
Scooby Regular

Old 21 December 2011, 07:31 PM
paulr
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by boxst
So ... I am now shaved but did try a few things before I just thought I would just go bald and go for the devastatingly attractive natural look

Minoxidil 5% does work. It keeps the hair that you currently have. If you have the pleasure of going to America (I go a lot) then you can buy WalMart branded very cheaply otherwise you are looking at Regaine which was £20ish a month. I stopped in the end as I developed some allergic reaction to it after a few years.

Propecia I also tried via a (free) private prescription from my Doctor. It was around £20/month as well from some legal online chemists in the UK that were cheaper than getting the prescription filled at Boots. That also worked in that it slowed down the baldness. I just stopped as to be honest I couldnt' be bothered in the end. It didn't effect my libido although that is one of the side-effects in some.

The only thing I didn't try (but a friend of mine did) is a hair transplant. I don't know how old you are, but if your baldness is relatively settled you can get the holes plugged from the back of your head. It IS expensive, he went to Greece I think but it still cost £2k+

Steve (bald but ever so attractive )
How long did you use Procepia for?
Old 21 December 2011, 07:39 PM
boxst
Scooby Regular

I probably used it for about a year. I didn't have any noticable hair-loss during this time.
Old 22 December 2011, 01:48 PM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

I think that shaving it all off makes you look like a thug.

If I was losing mine that fast I would just hang onto what is left.

Les
Old 22 December 2011, 01:56 PM
specialx
Former Sponsor

let it grow and go for the comb over look!