Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Conspiracy Theories - Any Believers?

Search this Thread

Old 09 September 2011, 11:45 AM
GlesgaKiss
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Conspiracy Theories - Any Believers?

After watching some of the programmes on tv about 9/11 this last week or so, and seeing a thread on another forum about it, I'm curious if there are any believers on here, not just in the 9/11 but in other conspiracy theories.

I was browsing the net this morning, Googling a few names, and I'm quite surprised by what I've found. I was worried about some of the 9/11 peeps, but it turns out others believe there could be a vast underworld of reptilian people who control governments and corporations all over the world. They're controlling us all right now.

Is anyone else scared?

http://revolutionoftruth.blogspot.co...-theories.html

Last edited by GlesgaKiss; 09 September 2011 at 11:47 AM.
Old 09 September 2011, 12:03 PM
Bonehead
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I saw that program last night.
It was good to see the ex-TA guy taking on board the solid evidence and changing his view but that Asian guy and the ex-nanny, God, talk about tin foil hat brigade, no amount of factual evidence could shake them out of their little fantisies

There's a woman at work that's convinced Diana was murdered.
Old 09 September 2011, 12:12 PM
what would scooby do
Scooby Senior

Any Believers?
Believers
Intellectually challenged buffoons
Old 09 September 2011, 12:12 PM
stilover
Scooby Regular

Not everything you read is true. Not everything you see is fact.

Just because the American Government said `A` & `B` happened, doesn't neccesarily mean it did.

Remember, we are still awaiting to see these weapons of mass destruction that both the British & American Governments said Iraq had.

They wouldn't make such claims up just to go in an invade....... would they?

Last edited by stilover; 09 September 2011 at 12:15 PM.
Old 09 September 2011, 12:13 PM
zip106
Scooby Regular

For some reason, I still don't quite believe Michael Jackson is dead.

But reptiles running Governments?
I know all politicians are snakes, but....
Old 09 September 2011, 12:24 PM
Trout
Scooby Regular

If I was an Illuminati I could not tell you!!

A friend of mind who is ex-US secret service and now a successful business woman is totally convinced the Illumanti exist.

And another mutual friend, a multi-millionaire successful businessman, totally believes 911 was a CIA plot (I am convinced it is just a Beetle based car but who am I to comment)!
Old 09 September 2011, 12:37 PM
zip106
Scooby Regular

The Illuminati (Bavarian, if you will) were formed to mastermind the creation of the New World Order.

They've had plenty of time to do this, but as far as we know haven't yet.
What's taking so long?

Please, don't have nightmares. Do sleep well. ©Nick Ross

Old 09 September 2011, 12:39 PM
billythekid
Scooby Regular

The only part of 9/11 that I am a bit sus on is the Pentagon.

"Crown" has some serious G to A AA capability. I dont understand why they did not use it. They defo had some time to get ready.

Second, there must be lots of CCTV footage. Yet all we get, 10 years later are about 5 frames from a camera on a barrier.. that does not actually show any aircraft.

I would also question the flying, to fly a 757 that low (taking down lamp posts 300m away) and not have an engine touch the floor, at 400+mph.... thats some serious skill. Or luck.

Hmmm.

Still 50/50.
Old 09 September 2011, 12:50 PM
zip106
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by billythekid
The only part of 9/11 that I am a bit sus on is the Pentagon.

"Crown" has some serious G to A AA capability. I dont understand why they did not use it. They defo had some time to get ready.

Second, there must be lots of CCTV footage. Yet all we get, 10 years later are about 5 frames from a camera on a barrier.. that does not actually show any aircraft.

I would also question the flying, to fly a 757 that low (taking down lamp posts 300m away) and not have an engine touch the floor, at 400+mph.... thats some serious skill. Or luck.

Hmmm.

Still 50/50.
This is a very good point, and one I'd always had doubts about.
Old 09 September 2011, 01:01 PM
boxst
Scooby Regular

I don't believe in any conspiracy around 9/11 although as mentioned above the Pentagon one does look a little odd.

There is no doubt that things do go on that we are not told about, or misinformed but this isn't one of them.
Old 09 September 2011, 01:11 PM
Luan Pra bang
Scooby Regular

I believe that 9/11 was allowed to happen. The Bush administration cut funding to anti terrorism despite the outgoing clinton making a point about how real the terroirist threat was. They then igonred plenty of warnings about 9/11. WHile I don;t believe they mastermined anything I believe they wanted a large scale attack for all the monetary and pilitical gain it offered to the republican party and their friends.
Old 09 September 2011, 02:26 PM
Dr Hu
Scooby Regular

Received 24 Likes on 23 Posts

Prince Harry vs James Hewitt??
Old 09 September 2011, 02:32 PM
zip106
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Dr Hu
Prince Harry vs James Hewitt??
I don't even think that's a conspiracy - just denial.
Old 09 September 2011, 02:44 PM
legb4rsk
Scooby Regular

Location: If you're not braking or accelerating you're wasting time.

Flight 93 only left a small crater in a field? The programme last night shows a demonstration of dropping a stone onto a pile of flour and it disappearing into the mound & covering itself up.How could such a large aircraft leave such a small hole?The guy would have been better demonstrating the effect of an aircraft hitting the ground at high speed by stamping on a Coke tin.
Old 09 September 2011, 03:05 PM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

You might also ask how a large aircraft could hit the Pentagon leaving no aircraft wreckage outside on the grass!

There was a video showing internal explosions just before Building No 7 collapsed too.

Lots of questions could be asked I reckon.

How far can one trust a politician these days?

Les
Old 09 September 2011, 03:14 PM
95turbowagon
Scooby Regular

I would hope that 9/11 wasn't allowed to happen but a few things don't seem right.

As mentioned the pentagon, a plane flying that fast and that low shouldn't be possible from what i read as the amount of air passing underneath the plane would cause it to lift off the ground, maybe if it was a very skilled pilot onboard it could be done but someone with a small amount of flying time in a light aircraft doesn't seem right.

The other one mentioned was building 7, that didn't come into contact with a plane and had a few office fires in it that collapsed at free fall speed into it's own footprint seems a bit iffy.
Old 09 September 2011, 03:58 PM
mattstant
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Leslie
You might also ask how a large aircraft could hit the Pentagon leaving no aircraft wreckage outside on the grass!

There was a video showing internal explosions just before Building No 7 collapsed too.

Lots of questions could be asked I reckon.

How far can one trust a politician these days?

Les
Apparently there was plenty of wreckage but obviously censored at the time just google it there are literally thousands of images available

the internal explosion, controlled demolition theories have been disproved in so many ways i really cant be bothered to list them.

Think about the intense pressures of thousands of tons as the building started to collapse onto what are in all intents and purposes are hermatically sealed offices guess where the weak link would be ??
Old 09 September 2011, 08:19 PM
stilover
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by mattstant
Apparently there was plenty of wreckage but obviously censored at the time just google it there are literally thousands of images available

the internal explosion, controlled demolition theories have been disproved in so many ways i really cant be bothered to list them.

Think about the intense pressures of thousands of tons as the building started to collapse onto what are in all intents and purposes are hermatically sealed offices guess where the weak link would be ??
The US Government thank you for believing them.
Old 09 September 2011, 08:53 PM
RobsyUK
Scooby Regular

Received 183 Likes on 141 Posts

I belive in them to some extent.. somethings don't seem right which leaves me wondering..
Old 09 September 2011, 09:01 PM
juggers
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

US government did it them selfs(SCUMMY BA**ARDS), they needed a big enough reason to invade the middle east.

The guy who made this video was a young Uni student at the time "LOOSE CHANGE"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7E3oIbO0AWE
Old 09 September 2011, 09:29 PM
Moley
Sponsor

Received 24 Likes on 11 Posts

My personal theory is that the US Government know it was going to happen, but either didn't have enough info to stop it happening, or let it happen to justify the war.

I don't believe they had anything to do with the plot themselves, they just knew it was going to happen.
Old 10 September 2011, 11:01 AM
Geezer
Scooby Senior

Cool

Originally Posted by juggers
US government did it them selfs(SCUMMY BA**ARDS), they needed a big enough reason to invade the middle east.

Loose Change is such a bag of ****, where do you begin to discredit it?

Did the US governament know it was going to happen? Possibly, but I doubt it. Were they involved in it? Absolutely not.

The conspiracy theories are embarrassingly bad.

Geezer
Old 10 September 2011, 11:21 AM
f1_fan
Scooby Regular

I love the way so many people on here can't bring themselves to question the integrity of a government from another Western country while seemingly being quite happy to label that of their own (at the time) as a bunch of crooked bent evil self serving greedy stop at nothing pigs at the trough.... the irony
Old 10 September 2011, 11:49 AM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by mattstant

Wonder why it was all censored then.

I did hear that the Pentagon is a very heavily reinforced building, far more than one might expect.

Les
Old 10 September 2011, 11:55 AM
Geezer
Scooby Senior

Cool

It's not a question of thinking the US govt are above reproach, but like most governments, they are not totally crooked, nor are they totally honest.

They have done some dodgy things, but keeping things a secret is not easy. The conspiracy theories about 9/11 would need the co-operation of thousands, it not tens of thousands. It simply wouldn't work. Also, the theories are based upon poor misunderstanding of what actually went on and no appreciation of how things actually work.

Much like the Moon landings ones, in fact.

Occam's Razor applies here, methinks.

Geezer
Old 10 September 2011, 01:43 PM
GlesgaKiss
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by juggers

He's a f*cking fruitloop.
Old 10 September 2011, 01:50 PM
GlesgaKiss
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by f1_fan
I love the way so many people on here can't bring themselves to question the integrity of a government from another Western country while seemingly being quite happy to label that of their own (at the time) as a bunch of crooked bent evil self serving greedy stop at nothing pigs at the trough.... the irony
There's a bit of a difference between incompetence and the effects of self-interest in the way the system works, and purposefully killing thousands of your own citizens in a direct attack, in order to start wars that ultimately end up costing far more than they could ever yield.

As for the theories that it's all planned/done for a minority of corporate interests: well, bring forth the evidence and I'll start to give that some credibility. Just blindly believing something that gives me the kind of answer I want to have isn't my cup of tea.
Old 11 September 2011, 03:10 AM
scrappydoo
Scooby Regular

Last edited by scrappydoo; 11 March 2012 at 12:46 AM.
Old 11 September 2011, 04:23 AM
JackClark
Scooby Senior

Received 51 Likes on 34 Posts

Conspiracy theorists are religious nuts that don't believe in God.
Old 11 September 2011, 11:37 AM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

It is interesting how people will sometimes come out with a statement which indicates their ability to assess the way in which others think.

Les

Quick Reply: Conspiracy Theories - Any Believers?