Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

One for the builders

Search this Thread

Old 13 December 2011, 09:25 PM
scoobydog63
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default One for the builders

Does anyone know the rough cost to put in a damp proof course for a small detached house plus external insulation.

Cheers
Old 13 December 2011, 09:51 PM
decepticon
Scooby Regular

if any builders come on here to answer this question, can you also give me a rough price to build me a new house with a tiled roof and some windows.
thanks
Old 13 December 2011, 09:55 PM
addi monster
Scooby Regular

lol,,, for a 4m/4m square room we normally charge around £700 that would include injecting / tanking / re boarding and plastering, the decor would be left to you,
you wont get anyone to give you a proper quote unless they see the job mate,

decepticon,
we could build you the house you want for £18334436362274484.09p regards steve
Old 13 December 2011, 10:56 PM
scoobeenut
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by addi monster
lol,,, for a 4m/4m square room we normally charge around £700 that would include injecting / tanking / re boarding and plastering, the decor would be left to you,
you wont get anyone to give you a proper quote unless they see the job mate,

decepticon,
we could build you the house you want for £18334436362274484.09p regards steve
Would that be for cash?
Old 14 December 2011, 08:14 AM
addi monster
Scooby Regular

we only take cash or bank transfers matey, sick tired and fed up of rubber cheques,. anyway you are in london so we would have to facter accomedation into the price, find yourself a recomended builder matey close by,. steve
Old 14 December 2011, 06:12 PM
PaulC72
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by decepticon
if any builders come on here to answer this question, can you also give me a rough price to build me a new house with a tiled roof and some windows.
thanks
How big would the house be, how many rooms, bedrooms, do you want a garage, do you already own the land, will the price need to include any architect costs and building regs/planning.
When does it need to be built by and where is it located (area)

What is the site like already (if already purchased) as depending on what it is like it could increase the cost quite a bit (spoil samples will be required re contamination etc)

If you can get answers to all those then you may get a decent guide price for builidng a house ;-)
Old 14 December 2011, 06:33 PM
The Dogs B******s
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by PaulC72
How big would the house be, how many rooms, bedrooms, do you want a garage, do you already own the land, will the price need to include any architect costs and building regs/planning.

What is the site like already (if already purchased) as depending on what it is like it could increase the cost quite a bit (spoil samples will be required re contamination etc)

If you can get answers to all those then you may get a decent guide price for builidng a house ;-)
Old 14 December 2011, 10:36 PM
decepticon
Scooby Regular

thanks for your help but i am quite able to build my own house, i only posted my vague question to take the pish out of the OP's idiotic question
one of my pet hates of many forums is when someone asks an inane question and awaits the replies
Old 15 December 2011, 09:56 AM
ChefDude
Scooby Regular

i've had quotes for my terraced house and actually got it done. it was 3K, but that was part of a 120K renovation, so I probably got discount. they did it metre by metre, having to hold the house up

so, i reckon 4 to 5K
Old 15 December 2011, 12:41 PM
scoobydog63
Scooby Regular

thanks for your help but i am quite able to build my own house, i only posted my vague question to take the pish out of the OP's idiotic question
one of my pet hates of many forums is when someone asks an inane question and awaits the replies
Well I did think the idea of a forum was to ask for people's advice. If the question was lacking infomation, I do apologise but I would have thought a cost per metre or square metre, would have given me an approximate idea of cost. Never mind, but thanks to those that answered with a helpful answer.
Old 15 December 2011, 05:23 PM
addi monster
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by ChefDude
i've had quotes for my terraced house and actually got it done. it was 3K, but that was part of a 120K renovation, so I probably got discount. they did it metre by metre, having to hold the house up

so, i reckon 4 to 5K
what did they do, remove the morter line and place a membrane in then try to fill the gap,, that imho is not at all the way to go as you can never create a proper joint that way, not for me im affraid,.
Old 15 December 2011, 05:25 PM
ChefDude
Scooby Regular

membrane and special blocks as far as i remember. my house is super warm now
Old 15 December 2011, 07:07 PM
PaulC72
Scooby Regular

So in response to a post you thought was idiotic you decided to make one yourself, I can see you logic.......

Anyway the question still stands how big is your house