Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Disgusting Scum

Search this Thread

Old 04 July 2011, 10:28 PM
Will
BANNED

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Disgusting Scum

I really hope that the NOTW gets shut down!!! Bast*rds!!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/mobile/uk-...1__CK12_14_15_

Old 04 July 2011, 10:32 PM
The Dogs B******s
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Not good that. W*nkers
Old 04 July 2011, 10:36 PM
skoobidude
Scooby Regular

Time for a custodial sentence I think. Newspapers are becoming a law to themselves
Old 05 July 2011, 12:37 AM
boxst
Scooby Regular

I never really saw the problem with hacking people's phones. If they were stupid enough to leave the passwords as default you are asking for trouble.

However, deleting messages and giving hope in this instance is very wrong and they should be prosecuted.

Steve
Old 05 July 2011, 07:42 AM
Steve vRS
Scooby Regular

I think the fundamental question is more telling on society.

The NOTW is one of the biggest (if not the biggest) selling newspapers in the country.

They do this kind of disgusting thing to get stories to sell more papers. And the public keep buying. I wonder if they will now stop.

Steve
Old 05 July 2011, 09:24 AM
markjmd
Scooby Regular

Received 70 Likes on 50 Posts

Although I'd agree they probably stand out as the worst, it's obviously not just the NOTW who think they're above the law:

Sun and Mirror in contempt case over Jo Yeates stories
Old 05 July 2011, 09:56 AM
hodgy0_2
Scooby Regular

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

if i was being uncharitable I would say written by scum for scum

never bought them, never will
Old 05 July 2011, 10:39 AM
belliott69
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by hodgy0_2
if i was being uncharitable I would say written by scum for scum

never bought them, never will
so i'm scum now for reading the Sun and NOTW, wow didn't know that cheers for telling me.

Anyway i'll be honest, i haven't been fussed by the usual stories of the phone hackings, but this story has really shown that they stepped over the mark. A poor young girl was missing at the time and the papers thought it would be good to check her voicemails to hear how upset her family was. Anyone know of any decent papers nowadays as i don't really feel like reading the sun and the NOTW at the minute.
Old 05 July 2011, 10:55 AM
warrenm2
Scooby Regular

Asked for a reaction to the News Of The World hacking case, Ed Miliband said "These strikes were wrong at a time when negotiations were still going on...."
Old 05 July 2011, 10:57 AM
f1_fan
Scooby Regular

Nothing serious will happen to any newspaper, the press are untouchable in this country for some reason. Journalists are for the most part scum...... like politicians... hence why nothing will happen!
Old 05 July 2011, 11:16 AM
RA Dunk
Scooby Regular

I was on a Oil rig recently which had a serious fire on it a few years ago and people were being evacuated by helicopter to other platforms in the area as a safety precauton, the media somehow got wind of this and started calling the rig by telephone pretending to be the coastguard looking for any information they could get.
Old 05 July 2011, 11:25 AM
Chip
Scooby Regular

That is terrible

Chip
Old 05 July 2011, 11:29 AM
tony de wonderful
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by f1_fan
Nothing serious will happen to any newspaper, the press are untouchable in this country for some reason. Journalists are for the most part scum...... like politicians... hence why nothing will happen!
The press are not above the law no, but certainly the press complaints commission can be improved.

I'm not really sure what you mean 'untouchable' though, if you are saying that the press should be subservient to Politicians, then that is a recipe for authoritarianism, yeah works really well in the middle east/Arab countries right?

The press should never be controlled by the government.
Old 05 July 2011, 11:42 AM
f1_fan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by tony de wonderful
The press are not above the law no, but certainly the press complaints commission can be improved.

I'm not really sure what you mean 'untouchable' though, if you are saying that the press should be subservient to Politicians, then that is a recipe for authoritarianism, yeah works really well in the middle east/Arab countries right?

The press should never be controlled by the government.
No, but they break the law repeatedly with their methods and blatant lies and then when they get taken to court they get fined an amount much less than any profit they made through their lying and the whole sorry process starts again.

Remember when NOTW (I think it was) photoshopped the British troops committing atrocities against Iraqi detainees.... I would have given them a fine so large it would have put them out of business... and one that would make any other paper think twice in future.....instead they got a slap on the wrist and the press continue to peddle their lies and agendas!
Old 05 July 2011, 11:48 AM
tony de wonderful
Scooby Regular

No, but they break the law repeatedly with their methods and blatant lies and then when they get taken to court they get fined an amount much less than any profit they made through their lying and the whole sorry process starts again.

Remember when NOTW (I think it was) photoshopped the British troops committing atrocities against Iraqi detainees.... I would have given them a fine so large it would have put them out of business... and one that would make any other paper think twice in future.....instead they got a slap on the wrist and the press continue to peddle their lies and agendas!
NOTW has an agenda to sell papers, if you are saying the press has some sort of common political agenda then I hope your tin foil hats fits well.

The whole point of a free press is to STOP the press becoming a monopoly to a particular political agenda.
Old 05 July 2011, 12:11 PM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

NOTW has an agenda to sell papers, if you are saying the press has some sort of common political agenda then I hope your tin foil hats fits well.

The whole point of a free press is to STOP the press becoming a monopoly to a particular political agenda.
Are you saying that it is acceptable then for the paper concerned to hire a private investigator to hack into Milly Dowler's mobile phone. Do you actually consider that is decent and justiable behaviour?

I wish I could feel that our weak as water politicians have got the bottle to stand up to these people and hang them out to dry as they say.

Les
Old 05 July 2011, 12:29 PM
Dr Hu
Scooby Regular

Received 24 Likes on 23 Posts

I personally would not shed a single tear if ANY of the 'red tops' disappeared without trace....

They cause more trouble than they are worth....

Its them generally thats caused the 'celebrity culture', lets get rich quick lifestyle IMHO.
Old 05 July 2011, 12:57 PM
f1_fan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Leslie
Are you saying that it is acceptable then for the paper concerned to hire a private investigator to hack into Milly Dowler's mobile phone. Do you actually consider that is decent and justiable behaviour?

I wish I could feel that our weak as water politicians have got the bottle to stand up to these people and hang them out to dry as they say.

Les
Well said
Old 05 July 2011, 01:05 PM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Les
+2
Old 05 July 2011, 01:27 PM
J4CKO
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I wont be buying it again, horrible rag anyway, obsessed with sleaze and really as a nation we should be ashamed of it, they are taking real liberties with peoples privacy and are prepared to stoop to any level to get the scoop and then pontificate about other peoples morality on their pages, is this the same paper that campaigned for Sarahs law and the same one that tries to get topless (or worse) pictures of young celebrities the minute they turn sixteen ?

The old spitting image puppets for tabloid "journalists" were pretty accurate.
Old 05 July 2011, 01:32 PM
tony de wonderful
Scooby Regular

No and why would you think I would think that?

Les
No if it is a criminal matter then the Police should deal with it, that last think we want is Politicians on a 'morality crusade' telling the press what they can and cannot write. Remember that politicians are NOT politically neutral and it would make our press no longer 'free' but under the heels of those with political agendas.
Old 05 July 2011, 01:55 PM
JTaylor
Scooby Regular

No and why would you think I would think that?

No if it is a criminal matter then the Police should deal with it, that last think we want is Politicians on a 'morality crusade' telling the press what they can and cannot write. Remember that politicians are NOT politically neutral and it would make our press no longer 'free' but under the heels of those with political agendas.
Yep, it's a legal issue and I'd like them to be given the maximum possible punishment within remit.
Old 05 July 2011, 01:56 PM
Blue by You
Scooby Regular

Whoever did the actual hacking needs to serve some time behind bars, and a humongous fine levied against NOTW and the proceeds placed at the disposal of Millie's parents. It won't bring their daughter back but I'm sure they'll find a good use for the money even if they choose to give it to a charity.
Old 05 July 2011, 02:22 PM
Will
BANNED

Didn't Piers Morgan do something similar in the Daily Fail? And then they sacked him.
Old 05 July 2011, 02:25 PM
f1_fan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Will
Didn't Piers Morgan do something similar in the Daily Fail? And then they sacked him.
Yes it was Piers Morgan, but didn't think it was the Daily Mail.
Old 05 July 2011, 02:47 PM
warrenm2
Scooby Regular

Yes it was Piers Morgan, but didn't think it was the Daily Mail.
Daily Mirror
Old 06 July 2011, 10:26 AM
Blue by You
Scooby Regular

Any one surprised by the latest revelations/allegations of phone hacking?
Millie Dowler.
Holly Wells & Jessica Chapman
Victims of 7/7

How low will they stoop?

Scum indeed.
Old 06 July 2011, 11:54 AM
ALi-B
Support Scoobynet!

Received 301 Likes on 240 Posts

Originally Posted by hutton_d
More here ... http://hat4uk.wordpress.com/2011/07/...loses-control/ ... shame that it's taken the 'kiddie' angle to get people interested as this 'hacking' saga has been going on for years.

Dave

What makes it worse is the Police corruption; During the Labour rule even Prescott was silenced into toeing the line despite being a victim of it.

Police invetigations mysteriously stopped. Yet today, evidence of the hacking was already in police hands, and had been for years....yet nothing was done. Everything just went very quiet.

Someone somewhere supressed that investigation and put it on ice. Was it an associate of Murdoch? Was it a Labour peer in Murdoch's pocket? Was it the upper ranks of the Police in the pocket of Murdoch?

What is interesting is it only started gaining steam during this present Con/Dem government; What happened differently now to make the investigation go ahead where before it just 'stopped'. As far as I see it we have a different goverenment leadership, but people in charge of everything else is the same. So why now? What else changed barring the government? Was it indeed the change in government that made the difference? And if so, was it because of corruption in the former government?

This goes far deeper than the morals of hacking the phone of a dead teenager. It goes straight to the top of the NOTW and its owners who up until recently flatly denied anything happened and only just now admitting and co-operating (damage limitation? ), it also highlights corruption in the higher ranks of our police, and our politicians.

Editors need to go to jail. Ignorance is not an excuse; and those excuses were a lie anyway. Same with police officials that halted the original investigations. Doubt that'll happen though

Quick Reply: Disgusting Scum