Missing bolt- funny old life !!

Search this Thread

Old 29 November 2011, 12:03 PM
jono300
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Missing bolt- funny old life !!

Funny old life !!

Giving the garage a quick tidy up yesterday I suddenly noticed that one off the two spring / bolts I bought last week for my new exhaust system was missing and at £20 for the pair and not fancying having to buy another I thought I have got to find this !! to say I searched everwhere would be an understatment, spent at least three hours pulling the garage to bits but nope not there !! got to the stage it was really bothering me on just where it could be that I thought bugger it will put a wanted advert on here for one and if no joy will just order another one today that way I can get on with my life again !!!

anyway still continued my search on and off for the rest off the evening, was about midnight last night when I thought nope not going to look for it anymore and decided to wind down by watching a bit tv with a drink from the fridge / freezer.. yep what was laying on the top shelf off the inner door off the fridge... yep there it was shining down at me !!!!

dont ask how it got there !!! I had the bolt laying on top off the fridge at one stage but how it got down and to the inside is a mystery !!!

had to smile to myself when I found it thou !! amazing how little things like that can get to you so much !!

anyone had similar with something missing ??
Old 29 November 2011, 12:05 PM
brendy76
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was wracking my brain trying to remember where my 3/8 to half inch convertor had gone, ended up going and buying a new one only to find the old one the moment I got home. ARGHHHH! Still, it wasnt overly expensive and now have two of them.
Old 29 November 2011, 12:07 PM
boxst
Scooby Regular

I've found phones and remote controls in the fridge before, and one time a telephone in the (just washed) dishwasher.

(all my wife by the way!)
Old 29 November 2011, 12:13 PM
jono300
Scooby Regular

(all my wife by the way!)[/QUOTE]

Well my wife is claiming she never put it there !! can only think with having it on the shelf above fridge that it must have rolled off and down into the shelf in the door when the door has been opened at one stage !!
Old 29 November 2011, 01:05 PM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

I thought this was gong to be another example of "fridge suck", the mysterious force that always sucks a tiny object you drop straight underneath the nearest, largest, immovable object.

I've never heard of "fridge suck" sucking something INSIDE a fridge, though.
Old 29 November 2011, 01:08 PM
CREWJ
Scooby Regular

Lovely story
Old 29 November 2011, 01:25 PM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by jono300
Funny old life !!

Giving the garage a quick tidy up yesterday I suddenly noticed that one off the two spring / bolts I bought last week for my new exhaust system was missing and at £20 for the pair and not fancying having to buy another I thought I have got to find this !! to say I searched everwhere would be an understatment, spent at least three hours pulling the garage to bits but nope not there !! got to the stage it was really bothering me on just where it could be that I thought bugger it will put a wanted advert on here for one and if no joy will just order another one today that way I can get on with my life again !!!

anyway still continued my search on and off for the rest off the evening, was about midnight last night when I thought nope not going to look for it anymore and decided to wind down by watching a bit tv with a drink from the fridge / freezer.. yep what was laying on the top shelf off the inner door off the fridge... yep there it was shining down at me !!!!

dont ask how it got there !!! I had the bolt laying on top off the fridge at one stage but how it got down and to the inside is a mystery !!!

had to smile to myself when I found it thou !! amazing how little things like that can get to you so much !!

anyone had similar with something missing ??
I have to be honest and admit that it has happened to me too-and not just the once!

It really is annoying and is only made better by the relief at finding the missing bit.

Les
Old 29 November 2011, 01:28 PM
Fleetster
Scooby Regular

I got a call at work from the Mrs..... where have you put the passports?? ( this was a couple of days before we were due to fly on holiday) my reply "not touched them they should all be in the envelope by the microwave" (we had recently had to go to Liverpool as our sons had run out and we wouldnt have got it back in the post in time!)... anyway all day she kept looking and looking ................... angry texts and calls not good.... then she went to put something in the grey wheely bin (recycling) and guess what, there was the envelope with all our passports in!! and the bin was due to be emptied the next day!!!Damn close one that!

Then there was the tape measure..... I knew it was on the fireplace as i had used it that day... went bacdk to get it,... not there.. "have you seen it" i asked... "nope not touched it" auto answer... this went on for ages looked everywhere.. the kitchen, shed garage, bedrooms, tool box, jeans etc etc nope nothing... gave up in the end and had a beer and chilled.... later that night she had a bath and put her dressing gown on... guess what was in the pocket!!!!!!.

And dont get me started on phones and controlls! who ever invented the cordless phone needs shooting!
Old 29 November 2011, 01:59 PM
SwissTony
Scooby Regular

Received 12 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Fleetster
her dressing gown on... guess what was in the pocket!!!!!!.
Well what a surprise, I have the same wife !!

She constantly berates me about " where is this ", "where did you put that ? "
I now have got into the habit of saying "check your pockets"
Honestly, you would think she was a kleptomanic the amount she squirrels away in her pockets

This year, losing stuff has gone all festive. We bought a new countdown to xmas decoration last year as the old one was a bit tatty. Xmas 2010 it was displayed proudly and then went back into the loft.
Come this year, it is time to find it. Can she find it ? Nope ! Spent nearly a day in that loft and still cant find it, so another one has been ordered.

Bet she finds it when we put them away in January
Old 29 November 2011, 02:59 PM
jono300
Scooby Regular

Funny enough just remembered when the wife bought me a string for my glasses as kept taking them off and laying them down and then spending half the day looking for them annoying anyone in site with my constant " have you seen them " ?? questions !!!

best off it all managed to loose the string for the glasses before I had even fitted it on and to this day it never turned up !! maybe just as well as not really into the glasses on a string look !!!
Old 29 November 2011, 03:04 PM
SwissTony
Scooby Regular

Received 12 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by jono300
Funny enough just remembered when the wife bought me a string for my glasses as kept taking them off and laying them down and then spending half the day looking for them annoying anyone in site with my constant " have you seen them " ?? questions !!!

best off it all managed to loose the string for the glasses before I had even fitted it on and to this day it never turned up !! maybe just as well as not really into the glasses on a string look !!!
They are on your ****ing head
Old 29 November 2011, 03:31 PM
jono300
Scooby Regular

9/10 out off ten times they were in my jacket pocket !! funny still to this day loose them around the house several times a week !!

"" where did you last see them "" type comments from the family dont really help at the time do they ??!!
Old 29 November 2011, 03:47 PM
jef
Scooby Regular

ive lost my scooby on the wrong floor of a car park - reported it to the attendants - whod heard it come in and they told me where it was lol, oops.

i have found my mail in the fridge, mobile phones ect.

once i was getting my porridge ready, put on microwave for 2 mins, sat for the last min watching/waiting, then popped the door open to find nothing in there? - thought it mustve cooked itself away lol. but no the bowl was about 2" from where my elbow was when watching it!! haha what a plum.
Old 29 November 2011, 03:48 PM
IWatkins
Scooby Regular

Cornflakes in the fridge and milk jug in the cupboard is a favourite in this house.

We also went through a phase of always having odd socks after the washing was dry when the wife was sure she put full pairs into wash. Turned out our cat was stealing them from the ironing pile and stacking them behind the fridge. He had nine back there when we found them.
Old 30 November 2011, 06:42 AM
Scooby Roo
Scooby Regular

And why is you find it in the last place you look.......
Old 30 November 2011, 08:28 AM
legb4rsk
Scooby Regular

Location: If you're not braking or accelerating you're wasting time.

I do things like that but does anyone also suffer from what I call TSB.

That means Temporary Selective Blindness.

e.g. you leave a pen on a work surface then look for it and it has disappeared from the place you left it.Look elsewhere for a while come back convinced you havn't moved it & look again & it still isn't there! Look around random places with out finding it.Think,boll*x I must have put it somewhere and can't remember.

Then come back some time later to the original place & amazingly the pen has re-appeared exactly where you thought it was in the first place!!!
Old 30 November 2011, 05:04 PM
Felix.
Scooby Regular

Received 17 Likes on 8 Posts

Things just vanish for me

Fixing the car once when i dropped my 13mm socket in the engine bay. I heard it hit the concrete floor - so i thought it can't have gone far. Could i find it.......... Even when we moved house and we emptied the garage completely it still didn't show up
Old 30 November 2011, 06:15 PM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

TSB is rife: if I'm looking for something, I sometimes get it into my head that it's, say, red.

I can then NOT see it right in front of my nose because it isn't red, it's black.

I also remember a mate's wife's wedding ring dropping off her finger at a gig in Doncaster.

We were on hands and knees looking for it, the crowd made room, we did a fingertip search in the dark, some people brought lighters, one of the bouncers found a small torch, the circle widened, all to no avail. No ring.

I sat back on my haunches, and looked around almost in despair, then said, "Trev, come here." He walked over and we felt in his turnups, (yes! I know! it WAS the 70's ), and there was the ring.
Old 30 November 2011, 09:13 PM
RobsyUK
Scooby Regular

Received 183 Likes on 141 Posts

I sat back on my haunches, and looked around almost in despair, then said, "Trev, come here." He walked over and we felt in his turnups, (yes! I know! it WAS the 70's ), and there was the ring.[/QUOTE]

This happened to me. Lost £100 during paintball. Rolling aroud in a forest. Got out of the muddy overalls and there was the cash in the leg!
Old 01 December 2011, 01:19 PM
Skoobie Dhu
Scooby Regular

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

You need to watch this video clip - brilliant, and it answers a lot of what's been mentioned above.

http://www.comedycentral.co.uk/shows...eavers-681441/