Prisoners painted room for ex-minister Jacqui Smith

Search this Thread

Old 25 August 2011, 12:14 PM
Chip
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Prisoners painted room for ex-minister Jacqui Smith

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-14648111

I think I'll get a few around here soon as we're thinking of having a new colour scheme in the lounge
Old 25 August 2011, 12:20 PM
Myles
Scooby Regular

Oh dear, oh dear, oh deary dear. Tut tut, what abuse of the system. Did she let them watch a few of her husband's bongo movies over their lunch break?
Old 25 August 2011, 12:26 PM
RA Dunk
Scooby Regular

Personally I don't see what the problem is, I would rather see them doing some kind (any kind) of work rather than sitting in prison playing their Xboxes.
Old 25 August 2011, 12:28 PM
Cammy5106
Scooby Regular

No shock shower of arseholes MP's least she never had them cleaning he moat out too
Old 25 August 2011, 12:28 PM
RobsyUK
Scooby Regular

Received 183 Likes on 141 Posts

Originally Posted by RA Dunk
Personally I don't see what the problem is, I would rather see them doing some kind (any kind) of work rather than sitting in prison playing their Xboxes.
Totally agree.. They wanna do mine?
Old 25 August 2011, 12:29 PM
J4CKO
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yep, so what, bet they made a right ***** of it, then drank all her booze and raided her pants drawer and left her with a crusty gusset.
Old 25 August 2011, 12:31 PM
Ryan@Indigo-GT
Former Sponsor

Gotta love the Sun newspaper, the most important story in the United Kingdom is that a politician had some convicts paint in her house, I'm so pleased to be living in a country where that's the most important thing on everyone's mind.
Old 25 August 2011, 12:32 PM
RA Dunk
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by J4CKO
raided her pants drawer and left her with a crusty gusset.
Ewwwww.
Old 25 August 2011, 12:34 PM
RA Dunk
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Ryan@Indigo-GT
Gotta love the Sun newspaper, the most important story in the United Kingdom is that a politician had some convicts paint in her house, I'm so pleased to be living in a country where that's the most important thing on everyone's mind.
Why would you even want to buy that paper full of useless **** anyway?
Old 25 August 2011, 12:47 PM
danos14
Scooby Regular

bang out of order, if she want her house painted she should do it herself or paysome like everyone else.... your taxes keep the prisoners so you have basically paid for her house to be painted.

I have to paint my house because I cannot afford to pay someone, why should my taxes pay for her bloody house to be painted.
Old 25 August 2011, 12:53 PM
RA Dunk
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by danos14
why should my taxes pay for her bloody house to be painted.
Your taxes are paying for those two scum bags to sit in a cell and play games along with free meals, I'm much happier now knowing they had to work for their meal on that day.
Old 25 August 2011, 01:00 PM
fivetide
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by danos14
bang out of order, if she want her house painted she should do it herself or paysome like everyone else.... your taxes keep the prisoners so you have basically paid for her house to be painted.

I have to paint my house because I cannot afford to pay someone, why should my taxes pay for her bloody house to be painted.
Did you even bother to read it?

They were seconded to a charity that finds work for convicts as part of the rehabilitation. There was nothing else for them to do and she made a donation to the charity. They didn't get paid and your taxes didn't pay for anything.

As above, I'd rather they sent them out doing work than kept them in their private gym or playing Xbox all day.

5t.

Last edited by fivetide; 25 August 2011 at 01:01 PM.
Old 25 August 2011, 01:39 PM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

Very stupid of her to use their services under such circumstances. Very nice to get a bit of free labour to do your decorating of course bur how on earth did she imagine she would get away with it and the consequent accusations which will go with it.

Just underlines her incompetence and lack of any kind of good sense.

Les
Old 25 August 2011, 02:55 PM
jonc
Scooby Regular

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

Your taxes are paying for those two scum bags to sit in a cell and play games along with free meals, I'm much happier now knowing they had to work for their meal on that day.
Even for a corrupt polititian? Community service is just that, for the community, not for abuse so that a polititian can get cheap labour for her private home that has no benefit for the community. I would rather they go back to their cells and have that polititian legitimately pay for work to a local painter decorator business that needs the revenue to survive in this economy.

Last edited by jonc; 25 August 2011 at 02:57 PM.
Old 25 August 2011, 03:06 PM
jonc
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Leslie
Very stupid of her to use their services under such circumstances. Very nice to get a bit of free labour to do your decorating of course bur how on earth did she imagine she would get away with it and the consequent accusations which will go with it.

Just underlines her incompetence and lack of any kind of good sense.

Les
Exactly, you'd have to enquire as to whether there were convicts doing community service available to do the work she wanted. The charity wouldn't go around offering convicts to work in private homes, clearly she approached the charity and abused her standing as a parlimentarian to get cheap labour.
Old 25 August 2011, 03:25 PM
legb4rsk
Scooby Regular

Location: If you're not braking or accelerating you're wasting time.

Clear abuse of the system.No one running the scheme knew about them being 'seconded' to do a private job at her house.We only have her word that 'they had nothing else to do' which infers that all the pensioners houses & community based premises must have immaculate paintwork.

These idiots are so far out of touch they still can't see we are on to them so they treat us with utter disdain.

They are a bad(worse?) than the looters in that they choose to ignore the rules when it suits THEM!

If there's any justice left,maybe I will have a chance to talk to her about her actions when she comes round to paint properties in my area.
Old 25 August 2011, 04:41 PM
David Lock
Scooby Regular

Give her a break FFS. She did actually pay a contribution but of course this doesn't get reported. And do you really think she did this to save a couple of hundred quid?

I actually felt rather sorry for her as I had some community service workers imposed on me when I was refurbishing an old people's centre. Appalling work, badly supervised and I had to re-do most of the botched work myself.

dl
Old 25 August 2011, 04:49 PM
jonc
Scooby Regular

We all at some point or another have donated to charity, but that's the thing with charity, we generally don't expect anything back. Clearly she "contributed" to the charity either for cheap labour or out of conscience.
Old 25 August 2011, 04:56 PM
SJ_Skyline
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by jonc
We all at some point or another have donated to charity, but that's the thing with charity, we generally don't expect anything back. Clearly she "contributed" to the charity either for cheap labour or out of conscience.
...or because she was caught red handed and was about to be shamed into it.
Old 25 August 2011, 05:45 PM
danos14
Scooby Regular

Even for a corrupt polititian? Community service is just that, for the community, not for abuse so that a polititian can get cheap labour for her private home that has no benefit for the community. I would rather they go back to their cells and have that polititian legitimately pay for work to a local painter decorator business that needs the revenue to survive in this economy.
Thats exactly the point.

Thats the thing, I did read it and she gave a donation... whoo hooo.
bet it didnt cover the costs.

My taxes did pay for it, what do you think paid for the supervision, organisation etc.... our taxes.... it doesnt happen for free. The taxes pay for them to be in jail and then at the same time they pay for them to be out.
Old 26 August 2011, 09:04 PM
jonc
Scooby Regular

The donation to the charity amounted to some plants taken from her house to be used as part of a pond restoration project.
Old 26 August 2011, 09:24 PM
jods
Scooby Senior

Exclamation

Originally Posted by David Lock
Give her a break FFS. She did actually pay a contribution but of course this doesn't get reported. And do you really think she did this to save a couple of hundred quid?

I actually felt rather sorry for her as I had some community service workers imposed on me when I was refurbishing an old people's centre. Appalling work, badly supervised and I had to re-do most of the botched work myself.

dl
Well - let's just remind ourselves of the claims put in for a few pence by the money grubbing scumbags. She was on her high horse thinking she could get a job done for next to nothing because she is far more worthy than the rest of us. I'd bet a £1 to a penny that the amount she "donated" was nowhere near a commercial rate for the job. So in a nutshell - she gets a job done for next to nowt on her property whereas the rest of us common people either have to do it ourselves or pay a legitimate trade rate for the job. I wouldn't be surprised if she claimed relief on the amount she handed over as it was to a charity.

Stinks.

Good news is that she's out of politics.

Biatch.
Old 26 August 2011, 09:34 PM
deepy
Scooby Regular

Anyone know of a good scooby mechanic doing a bit of day release work in the community?

If he brings a ladder he can have a few apples as payment.
Old 26 August 2011, 09:35 PM
CrisPDuk
Scooby Regular

To be honest I'm happy to let her have that, purely because she gave me the image of the last election

The look on her face when she realised she'd lost her seat on the gravy train was priceless
Old 26 August 2011, 09:43 PM
J4CKO
Scooby Regular

Ewwwww.
Sorry, should have read as Crustier.
Old 26 August 2011, 10:41 PM
jods
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by CrisPDuk
To be honest I'm happy to let her have that, purely because she gave me the image of the last election

The look on her face when she realised she'd lost her seat on the gravy train was priceless
This one?

Old 26 August 2011, 11:02 PM
CrisPDuk
Scooby Regular

Oh yeah

I loved the fact that as the BBC showed it live, the cameraman zoomed in on her as the result was announced
Old 26 August 2011, 11:02 PM
David Lock
Scooby Regular

Just to let you know I don't actually like Jacqui Smith. It's just that I think you lot are being a bit pettifogging!

dl
Old 26 August 2011, 11:07 PM
jods
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by David Lock

Just to let you know I don't actually like Jacqui Smith. It's just that I think you lot are being a bit pettifogging!

dl
David - It IS important and I do care about it.
Old 26 August 2011, 11:18 PM
madscoob
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

all well and good but think about it the bitch would of only claimed it on expences (paid for by us ) mp's dont even pay for bogroll let alone painters

Quick Reply: Prisoners painted room for ex-minister Jacqui Smith