Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

666 on the side of St Pauls!!

Search this Thread

Old 05 November 2011, 08:57 AM
Snazy
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 666 on the side of St Pauls!!

Was only a matter of time before the unwashed did something stupid, and now they have. Large graffiti of 666 on the side of the building.
Someone on Sky just said , if it was on the side of another religions building immediate action would have been taken.
To me this triggers an enough is enough reaction. 11/11 is closing first, and now is the time to move these people on.
Old 05 November 2011, 09:05 AM
astraboy
Scooby Regular

11/11 is closing first, and now is the time to move these people on.
you lost me at this point mate.
astraboy.
Old 05 November 2011, 09:12 AM
JonMc
Scooby Senior

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

11th hour of the 11th day of the 11th month - Remembrance Day, where we remember the lives of those lost to create this free world we now live in...

Recall this story

In May 2010, Tohseef Shah spray painted a British War Memorial with "islam will dominate osama is coming" he was fined £50 & walked free from court. In November 2010, Emdadur Choudhury burned a Poppy during the 2mins silence. He too was given a £50 fine and walked free from court Today, 2 men have been sentenced to 12 months in prison for spray painting a Poppy on a mosque. Welcome to the Great British justice system. Disgusting....

This is not about beliefs or backrounds, it is all about double standards and the problems in the justice system!!
Old 05 November 2011, 09:21 AM
wrx9181
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

That's a disgrace .....
Always that way though
Even racism can only be one way and that's simple colour difference .
Religion well we know what to expect .
Old 05 November 2011, 11:13 AM
Lee247
SN Fairy Godmother

Originally Posted by Snazy
Was only a matter of time before the unwashed did something stupid, and now they have. Large graffiti of 666 on the side of the building.
Someone on Sky just said , if it was on the side of another religions building immediate action would have been taken.
To me this triggers an enough is enough reaction. 11/11 is closing first, and now is the time to move these people on.
Why on earth would someone do something like that. It beggars belief.
This Country really is a mess
Old 05 November 2011, 11:22 AM
jods
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by JonMc
11th hour of the 11th day of the 11th month - Remembrance Day, where we remember the lives of those lost to create this free world we now live in...

Recall this story

In May 2010, Tohseef Shah spray painted a British War Memorial with "islam will dominate osama is coming" he was fined £50 & walked free from court. In November 2010, Emdadur Choudhury burned a Poppy during the 2mins silence. He too was given a £50 fine and walked free from court Today, 2 men have been sentenced to 12 months in prison for spray painting a Poppy on a mosque. Welcome to the Great British justice system. Disgusting....

This is not about beliefs or backrounds, it is all about double standards and the problems in the justice system!!
Link?
Old 05 November 2011, 11:32 AM
Lee247
SN Fairy Godmother

Originally Posted by jods
Link?
It's something that's going around FB. More to it than meets the eye though.
Looks like they have been downright nasty to a few Asian people and got what they deserved.

This is all I can find on the subject.

http://www.thatsnonsense.com/view.ph...nting%20Mosque
Old 05 November 2011, 11:42 AM
Snazy
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by jods
Link?
[IMG]

This is the nearest you are about to get.http://www.hartlepoolmail.co.uk/news...tack_1_3835626

As for why someone has painted 666, maybe they dont feel they are getting the support from the church they deserve. However the protesters insist it wasnt them, so maybe its someone with anger to the church for not actkng.

Either way, its because of things like this that they should not be camping there.

Old 05 November 2011, 12:17 PM
markjmd
Scooby Regular

Received 70 Likes on 50 Posts

A year inside for apparently doing this
“They had climbed over the fence and painted what looked like a Christian cross on the door and a big, red poppy."

is nothing short of ridiculous, as is the fact we even have a law in this country for the offence of "conspiracy to commit racially-aggravated criminal damage".

Edit: above is in reference to the Hartlepool Mail story.

Last edited by markjmd; 05 November 2011 at 12:37 PM.
Old 05 November 2011, 12:19 PM
Jaybird-UK
Scooby Regular

Regardless of your religious views, it's damn disgusting to vandalise something in a way you know will cause maximum offence.

As bad as those who put bacon on Mosque doors
Old 05 November 2011, 01:15 PM
Chip
Scooby Regular

Beyond belief.
Old 05 November 2011, 01:19 PM
lozgti1
Scooby Regular

Received 71 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by Chip
Beyond belief.
Not really in this day and age

We are so bloody soft in the UK
Old 05 November 2011, 02:03 PM
ScoobyDriverWannabe
Scooby Regular

Seem that about the poppy burning and mosque spray painting mentioned on a few forums.

Apparently the ones who spray paint the most had previous offences which were taken into consideration during sentencing.
Old 05 November 2011, 02:38 PM
Shaid
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by JonMc

Recall this story

If you actually read into the story rather than jumpiong on the 'woe is me, oh look at the double standard justice system' you would probably come to realise that the bloke who was given 12 months had previous hence justified a longer sentence. A habitual **** apparently.
Old 05 November 2011, 04:03 PM
markjmd
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Shaid
If you actually read into the story rather than jumpiong on the 'woe is me, oh look at the double standard justice system' you would probably come to realise that the bloke who was given 12 months had previous hence justified a longer sentence. A habitual **** apparently.
Sorry, but that's a complete load of b*llocks. A whole year in jail for daubing paint on a building, that contained no threats, no insulting language, no personal comment about anyone in particular, is totally and utterly out of proportion, regardless of what the perpetrator's past record is. It completely devalues sentencing for other offenses that carry similar penalties, and basically puts our justice system on a par with Soviet Russia's.

It's not even a full step away from 1984-style thought crime, it's right up there rubbing shoulders with it.

Last edited by markjmd; 05 November 2011 at 04:05 PM.
Old 05 November 2011, 04:26 PM
Bubba po
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by markjmd
above is in reference to the Hartlepool Mail story.
They could always hang a monkey in protest.
Old 05 November 2011, 04:30 PM
AsifScoob
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Bubba po
They could always hang a monkey in protest.
LOL! I was waiting for that.
Old 05 November 2011, 04:32 PM
Bubba po
Scooby Regular

Wink

Originally Posted by AsifScoob
LOL! I was waiting for that.

I hate being predictable.
Old 05 November 2011, 04:34 PM
AsifScoob
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by markjmd
Sorry, but that's a complete load of b*llocks. A whole year in jail for daubing paint on a building, that contained no threats, no insulting language, no personal comment about anyone in particular, is totally and utterly out of proportion, regardless of what the perpetrator's past record is. It completely devalues sentencing for other offenses that carry similar penalties, and basically puts our justice system on a par with Soviet Russia's.

It's not even a full step away from 1984-style thought crime, it's right up there rubbing shoulders with it.
Sorry Mark, but you sound very confused, as usual. Why should their past record be irrelevant during sentencing? That is how the law works here.

Look up what they did previously and reference with whatever your own view on sentencing is then please say what you think then. Thanks.

Asif
Old 05 November 2011, 04:38 PM
AsifScoob
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Bubba po
I hate being predictable.
If it helps I was waiting for 'anyone' to say that. If Micky or any other Geordies had read that, they would have definitely posted that comment.

Hope all is well with you? When are you aiming to get to the big 60k then?

Asif
Old 05 November 2011, 05:21 PM
mrmadcap
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by astraboy
you lost me at this point mate.
astraboy.
I trust you have now gone away to read a few history books astraboy?
Old 05 November 2011, 05:23 PM
markjmd
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by AsifScoob
Sorry Mark, but you sound very confused, as usual. Why should their past record be irrelevant during sentencing? That is how the law works here.

Look up what they did previously and reference with whatever your own view on sentencing is then please say what you think then. Thanks.

Asif
If they'd been previously tried and convicted for the "other things" they'd done in the past, I don't see how whatever they were could make so much difference to their sentence for this offense that it would jump from the large fine and community service it deserved, to a full year in prison.

If they weren't previously tried and convicted for those "other things", and they were only "taken into consideration", why was there absolutely no mention of them in any of the press reports about their sentence? In fact, why is there so little information about them anywhere on the Internet, which is normally crawling with rumour and innuendo?
Old 06 November 2011, 01:57 PM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

Painting the 666 on the cathedral is a serious and unnecessary insult on a par with burning poppies and defacing war memorials.

Its is the implied meaning which counts of course.

Les
Old 06 November 2011, 04:08 PM
finalzero
Scooby Regular

I blame this guy:

http://youtu.be/X7zyZDM2xbE

Puthanae???!11 DANGER!! ROLLLLLLLLLLLLLLAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by finalzero; 06 November 2011 at 08:55 PM.