Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Women - they shouldn't be allowed out

Search this Thread

Old 04 November 2011, 11:43 PM
Trout
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Women - they shouldn't be allowed out

I was away on business for a couple of days and wifey (T) calls me from her mobile asking me what I did to the house phone before I went as it doesn't work anymore.

I come home this afternoon and have to move various bits of very heavy furniture to check the socket, connection etc. All good. BT line test - all good.

No dial tone; no ringing in - BUT the Broadband is working.

There are four sockets around the house - eventually find that one is working - the entry point socket.

After and hour of this - the guy who we use for odd jobs plastering and decorating asks me what I am doing. I tell him. So he asks - when did the phone stop working.

T then pipes up and says the only thing I asked him to do was take that old plastic box off the wall and plaster it in. Oh, yes there were some wires in it but they weren't connected so I got the plasterer just to push them back through into the wall.

DOH!! DOH!! DOH!!

Old 05 November 2011, 01:43 AM
the hamster
BANNED

I get a lot of customers with blown master sockets, so the test socket works but any auxillary sockets dont as theyre connected to the front plate, but i've never heard of anyone filling one in!

Depending on how yours is wired will depend on how easy it is to fix but I wouldnt ring BT unless you want a large bill.
Old 05 November 2011, 02:04 AM
corradoboy
Scooby Regular

I was fitting a bannister last week, and as I don't have a second set of arms 4m long with their own set of eyes, I needed her to line up the bottom bracket whilst I sorted the top one. Needless to say, her bracket was ****-eyed. Add that to all the rounded screw-heads, plugs and screws wrenched from the wall, broken stuff and general destruction that is a wimminz doing decorating.

I also got an ear-bashing for chatting to the neighbour for an hour. Given that I did 40hrs work at one job, and 10 at the other. On Tuesday I looked after the kids for her whilst she worked for just 2hrs, and managed to do 3 loads of washing, rake the garden of leaves, sweep the drive and house front, do everyones breakfasts, dinner and tea, clean and dress both kids for the day, undress and prep them both for bed, enjoy a Burger King, and a Costa Coffee, price up some carpet, and call at B&Q for the bannister parts. Then on Thursday I again took care of everybodies feeding and clothing, called again at B&Q, took the kids to school, fitted the bannister, cleared an 8' high pile of garden cuttings, took the kids to my Dads for a couple of hours, then cooked tea and put the kids to bed again. It would take her almost a year to do what I do in a week, and it would be done badly, wrong, and probably incomplete ready for me to finish it, and it would all be my fault ! She did tell me all about a good film she watched whilst I was working though, so she didn't just toss it off

Last edited by corradoboy; 05 November 2011 at 02:06 AM.
Old 05 November 2011, 02:09 AM
Lee247
SN Fairy Godmother

No just wimmins, Trout. I've got a bloke who has been saying for the last 3 weeks "yes I will put the new wall lamps up, take the radiators off so we can finish the decorating blah blab blah and bolloxed up the leccy plugs after the plasterer had been. He is on borrowed time
Old 05 November 2011, 02:51 AM
corradoboy
Scooby Regular

Oh, and then there's the tools. Those which haven't disappeared into a parallel dimension are either broken or ruined. It's funny, when I have a job to do, I do it, requiring no help apart from occasionally a spare pair of hands for something awkward. When she has a job to do I have to set aside a whole week to assist and be shouted at.
Old 05 November 2011, 06:58 AM
Jaybird-UK
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Lee247
No just wimmins, Trout. I've got a bloke who has been saying for the last 3 weeks "yes I will put the new wall lamps up, take the radiators off so we can finish the decorating blah blab blah and bolloxed up the leccy plugs after the plasterer had been. He is on borrowed time
Never question a man and DIY

Getting round to doing something is our right!
Old 05 November 2011, 07:07 AM
bigsinky
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Jaybird-UK
or touch another man's rhubarb
Old 05 November 2011, 09:27 AM
RobsyUK
Scooby Regular

Received 183 Likes on 141 Posts

I'm not defending them but my woman is **** hot with a paint brush.... No need for masking tape - her edges are amazing... Shame she doesn't do edges when hoovering grrr
Old 05 November 2011, 10:41 AM
ALi-B
Support Scoobynet!

Received 301 Likes on 240 Posts

Do it yourself

Old 05 November 2011, 10:57 AM
Lee247
SN Fairy Godmother

Originally Posted by Jaybird-UK

Getting round to doing something is our right!

Originally Posted by ALi-B
Do it yourself

Why have a dog and bark yourself

Switched the light on this morning and they all flickered. No idea what he's done now
Old 05 November 2011, 10:57 AM
Lydia72
Scooby Regular

Shouldn't the thread title be "Women - they shouldn't be allowed in"?
Old 05 November 2011, 12:43 PM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by corradoboy
Oh, and then there's the tools. Those which haven't disappeared into a parallel dimension are either broken or ruined. It's funny, when I have a job to do, I do it, requiring no help apart from occasionally a spare pair of hands for something awkward. When she has a job to do I have to set aside a whole week to assist and be shouted at.
Mine is similar. When we work on the French house, I have to keep stopping MY job to get the lid off a tin of paint, find a brush for her, show her how to use a plasterers' skim for putting on render etc etc.

THEN, after she's done, I spend an hour or so cleaning up the stuff she'll have dropped onto a newly laid surface and then trodden all over the house

This summer, mind, she did help me make 16 holes at 2.5m height in a stone wall in order to socket beams, then helped me lift up and align beams. The cementing in I did myself. Out of the 16 holes, she did 7 herself with a 2lb hammer and small chisel, since she found the 4lb hammer I offered to heavy.

So not all bad.
Old 05 November 2011, 07:53 PM
Mikej857
Scooby Regular

Dont even get me started on this one!!

We've thankfully just finished our house after pretty much a total refurbishment and me being stupid I said I'd fit the kitchen myself, well what a ****ing mistake that was, my wife changed the layout mid fitting then she complained we were making too much noise or it was taking too long so in the end I said if you dont ****ing like it fit it yourself...needless to say she didnt utter another word till it was finished and then said I'd done a fabulous job and it wouldnt have looked so good if she hadnt helped though....I will not be doing another kitchen again it was a nightmare from start to finish due to the cowboy who lived in our house before us
Old 05 November 2011, 09:34 PM
Aaron1978
Scooby Regular

A recent survey found one in three women are just as stupid as the other two.

Old 06 November 2011, 12:22 AM
Trout
Scooby Regular

At least he is not taking things that are working and due to a complete lack of sentient presence, ruining them!

Originally Posted by Lydia72
Shouldn't the thread title be "Women - they shouldn't be allowed in"?
the rest of the quote is Women - they shouldn't be allowed out...

...of bed!!!

Originally Posted by azz250478
A recent survey found one in three women are just as stupid as the other two.

Old 06 November 2011, 12:33 AM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Switched the light on this morning and they all flickered. No idea what he's done now
You sure it wasn't your 'Lady-Toy' which you switched on? I heard the towns lights dim when that gets going
Old 06 November 2011, 01:31 AM
Lee247
SN Fairy Godmother

Originally Posted by pslewis
You sure it wasn't your 'Lady-Toy' which you switched on? I heard the towns lights dim when that gets going
Who needs toys
Old 06 November 2011, 01:54 AM
Lee247
SN Fairy Godmother

Originally Posted by Trout
At least he is not taking things that are working and due to a complete lack of sentient presence, ruining them!

Oh he is. The lights were fine until he started faffing about with them