Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Terrible situation.

Search this Thread

Old 08 September 2011, 04:08 PM
Geordie_Aaron
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Red face Terrible situation.

I'll give you abit background to my, what can only be described as 'hilarious' month - most definitly a laugh or cry moment but it's hard to do the latter lol

so...One of the top salesman in 'The Bed Shed'....been there 1year 3 month back in March....got told my shop was closing and redundancys were going round - so im looking for sales jobs from then.
July comes round and i get headhunted from Floors2Go after selling my tats off to their area manager without knowing... so i had my notice end the same day my store closed
(hadn't been there 2 years so no point waiting to be made redundant and didn't want them to turn around and say they were going to put me in a crap store)... so this was the 10th of August.
15th of August i start at Floors2Go after my first weekend off in god knows how long, work 6 days off the belt as i needed to get my commision going, have Sunday/Monday off and go back for my late shift on Tuesday (12-8) and the shutters are down and shop empty - the guy in the lock up next door hears my car pulling up and comes out and explained that on Monday afternoon they came and emptied it/changed locks ETC.........AND NOT ONE ****** HAD THE DECENCY TO RING ME AND TELL ME THEY WERE GOING BUST!!!!

So there we have it - work there 6days and they go bust - WHY in the name of all that is holy do you look to recruit when your closing down? perhaps the area manager didn't know?....surely the big cheese would have told them not to do XYZ for a while?!?!?!

Anyway - i'm now on the rock and roll (dole) for the first time since leaving school (now 26) and just been sent a insolvency booklet to fill in and return - they've asked how much Floors2Go owe me so i wrote a months wage £1200+ commission already earned in 6days £400 + compensation for ending my previous employment (they didn't know they were making me redundant)...obviously they aint going to pay that - but i've never dealt with anything so cowboyish in my life so just wondering if anybody has - and if they got what they were owed in full or part?

big fart on rant i know - but everyday i wake up 6am have a shower, WALK my boy to school, dishes/clean around the house as the mrs is out by the time i get back......sit down - hit the xbox for abit then boredom kicks in BIGSTYLE about 11am. tried doing 2x runs a day or one bigger one and that only sorts me an hour and a half. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH lol

rant over
Old 08 September 2011, 04:28 PM
specialx
Former Sponsor

Bad shizzle! Hope you find something quick!
Old 08 September 2011, 04:36 PM
Jamz3k
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was offered a job years ago after selling a fella a TV. I was offered the world and for a while I received it but then it turned to mush. I haven't earnt as little as I do now in my entire working life(taking into account the cost of living) and all because I changed job that lead to me making a few disasterous decisions.
Old 08 September 2011, 04:58 PM
RobsyUK
Scooby Regular

Received 183 Likes on 141 Posts

If you have free time you need to W@nk more.
Old 08 September 2011, 05:12 PM
GlesgaKiss
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Just keep doing what you're doing, staying positive and keeping active. The last thing you want to do is turn into a reclusive weirdo addicted to internet ****. You'll struggle to get back to work then.

Have you thought about offering basic services door to door? With your sales patter it should be easy, and it'll get you some cash and keep you in the right mindset!
Old 08 September 2011, 05:30 PM
Coffin Dodger
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by GlesgaKiss
Have you thought about offering basic services door to door? With your sales patter it should be easy, and it'll get you some cash and keep you in the right mindset!
Desperate housewives?
Old 08 September 2011, 05:48 PM
PaulC72
Scooby Regular

Hope you find somehting soon, register with some agencies and try something new you could try www.reed.co.uk as they even have some temp jobs their and allot of the tempp ones turn out to be long term.

Having been made redundant form a very well paying job about 2 years ago I know how hard it can be getting back up off the floor and startting again. Good luck
Old 08 September 2011, 06:33 PM
jef
Scooby Regular

unfortunatley this seem sto happen a lot, in flooring shops too

if a decent manager knows, he will say and the employees empty the shop of stock and try sell to recuperate wages.

altho its illegal, so dont get caught, but at end of the day, if there going to fck you over like that, then its fair game - your honour lol
Old 08 September 2011, 06:37 PM
bigsinky
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by GlesgaKiss
The last thing you want to do is turn into a reclusive weirdo addicted to internet ****.
i am neither reclusive nor a weirdo
Old 08 September 2011, 06:42 PM
Geordie_Aaron
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by jef
if a decent manager knows, he will say and the employees empty the shop of stock and try sell to recuperate wages
I think this happened whilst i was on my days off as i was asked if i would take Sunday Monday as i actually wanted the Thursday and Friday. I'd have had the lads to to 'recoup' loss of earnings the second i got told :-(....but i never got told of anybody that worked for Floors2Go until i got the insolvency booklet from the Adminstrators. livid isn't the word. - thankgfully i have insurances paying the mortgage/bills so im ok in that respect...for 12 months, but still....Scoob is sat on my dads drive SORNd :-(
Old 08 September 2011, 06:47 PM
GlesgaKiss
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by bigsinky
i am neither reclusive nor a weirdo
*while he sits in darkened room*
Old 08 September 2011, 09:19 PM
Terminator X
Owner of SNet

Recruiting when you're almost bust no wonder they went under ...

TX.
Old 08 September 2011, 09:32 PM
hodgy0_2
Scooby Regular

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

any self respecting British company going bust like that, will be back up and trading under a different name again in a few weeks time - mark my words

leaving a host of creditors, inc the british taxpayer to pick up the pieces
Old 08 September 2011, 09:36 PM
hodgy0_2
Scooby Regular

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

PS

forgot to say -- sorry to hear you have lost your job Aaron, hope something comes up soon
Old 08 September 2011, 09:55 PM
Spoon
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by hodgy0_2
any self respecting British company going bust like that, will be back up and trading under a different name again in a few weeks time - mark my words

leaving a host of creditors, inc the british taxpayer to pick up the pieces
Yes, keep your eye out in the next week or so for vacancies at Floors2GoAgain.

Shít news, keep your chin up and remember that grafters will always do OK.
Old 08 September 2011, 10:41 PM
cookie sti
Scooby Regular

been there done that. Ive even had a recuitment agency go bankrupt owing me money ffs, I did eventually get monies back from the insolvency company acting on their behalf but it was a waiting game and i could only claim back what i could prove i had earnt.ie time sheets with hours and rate on and nothing more. i should imagine you will only get the 6 days you worked for them and nothing more but i could be wrong
Old 09 September 2011, 05:25 AM
Geordie_Aaron
Scooby Regular

Done abit digging online tonight, seemly they've been bought out of administration for pennies but I can't claim from the new owners?!?
Old 09 September 2011, 11:19 AM
Carlh
Scooby Regular

My worst one, was when I was just a kid at 17. Got an interview at some house, for a position driving..... Strip-o-grams around. There was one in the house and she was HOT HOT HOT.

Excited as I was, the job didnt materialise due to the owner getting send home to New Zealand for illegally being in this country.

Im 39 and I'll never forget the disappointment. lol
Old 10 September 2011, 03:38 PM
Geordie_Aaron
Scooby Regular

sorted a job - BT are opening a new callcentre in the area.....31st October! so got another month and abit bumming about being bored out my tats lol BUT i know they'll not go bust on me and should have a career for life...wage is ****e to start, so may just serve a purpose until better money/hours comes along
Old 12 September 2011, 12:02 PM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

Glad you have found another job then.

Les
Old 12 September 2011, 01:07 PM
windyboy
Scooby Regular

Location: Working in Belfast and living in Bangor, N'orn I'ron

glad you found a job but it means you'll only have 6 weeks left to watch Jezza Kyle and the so-called Real Housewives of .... unless you can sky+ it and series link it

windyboy