Shocking.

Search this Thread

Old 01 July 2011, 07:52 AM
FlightMan
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Shocking.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-13984512

'Official figures suggest almost 90% of the 400,000 jobs created in the UK in the past year went to foreign workers.'

What a sad state of affairs.
Old 01 July 2011, 08:04 AM
bigsinky
Scooby Regular

because the feckless uk "youf" wont work in maccy d's for minimum wage. they seem to think the country owes them a living.
Old 01 July 2011, 08:05 AM
dpb
Scooby Regular

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Remove the temptation to rely on the state and maybe the home grown sponger will have to do something !

Your foreign migrants family back home simply wouldnt put up with this sort of slackness cos they require his hard earned
Old 01 July 2011, 08:35 AM
boxst
Scooby Regular

Yes, although this is true ..

"...They expect young people to come forward to them who are able to read, write, communicate and have a strong work ethic and too often that's not the case," he said...."
Old 01 July 2011, 08:49 AM
tony de wonderful
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by bigsinky
because the feckless uk "youf" wont work in maccy d's for minimum wage. they seem to think the country owes them a living.
But statistics show Muslims are more likely to claim benefits that anyone else.

How many immigrants are just coming here as benefit tourists? Not all comes here to work hard that is for sure.
Old 01 July 2011, 08:50 AM
J4CKO
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Also, I think that the foreign workers are happy just to be here and to have work, am fairly sure there is a lot of indolence in our youth but I think the foreign workers, initially think that the money is great but they will get to the same way of thinking and want more.

I think a lot of it is that these workers will work for very little, probably below minimum wage in some cases, some of this will be businesses just trying to keep afloat but I expect there are a lot of very nice lifestyles and success paid for off cheap foreign labour, success the taxpayer ends up paying for as we end up footing the bill for the handouts and accomodation the foreign workers get.

There does seem to be a lot of laziness in our youth, go to any hotel in the UK and the front desks, waiting staff and maids tend to be eastern european, when I check in nowadays I get really anxious if I dont get a nice warm greeting from a moon faced blonde girl called Magda, they do tend to work bloody hard as well, our lot seem to be lurking round having many babies, so ironically the foreigners are probably contributing more to our GDP than the natives, as they end up just doing the take take take, no thought to wider society and the bottom line.

I dont understand how any kid who doesnt have severe learning difficulties can leave school without being able to read or write, I really dont, turn up every day somewhere for 13 years to be taught and it must be a real challenge to learn that little, but thats the problem, they dont turn up and f*ck about then wonder why the rest of the world has nice things.
Old 01 July 2011, 08:53 AM
J4CKO
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by tony de wonderful

How many immigrants are just coming here as benefit tourists? Not all comes here to work hard that is for sure.
Someone will tell you to change the record but it does seem to be the case, but you do find that Muslims do have a strong work ethic, look at the majority of small shops owned and run by Muslims, Curry houses and Taxis, they do work hard but they do tend to be pretty clever and claim as well, dont hate the players, hate the game !
Old 01 July 2011, 08:55 AM
tony de wonderful
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by J4CKO
Also, I think that the foreign workers are happy just to be here and to have work, am fairly sure there is a lot of indolence in our youth but I think the foreign workers, initially think that the money is great but they will get to the same way of thinking and want more.

I think a lot of it is that these workers will work for very little, probably below minimum wage in some cases, some of this will be businesses just trying to keep afloat but I expect there are a lot of very nice lifestyles and success paid for off cheap foreign labour, success the taxpayer ends up paying for as we end up footing the bill for the handouts and accomodation the foreign workers get.

There does seem to be a lot of laziness in our youth, go to any hotel in the UK and the front desks, waiting staff and maids tend to be eastern european, when I check in nowadays I get really anxious if I dont get a nice warm greeting from a moon faced blonde girl called Magda, they do tend to work bloody hard as well, our lot seem to be lurking round having many babies, so ironically the foreigners are probably contributing more to our GDP than the natives, as they end up just doing the take take take, no thought to wider society and the bottom line.

I dont understand how any kid who doesnt have severe learning difficulties can leave school without being able to read or write, I really dont, turn up every day somewhere for 13 years to be taught and it must be a real challenge to learn that little, but thats the problem, they dont turn up and f*ck about then wonder why the rest of the world has nice things.
Well immigrants are just eastern euro, and they are not full time immigrants in the sense they have come here and claimed citizenship, they are just transient EU workers.

Lots of our full time immigrants seem to come from 3rd world places where a work ethic is not present. Pakistan, Somalia etc.
Old 01 July 2011, 10:01 AM
f1_fan
Scooby Regular

Even if that is true it only needs a number of employers with your entrenched out of date views to see whay that may be
Old 01 July 2011, 10:02 AM
dpb
Scooby Regular

Well immigrants are just eastern euro, and they are not full time immigrants in the sense they have come here and claimed citizenship, they are just transient EU workers.

Lots of our full time immigrants seem to come from 3rd world places where a work ethic is not present. Pakistan, Somalia etc.
I honestly often wonder whether you live in the real world,have stepped out of your bedroom in the last 20 years
Old 01 July 2011, 10:13 AM
tony de wonderful
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by J4CKO
Someone will tell you to change the record but it does seem to be the case, but you do find that Muslims do have a strong work ethic, look at the majority of small shops owned and run by Muslims, Curry houses and Taxis, they do work hard but they do tend to be pretty clever and claim as well, dont hate the players, hate the game !
LOL so now you are saying Muslims are all benefit fraudsters?

Anyway the statistics also said Muslims are less likely to be in employed.

Does the 'game' include whiplash claims in Bradford?

Cheating is not a work ethic BTW.

Just offering a different POV than the usual one that it's all 'white trash' that claim benefits and don't work.
Old 01 July 2011, 10:17 AM
tony de wonderful
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by f1_fan
Even if that is true it only needs a number of employers with your entrenched out of date views to see whay that may be
?

Northern Euro countries have cultural discipline...maybe to do with cold climates and industrialisation but also have the whole Protestant salvation through work thing going on, you go to most 3rd world Muslim countries and it's not like that...people do the bare minimum, maybe to do with economic lack of opportunities and but it's partly cultural.
Old 01 July 2011, 12:04 PM
bigsinky
Scooby Regular

i disagree, they have shops and pirate ships
Old 01 July 2011, 12:10 PM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

I've never seen any foreign workers in local McDonalds. Always young lads n lasses with english as their first language.
Old 01 July 2011, 12:47 PM
classic Subaru Si
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by chocolate_o_brian
I've never seen any foreign workers in local McDonalds. Always young lads n lasses with english as their first language.
you've never been to Manchester then mate? not a white face in sight in Maccy's nowadays - I pulled up at the drive through the other week at about 1 in the morning, no bugger about - The ******* inside had cranked up the music and was playing some reggie hip hop type **** and they were all boucing around inside (staff only) Put my window down to order my 'food' and this guy could hardly understand what I was saying - looked stoned out of his little mind
Old 01 July 2011, 12:55 PM
dunx
Scooby Senior

1. Benefit society, it's the Governments fault.
2. We have an ( EX- ) African cleaner who gets everything on a plate so he only works 15 hours a week, and rakes in the benefits for his family, and is given a nice house too !
3. And now the birth rate is climbing because of the 1 & 2.

You are all shafted, I'm too old to care...

dunx
Old 01 July 2011, 01:00 PM
tony de wonderful
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by dunx
1. Benefit society, it's the Governments fault.
2. We have an ( EX- ) African cleaner who gets everything on a plate so he only works 15 hours a week, and rakes in the benefits for his family, and is given a nice house too !
3. And now the birth rate is climbing because of the 1 & 2.

You are all shafted, I'm too old to care...

dunx
Exactly, a welfare state combined with open borders is a disaster in the making.

Most lefty do-gooder types don't realise that for many people in the 3rd world, the idea of subsisting on the welfare state is a paradise. Nobody starves here, you can live quite easily with no-strings attached. Compare that with an existence with no safety net, no guarantee of food or shelter. It's the law of the jungle in these countries.
Old 01 July 2011, 01:19 PM
dpb
Scooby Regular

No your wrong , virtually Everybody realises this .

What you cant seem to grasp is that these people have people back home to provide for
- theyre not going to sit on ***** relying on the state
Old 01 July 2011, 01:34 PM
FlightMan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by dpb

What you cant seem to grasp is that these people have people back home to provide for

Or they bring them here and get the state to provide for an entire family.
Old 01 July 2011, 01:59 PM
tony de wonderful
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by dpb

Do you have any evidence to support that?
Old 01 July 2011, 02:19 PM
classic Subaru Si
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by dpb

Fool.
Old 01 July 2011, 02:35 PM
kingofturds
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I was a supervisor in a factory and pre 2005 we could not fill job vacancies for jobs paying £8-£9 an hour. You used to get the odd layabout who would turn up from the job centre, then buggar off home after 3 hours but that was it.

When the Polish turned up it was a godsend, the only problem though was that now the company had unlimited labour wages started going down. Those £8 an hour jobs soon turned into £5 an hour jobs done by Polish. And the fact the Polish could work for that was because they were being bussed in from some grotty £70 a week bedsit.
Old 01 July 2011, 02:37 PM
PaulC72
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by dpb

Allot of visitors to this country either bring their entire family and claim welfare or come on their own to work.

Many of the shop owners and alike have 2 or more wives one who bears kids supported by his wage and the other who is supported by the state, he is obviously laughing all the day to the bank.

some even come here to claim as much as they can living rent free and send most of their benefit money back home while we support them.

all in all it is not their fault they are just using a system that is clearly old and broken after all if the system didn't allow it would they be doing it or even here?
Old 01 July 2011, 03:49 PM
tony de wonderful
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by foxarm
I was a supervisor in a factory and pre 2005 we could not fill job vacancies for jobs paying £8-£9 an hour. You used to get the odd layabout who would turn up from the job centre, then buggar off home after 3 hours but that was it.

When the Polish turned up it was a godsend, the only problem though was that now the company had unlimited labour wages started going down. Those £8 an hour jobs soon turned into £5 an hour jobs done by Polish. And the fact the Polish could work for that was because they were being bussed in from some grotty £70 a week bedsit.
Yes it's great for Capitalism, business leaders love it.

It's funny because globalisation was sold as something which would make everyone richer but it's just driving down the wages of westerners.

But we're supposed to welcome it still.
Old 01 July 2011, 04:41 PM
dpb
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by PaulC72
Allot of visitors to this country either bring their entire family and claim welfare or come on their own to work.

Many of the shop owners and alike have 2 or more wives one who bears kids supported by his wage and the other who is supported by the state, he is obviously laughing all the day to the bank.

some even come here to claim as much as they can living rent free and send most of their benefit money back home while we support them.

all in all it is not their fault they are just using a system that is clearly old and broken after all if the system didn't allow it would they be doing it or even here?
No indeed its not their fault ,they live theyre claiming so therefore they mus be legal ,

The rest irrelevent speculation im afriad - as you say its the system thats at fault.

and good luck to them if they can afford to send any back home after caring for the 'hoardes' they produce here !

Last edited by dpb; 01 July 2011 at 04:43 PM.
Old 01 July 2011, 04:49 PM
StickyMicky
Scooby Regular

This!
Old 01 July 2011, 04:54 PM
madscoob
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Do you have any evidence to support that?
figures speak for themselves , best estimate 22.5 million every week sent abroad in bank transfers . thats mostly child benefit money as they can claim for children that don't even live here , after 12 months they can claim working tax credit and childrens tax credit as well . fact not fiction a mate shared a house in this country with a polish bloke and he said , i quote , i work here 5years send enough money home to buy house when i go back . now i have 3 kids and pay £128 quid a month tax but get back £206 every 4 weeks in child benefit , if they are doing or earning roughly the same could someone please point out how they are contributing to our society , cos they aint spending the money here are they
Old 01 July 2011, 05:05 PM
dpb
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by madscoob
figures speak for themselves , best estimate 22.5 million every week sent abroad in bank transfers . thats mostly child benefit money as they can claim for children that don't even live here , after 12 months they can claim working tax credit and childrens tax credit as well . fact not fiction a mate shared a house in this country with a polish bloke and he said , i quote , i work here 5years send enough money home to buy house when i go back . now i have 3 kids and pay £128 quid a month tax but get back £206 every 4 weeks in child benefit , if they are doing or earning roughly the same could someone please point out how they are contributing to our society , cos they aint spending the money here are they
Yes but you do realise Tonys contention is that theyre all from the 3rd world

- its eu that get away with the above , only

- blame our blessed eu integration
Old 01 July 2011, 05:37 PM
GlesgaKiss
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Yes it's great for Capitalism, business leaders love it.

It's funny because globalisation was sold as something which would make everyone richer but it's just driving down the wages of westerners.

But we're supposed to welcome it still.
Good for everyone as a whole.

Quick Reply: Shocking.