Gas / Electric

Search this Thread

Old 01 September 2011, 09:19 PM
Wish
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gas / Electric

I only today fixed my gas and electric until march 2014

Having watched watchdog tonight I now think I've feked up. As it looks like retail price of both is the highest it's ever been and trade markets are at a 4 year low.

Im with EDF .......

I really thought I was doing the right thing but now think should switch back in the cooling off period. Part of my decision is that EDF hasnt it it's price up unlike another company who went up 18% in the last month .....

HELP !
Old 01 September 2011, 09:45 PM
Darrell@Scoobyworx
Authorised Trader

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You have done the right thing, another 10% hike likely coming in 6 months i work in the industry part time and im on the same EDF tariff. EDF havnt increased prices hence them having the best rates. Their fixed deals are still cheaper in most cases than other normal deals.

Last edited by Darrell@Scoobyworx; 01 September 2011 at 09:48 PM.
Old 01 September 2011, 09:52 PM
Wish
Scooby Regular

Many thanks
Old 01 September 2011, 11:38 PM
ALi-B
Support Scoobynet!

Received 301 Likes on 240 Posts

It all depends on where you live: EDF are the most expensive supplier in our area fixed or not.

BG and nPower are chepest for us. BG being the cheapest once on the websaver and dual fuel tarrifs (albeit not the most competant in customer relations).

Last edited by ALi-B; 01 September 2011 at 11:39 PM.
Old 02 September 2011, 12:05 AM
kingofturds
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by ALi-B
It all depends on where you live: EDF are the most expensive supplier in our area fixed or not.

BG and nPower are chepest for us. BG being the cheapest once on the websaver and dual fuel tarrifs (albeit not the most competant in customer relations).
British Gas are one of the most incompetent companies I have ever had the displeasure to deal with I'm currently receiving multiple bills for multiple meters of which none are attached to my property. Ring them up to complain and they blame the automated computer and promise it will be sorted.
Still if they do cut me off I can use all the letters they have sent to heat the home.
Old 02 September 2011, 12:33 AM
maydew
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by foxarm
British Gas are one of the most incompetent companies I have ever had the displeasure to deal with I'm currently receiving multiple bills for multiple meters of which none are attached to my property. Ring them up to complain and they blame the automated computer and promise it will be sorted.
Still if they do cut me off I can use all the letters they have sent to heat the home.
same here just send a complaint email to the muppets,had nothing but grief since joining 8 weeks ago had multiple bills all different amounts with todays been i owe £0.86p and as agreed they will take £6 a week till the debt is cleared yes like i agree to that wouldnt mind but since moving i have had pay as you go meters
Old 02 September 2011, 07:14 AM
ALi-B
Support Scoobynet!

Just keep at it...demand to talk to someone who can fix it and pass it on to their supervisor. And if they blame the computer tell them to talk to report the problem to their IT department and don't hang up until they do. Being really nice and flirty does help you get on the call operator's side

I had this with both nPower and BG. Neither of which could get my address right which meant I didn't the bills if I didn't have my normal postman deliver it (who recognises the name). Both blaming the computer. I told them to get thier IT department to solve it. Eventually it was sorted. Took about eight phone calls though

They also cocked up our business contract...they initially accepted our contract but later declined it, but failed to tell us until three months after the old contract expired. Which meant our previous supplier (not BG) automatically put us on thier extortionate out of contract rate (about ten times more expensive) resulting in a bill several grand more than it should have been. Ombudsman has ruled in our favour, so awaiting the settlement figure to be finalised. INterestingly the previous supplier (EON) also failed to point out that were were on their out of contract rate. Not that they need to, but given how expensive it is when that happens it its in their best interest to keep quiet

So ultimately I'm not impressed with any of them. So if they are cheapest thats who I go with. Actually I'm scared to switch as currently BG have my home details all sorted and correct now...I fear if I moved the next supplier will **** it up like the like nPower and BG have previously.

Last edited by ALi-B; 02 September 2011 at 07:17 AM.
Old 02 September 2011, 07:46 AM
RobsyUK
Scooby Regular

Received 183 Likes on 141 Posts

They are all retards to be honest... Npower can not spell my name correctly no matter how many times I tell them that ROBERT has no S in it!
Oh n for 4yrs we didn't pay any cheap rate electricity and therefore everything we got during the night was Free.

They tried to charge us a large sum and we told them to stuff it. Their fault - if they don't check the meter etc then it's downt o them.

Paid none of it and was given £60 for the hassle.

They are still a joke. And I still get Mr Rosbert W****** Oh they managed to change my last name when I got married.
Old 02 September 2011, 08:01 AM
ALi-B
Support Scoobynet!

They tried to charge us a large sum and we told them to stuff it. Their fault - if they don't check the meter etc then it's downt o them.
They did that with may Gran; She had a dual rate metre, but both rates are the same tarrif as she's no longer on eco7 (we installed gas central heating a few years back).

The meter stopped working. First thing we knew about it was it started making 'boinging' noises when I walked past the outside bin store where its housed. Stupid thing is during this period the meter was checked twice by a meter reader.

Upon replacement of the meter the fitter was spot on; he realised that she no longer needed a dual rate metre and likely to never need one. But the supplier demanded him to fit a dual rate one. The problem is bills for dual rate meters on a single rate tarrifs are a confusing as hell, so it makes no sense to fit another one in a property that will never have dual rate electric ever again, as its not even wired for stoarge heaters anymore.

Fitter worked it out though: He magically 'ran out' of dual rate meters and the last one he had was 'faulty'. So managed to get them to agree to fit a single rate unit, which he had plenty of.
Old 02 September 2011, 08:04 AM
Wish
Scooby Regular

I was with BG years ago, but it all became too much. There customer service was terrible and when something went wrong it was impossible to get fixed.
Not to mention the 30 min wait to speak to someone.

Changed to EDF and couldnt believe how good there CS was. And a free phone number to boot.
Old 02 September 2011, 09:51 AM
2000 sport
Scooby Regular

EDF fixed in my area is cheaper than any other the other tarrifs.. or at least it was about 3 months ago when I fxed mine. My bills have gone down a chunk from what I was paying on a non-fixed
Old 02 September 2011, 12:15 PM
stilover
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Wish
I only today fixed my gas and electric until march 2014

Having watched watchdog tonight I now think I've feked up. As it looks like retail price of both is the highest it's ever been and trade markets are at a 4 year low.

Im with EDF .......

I really thought I was doing the right thing but now think should switch back in the cooling off period. Part of my decision is that EDF hasnt it it's price up unlike another company who went up 18% in the last month .....

HELP !
Gas & Electricity prices will only go one way....... UP.

Same as Petrol. £1 a litre will always be history.
Old 02 September 2011, 06:42 PM
Darrell@Scoobyworx
Authorised Trader

Just back on to the original subject area does affect price but due to edf been the only company to yet increase their prices they are the cheapest fixed deal in any area and by small amount sin some and large amounts in others. And certainly is the best deal.

I spend 4 days a week working for Eon trying to talk people out of changing to edf believe me i know the score when it comes to gas and electric at the minute lol

EDF have also just been crowned worse company for customer service and have even been rated orse than npower. But thats because they are getting too many customers due to been the cheapest deals and not increased call center staff accordingly hence a 2 hour wait time on average to get through.

Last edited by Darrell@Scoobyworx; 04 September 2011 at 12:24 PM.
Old 03 September 2011, 11:19 AM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

That woman who was trying to justify why prices are going up when the cost price is going down was certainly on a losing wicket to say the least!

Les
Old 03 September 2011, 12:09 PM
PaulC72
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by BarnsleyScooby
Just back on to the original subject are does affect price but due to edf been the only company to yet increase their prices they are the cheapest fixed deal in any area and by small amount sin some and large amounts in others. And certainly is the best deal.

I spend 4 days a week working for Eon trying to talk people out of changing to edf believe me i know the score when it comes to gas and electric at the lol

EDF have also just been crowned worse company for customer service and have even been rated orse than npower. But thats because they are getting too many customers due to been the cheapest deals and not increased call center staff accordingly hence a 2 hour wait time on average to get through.
No staff discount then?
Old 04 September 2011, 12:25 PM
Darrell@Scoobyworx
Authorised Trader

Originally Posted by PaulC72
No staff discount then?
Yes staff discount rate is worse than our cheapest online deals and way worse than edf's
Old 04 September 2011, 01:05 PM
PaulC72
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by BarnsleyScooby
Yes staff discount rate is worse than our cheapest online deals and way worse than edf's
So much for staff loyalty lol.
Old 05 September 2011, 08:07 PM
Darrell@Scoobyworx
Authorised Trader

They dont know what staff loyalty is lol, We do get a £150 bonus at xmas if we are with eon but when they are £300 deerer in the first place