Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

worse that can happen.....

Search this Thread

Old 11 September 2011, 08:14 PM
RobsyUK
Scooby Regular

Received 183 Likes on 141 Posts
Default worse that can happen.....

Thought I'd start a thread where you can list the worst thing thats happened to you either today or ever.

Ive gone for this:

Im strimming the grass and hit a slug SPLAT all over my face great but I continued as it couldn't get worse... OOh but it did.. dog turd hidden behind a weed all in my mouth NOT HAPPY !!!

The wife laughed her head off until I asked for a kiss...
Old 11 September 2011, 08:21 PM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

See my thread about one of those dyas, (days)

Couldn't even get the title right
Old 11 September 2011, 08:23 PM
Brun
Scooby Senior

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Old 11 September 2011, 08:36 PM
Jamz3k
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

In recent months, one of the whats the worst? situations I have had is cleaning the guttering on the car.

Easy job take off the scuttle panel, remove debris, wash down, sorted! No, tried to remove the wiper arms and snapped the wiper linkage. At the time I didn't have the cash to buy a new one, so i mended the old one which resulted in this abortion.

Driving down the motorway a few days later it was a bit wet and windy, i pop on the wipers and it blew apart leaving a wonderful deep pair of scratches on the A-pilar of the car and removed a massive chunk of paint form the edge of the bonnet.

Ended up stumping up for a new linkage....which only comes as a full kit including motor ffs.
Old 11 September 2011, 08:37 PM
PaulC72
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I could get infracted for saying something wrong (or not wrong but just wrong in the eyes of a moderator)......thats about as bad as it could get really....
Old 11 September 2011, 10:37 PM
fast bloke
Scooby Regular

I had a disaster of a day today. Tried to stay up drinking all night so I could watch Ireland v's USA rugby. Fell asleep at 6.31. Woke up at around 10.00 with sore head and blurry vision. Much caffeine and pain relief later, I was ready to watch the F1 race at Monza. Fell asleep again listening to EJ. Missed the entire race, woke up and checked when the rugby was being shown again. Made dinner, had a couple (well, a few.... or may have been many) glasses of wine, sat down to watch the rugby highlights..... and fell asleep. Woke up about an hour ago with my second hangover in 12 hours, having missed everything
Old 12 September 2011, 07:23 AM
RobsyUK
Scooby Regular

Received 183 Likes on 141 Posts

Originally Posted by fast bloke
I had a disaster of a day today. Tried to stay up drinking all night so I could watch Ireland v's USA rugby. Fell asleep at 6.31. Woke up at around 10.00 with sore head and blurry vision. Much caffeine and pain relief later, I was ready to watch the F1 race at Monza. Fell asleep again listening to EJ. Missed the entire race, woke up and checked when the rugby was being shown again. Made dinner, had a couple (well, a few.... or may have been many) glasses of wine, sat down to watch the rugby highlights..... and fell asleep. Woke up about an hour ago with my second hangover in 12 hours, having missed everything
You need Sky plus...
Old 12 September 2011, 08:15 AM
ALi-B
Support Scoobynet!

Received 301 Likes on 240 Posts

Originally Posted by PaulC72
I could get infracted for saying something wrong (or not wrong but just wrong in the eyes of a moderator)......thats about as bad as it could get really....

Thats a lot of fear from a man with no infractions and just one single warning that was given two years ago!

Friday was a bad day; Fit a v8 into a MGB. Looked easy enough, done countless Rangies and Landies. How hard can it be? Has to be far easier quicker than the X5 engine I removed a few days earlier (I've been demoted to the workshop as of recent, far better than doing some feejit's accounts ).

Tried to fit it with the manifolds on: nope fouls engine mounts
Tried with manifolds off. IN. Yay!
Tried to fit manifolds....wouldn't fit. Engine mounts are in teh way Doh!
Removed engine mounts, manifolds fit - Yay!
Tried to fit engine mounts - wouldn't fit...doh!
Partially removed manifolds managed to wriggle in the mounts.

Could I get a spanner/socket on the nuts to tighten up the things? Nope
To add isult one bolt kept falling out...of which take 5mins to fish back into the hole because I need fingers of a 5yr old to reach round. Took over an hour just to tighten up six nuts and bolts because I could only move them a 1/8th of a turn at a time.

Same day I repaired the 2 post lift. Chain was knackered and in turn it messed up a cable tube which threads the safety cut-out cable. Repaired it all, new chain, fabricated and welded up a new tube, great. Goes up and down nicely (no load).

Then tried lifting a car, lift made a odd noise, then stopped. Safety cable had snapped. Turns out the chain had been inadvertandly threaded (by me) around the cable tube and cut straight through the safety cable. Doh!

But on a more serious note 'on the worst thing ever in my life' scale; my dad dropping dead right infront of me. Watching someone slip away whilst frantically doing CPR on them kinda puts a different skew on how much worse it can be.

Last edited by ALi-B; 12 September 2011 at 08:17 AM.
Old 12 September 2011, 09:48 AM
David Lock
Scooby Regular

Holly Valance did not return my call

dl
Old 12 September 2011, 11:08 AM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

Gave a student a forced landing practice after takeoff by closing the throttle.

He unerringly aimed for the only ploughed field among all the grass ones!

At 200 feet I told him to open the throttle and climb out.

When he opened the throttle the engine stopped!

I had no choice but to land in the ploughed field under an 11Kv power line.

The only plus was that he gave me a ciggie after we had landed, he had never been known to offer his ciggies before,

Must have been a meaningful experience for him, it was for me anyway.

Les
Old 12 September 2011, 01:16 PM
Fat Boy
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by RobsyUK
You need Sky plus...
Go Plus
Old 12 September 2011, 01:30 PM
Dr Hu
Scooby Regular

Received 24 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by ALi-B
But on a more serious note 'on the worst thing ever in my life' scale; my dad dropping dead right infront of me. Watching someone slip away whilst frantically doing CPR on them kinda puts a different skew on how much worse it can be.
Yep thats a winner for me.... thats some bad **** man, it would be MY worst nightmare
Old 12 September 2011, 03:48 PM
billythekid
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by David Lock
Holly Valance did not return my call

dl
Sorry she was busy with me,,,
Old 14 September 2011, 11:35 PM
fast bloke
Scooby Regular

Cool

Originally Posted by RobsyUK
You need Sky plus...

aw **** - forgot I had that
Old 15 September 2011, 12:03 AM
Lisawrx

The last few years have been a bit sh1tty one way or another to be honest, but I would put this as the worst..so far.

Not the day Mam told me that she had found a lump in her breast (at that point, it could've been nothing to worry about), but the first appointment at the hospital.

On that day, I went with her for the appointment, and she was taken for a mammogram first. This showed nothing. As there was a lump, they had to further tests and we were sent away for about an hour or so, which felt like the longest time. However, not knowing much about cancer, I think we sort of talked ourselves into thinking it wasn't that as nothing showed on the mammogram. Talk about setting yourself up for a fall, as the news was given that it was cancer. I do think what made it worse than the news alone, was the fact we had given ourselves false hope.

The worst day for her could be her birthday that year when part of her was taken away (her op), but equally, that could have been the day that hopefully has saved her life. I can only pray as the time passes, that is the case.
Old 15 September 2011, 12:04 AM
David Lock
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by billythekid
Sorry she was busy with me,,,

B,astard

(Didn't realise she was that desperate )

d