Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Your Govt in action.

Search this Thread

Old 04 October 2011, 05:51 PM
FlightMan
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down Your Govt in action.

Credit Easing. The buzzword from George Osborne's speech on Monday.

Here is the Treasury Minister responsible for Credit Easing explaining how it will work.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XUEK_21iWmc&feature=player_embedded#!

God help us all.
Old 04 October 2011, 07:09 PM
DCI Gene Hunt
Scooby Senior

WTF - that's proper funny

Issue bonds.... issue gilts ..... channel to small and medium businesses, create NEW channels to access liquidity, we'll be buying bonds, no selling them... no wait, we're underwriting so businesses can borrow money... you'll need to pay for the underwriting, no wait... anyway these bonds...
Old 04 October 2011, 09:13 PM
f1_fan
Scooby Regular

F**k me, what an absolute Grade A thicko .... and that's just Osborne!!!
Old 04 October 2011, 09:49 PM
legb4rsk
Scooby Regular

Location: If you're not braking or accelerating you're wasting time.

Too many trick questions!
Should have asked her about ponies & ski resorts.
Old 05 October 2011, 08:42 AM
f1_fan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by hutton_d
Sooooo. The government (that is, you and me!!) will be lending money to businesses that the banks won't? Ummm. Call me dense, but maybe there's a reason the banks aren't lending to them ????

Dave
Yep because after being bailed out by the taxpayer neither this nor the previous government has/had the ***** to make them stop behaving just as they did before they at least partially caused the recession.

And to compound that we clearly have a governemnt in power who have zero understanding of the economy and how it works as is amply demonstarted by the clip in this thread and every time that retard Osborne opens his mouth.

Never mind, we have Ed ***** to come along and save us soon.... LOL! We're f**ked!!!
Old 05 October 2011, 08:46 AM
TelBoy
Scooby Regular

Exclamation

Originally Posted by f1_fan
Yep because after being bailed out by the taxpayer neither this nor the previous government has/had the ***** to make them stop behaving just as they did before they at least partially caused the recession.

Sorry but this simply isn't the case, unless you can give me examples that i might have overlooked?
Old 05 October 2011, 08:51 AM
TelBoy
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by hutton_d
Sooooo. The government (that is, you and me!!) will be lending money to businesses that the banks won't? Ummm. Call me dense, but maybe there's a reason the banks aren't lending to them ????

Dave
The reason is simply because they're scared they won't get their money back. Banks aren't even lending to each other just in case they're not here tomorrow to repay the loan, it's that skittish at the moment. The Government, however, don't have that risk, not unless you go the full armageddon route. So the plan makes sense, it's just nationalisation of the banking system by any other name.

But good news for all the banker-haters, and i know there are lots of them. I conservatively forecast that within 2 years, about 100,000 people will lose their jobs from the City. Approximately one in three. So something for all the blame mongers to celebrate.
Old 05 October 2011, 08:56 AM
GlesgaKiss
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

See how reluctant she is to just say "we're lending to small businesses"!? Or are they just guaranteeing bank loans to small businesses?

Either way, sounds like a nightmare waiting to happen.
Old 05 October 2011, 09:49 AM
tony de wonderful
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by TelBoy
The reason is simply because they're scared they won't get their money back. Banks aren't even lending to each other just in case they're not here tomorrow to repay the loan, it's that skittish at the moment. The Government, however, don't have that risk, not unless you go the full armageddon route. So the plan makes sense, it's just nationalisation of the banking system by any other name.

But good news for all the banker-haters, and i know there are lots of them. I conservatively forecast that within 2 years, about 100,000 people will lose their jobs from the City. Approximately one in three. So something for all the blame mongers to celebrate.
It's not nationalisation because the banks still - seemingly - are free to make profits even though - seemingly - it is now the taxpayer taking the risk.

How the **** did the banking/financial system FAIL so badly?!
Old 05 October 2011, 09:52 AM
tony de wonderful
Scooby Regular

Big mistake bailing out the banks IMHO.

We deviated from an important principle of libertarianism and also Capitalism.
Old 05 October 2011, 09:52 AM
TelBoy
Scooby Regular

I started writing a reply but i've stopped. Just can't be bothered. Ask somebody else.
Old 05 October 2011, 09:56 AM
tony de wonderful
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by TelBoy
I started writing a reply but i've stopped. Just can't be bothered. Ask somebody else.

I was after a couple of sentences not a book. Any financial expert could write a book, but to distill it to essentials, to get perspective away from jargon etc...I've not seen that done properly.
Old 05 October 2011, 10:04 AM
GlesgaKiss
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by tony de wonderful

I was after a couple of sentences not a book. Any financial expert could write a book, but to distill it to essentials, to get perspective away from jargon etc...I've not seen that done properly.
Well it's obvious, isn't it? If you deviate from prudent practice of the accumulation of capital and sound business, and try and deny the need for pain for political reasons, the result is inevitable. Emotionally (politically) you want to do one thing, and logically you really need to do another. When a system is being run well, logic and reason rules. When it begins to be undermined, it is emotion ruling it. The media and the modern 'liberals' are full of emotion, but pretty short on the other side of things. Hence we have a dysfunctional system.
Old 06 October 2011, 04:01 PM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

Seems so easy when the Government can just print a whole load more money doesn't it?

Les
Old 06 October 2011, 05:40 PM
FlightMan
Scooby Regular

Another £75 billion printed today. £v$ at it's lowest since July 2010. Prepare for another 5p a litre on petrol folks, and at least another 0.5% on inflation. You just all got poorer today.
Old 06 October 2011, 06:12 PM
madscoob
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

the way i see this is dumber than dumber , loan money to people/buisness that the banks don't want to , why ? because as the law stands they can go bust on friday (volantary liquidation) and start up again on monday owing no one nothing , one of my ex customers did this a while ago . owed me 3grand and loads of other people lots more , including taxman (400,000quid) vat man 250,000 quid all writen off start again monday , jd on here knows who i mean he was unlucky enough to work for the bloke and it cost jd his house ,