Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Bosch: proper customer service.

Search this Thread

Old 07 October 2011, 04:48 PM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts
Default Bosch: proper customer service.

Got a dishwasher here in France. I got a letter in the UK saying I needed to check because there might be a fault on it. Of course, mine is one of the batch with the fault.

Anyway, rang the free number, explained that the machine is in France. Got given another number, explained again, then given another, finally got given Bosch France.

Spoke to a nice lady who took all my details and said the technician nearest to where I live will contact me, probably monday.

We shall see, but so far, so good. Supposed to be a free fix.......again, we shall see, but if I do have to pay, Bosch UK will get an invoice
Old 07 October 2011, 04:54 PM
what would scooby do
Scooby Senior

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

"fault" as in "it will catch fire, burn your house down and kill everyone in it"

You should bladdy well expect decent customer service !
Old 07 October 2011, 05:01 PM
pigSTi
Scooby Regular

They have the best customer service I have ever experienced. Our pressure washer packed up after 6 months, B&Q were so unhelpful and rude it was unreal - they even told us that Bosch didn't have any helpline and would not offer any replacements (we lost our receipt and only had the credit card invoice)
One phone call to Bosch and they arranged a collection date. 7 days later we had a brand new unit. Which broke. So did the next one, this was annoying more so because we were going to be away on the date that the washer was due to be returned so we told them and asked for them to leave it next door. Instead they delivered it before we left.

The current washer is still running fine.
Old 07 October 2011, 05:17 PM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

BOSCH are quality .... worth the extra every time - Germany at its best.

Last edited by pslewis; 07 October 2011 at 05:43 PM.
Old 07 October 2011, 05:32 PM
john banks
Scooby Regular

My Bosch Frost Free is anything but frost free. Was out of warranty when it happened. I just chip away the inch of ice in the bottom from time to time and when the fridge goes warm because of further ice it needs a few days to do a proper deep defrost of all the deepest pipes.
Old 07 October 2011, 05:44 PM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

^^ Contact them, they are good ^^
Old 07 October 2011, 07:50 PM
J4CKO
Scooby Regular

Ours was in warranty, they came out and sorted it, took two visits despite me telling them it was the drain motor they didn't bring one first time despite my expert Diagnosis

Turned out to be fibres slowing it down, technically not a fault and I should have been charged according to the repair guy, so I just nodded my appreciation and thought that the fibres shouldn't be able to get there.

Miele for when it really matters though, Hotpoint if you want to meet more repair guys.
Old 07 October 2011, 08:44 PM
TelBoy
Scooby Regular

Bosch use to be good, when their products were made exclusively in Germany (Lewis take note you ****).

These days they've out-sourced a lot of production, so reliability has suffered. Customer service is still exemplary. Cynics would say that it needs to be.

Bosch are a good mid-range choice, no doubt. But if you can afford the extra for Meile, just do it.
Old 08 October 2011, 11:55 AM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

MY Bosch dishwasher does say made in Germany.
Old 09 October 2011, 11:49 AM
computerangel
Scooby Regular

Default Made In Germany

Can you actually let us know where they are outsourced to.......?
Old 09 October 2011, 05:46 PM
ALi-B
Support Scoobynet!

Received 301 Likes on 240 Posts

'Some' of Bosch are made all over the place, for example their mid/low end washing machines and fridge freezers can be made in their Balay factory (Balay are owned by Siemens which owns Bosch etc). i.e the Classixx and Exxcel models, but the top end stuff like the Logixx range typically are German made. I say typically, as sometimes its the other way round.

Country of assembly doesn't rally matter that much though; Remember that this is often different to where the discreet components are made...For example it can still use a motor made by Haier or Jonhson in China and a PCB printed and soldered in Zhejiang....and then shipped back to Germany for assembly. Just like a Germany assembled BMW has a load of bits made by Denso (Japan) inside of it So its better to get over any stigma by basing on where it is made as 99% of time it'll lead you to finding something inside that is made in China (be it a capacitor or an LED or something more critical) ; A good product is a good product regardless of the country its made or assembled in.

However Seimens/Bosch have been guilty of brand/badge engineering; I've got a Balay fridge/freezer..identical to the Bosch model of the same year....except the price tag In the UK, one also typically pays more for a Neff or Siemens version of the same white good with identical innards (PCBs, Motors, bearings, pumps etc/).

Last edited by ALi-B; 09 October 2011 at 05:49 PM.
Old 09 October 2011, 06:57 PM
dpb
Scooby Regular

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Last thing i bought off the almighty bosch was a 'budget' jigsaw ( didnt particularly feel it at the time) - the design just doesnt work

I was 'given' a pro version ten years maybe before and i couldnt fault it