Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Taking a baby to the Caribbean for our honeymoon any advice where to go

Search this Thread

Old 23 October 2011, 10:36 AM
vallumlj
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Taking a baby to the Caribbean for our honeymoon any advice where to go

We are looking to go on our honeymoon next June with our 9mt old daughter. We were going to go to the Senstaori Resort in Tenerife but prices are silly.

This has got me thinking about the Caribbean I have been to Cancun before and had a great time. We are looking for a place where we can go out of the hotel and walk around without the worry off get robbed etc. We would also like a somewhere with shops and restuarants etc.

My fiance does not fancy Cancun as she went with a ex. How about playa del carman any one been?

Any advice would be good?

Thanks
Old 23 October 2011, 02:18 PM
Account deleted by request
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was in Playa Del Carmen this year, there is a huge row of hotels in Playacar which is a 20 minutes walk or 5 mins in a taxi from the centre of Playacar. I stayed in the iberostar Tucan which was a superb hotel but not very friendly for a pram/buggy if you use one.

For some reason i think elsewhere in the Caribbean would be more suitable for a baby, dont know why i say that really. Maybe it is because pretty much all the hotel in playacar are very big (far bigger than most i have been to in the Caribbean) which heans lots of steps, pathways that arent always even etc.

For me Barbados is hard to beat and isnt rediculously expensive. Ideally you want to be on the Sandy Lane side of the island where there are smaller nicer hotels that the other.

Your other option could be somewhere really nice in the Florida Keys or Boca Raton areas north of Miami. America is a little more baby friendly than the islands.

Avoid Jamaica if i were you.

Chop