Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Bussiness gas/electric contract auto-roll over. Any way of getting out of it?

Search this Thread

Old 16 November 2011, 11:49 PM
ALi-B
Support Scoobynet!

Received 301 Likes on 240 Posts
Angry Bussiness gas/electric contract auto-roll over. Any way of getting out of it?

So, I think muggins has f**ked up and mixed up the dates on our gas contract renewal. I went to get everything lined up and today and found I missed the contract roll-over deadline. Which was Monday. Doh!

So basically we're going to be put on a new 12month contract that is ALOT more than what were were originally paying.

Of course I'm not happy. And I've rung the supplier and they have reduced this rate. But its still going to cost us over £1000pa more than last year (assuming we don't use more gas).

I'm wondering if there is a way out of this contractual obligation. As a business consumer I feel it grossly unfair to be forced into a rolling contract that isn't competative nor anything remotely like that of the previous rate. I thought I made this clear when we took up last years contract (i.e to opt-out), but seeing it was over the phone it going to be difficult to prove.

Any ideas?

(I think I'm going to have to cancel that new computer I've been promising myself to cover the shortfall )

Last edited by ALi-B; 16 November 2011 at 11:51 PM.
Old 17 November 2011, 09:43 AM
BlkKnight
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

U H PM
Old 17 November 2011, 10:09 AM
Luan Pra bang
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Its bollocks, they tried that crap with me and made up lots of bollocks about being tied into a new contract, you are not you can shop around and go where you like.