Africa population growth

Search this Thread

Old 10 June 2011, 05:52 PM
kingofturds
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Africa population growth

I just got charity mugged earlier in town by someone telling me that there are 88 million people starving in Ethiopia and urging me to donate £15 a month. Now when live aid was set up in the 1984 there were only 42 million people in Ethiopia.

So if they are all starving how can they double the population in around 25 years?
Old 10 June 2011, 06:02 PM
Brun
Scooby Senior

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

If they can't afford food there is no way they are gonna be able to buy jonnys - simples
Old 10 June 2011, 06:09 PM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Won't be long before the PC lefties are all over this and calling you all sorts of names...It's thier right remember, nothing to do with being responsible, nothing to do with looking around them at the poverty and death. One way of looking at it is the more kids they have the more chance some will survive - not very smart but what do you expect when there is little or no education.

The non PC and reality check answer - maybe stop having so many kids you cannot feed, cloth or look after and stop expecting the rest of the world to do it for you!

The PC answer is to keep giving, ignore the repeated problems and history repeating itself and ease your social conscience and make sure you shout down anyone who dares disagree!

I am sure someone will be along shortly to explain how it is all 'whities' fault no matter what the problem is in Africa...

Last edited by The Zohan; 10 June 2011 at 06:15 PM.
Old 10 June 2011, 06:17 PM
kingofturds
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by The Zohan
Won't be long before the PC lefties are all over this and calling you all sorts of names...It's thier right remember, nothing to do with being responsible, nothing to do with looking around them at the poverty and death. One way of looking at it is the more kids they have the more chance some will survive - not very smart but what do you expect when there is little or no education.

The non PC and reality check answer - maybe stop having so many kids you cannot feed, cloth or look after and stop expecting the rest of the world to do it for you!

The PC answer is to keep giving, ignore the repeated problems and history repeating itself and ease your social conscience and make sure you shout down anyone who dares disagree!

Not intended to be controversial just a simple observation . Especially since there is an advert on tv lately of a starving African woman with her days worth of food in her hands. At current growth rates the population is set to hit 2 billion by 2050, yet we are constantly being told that Africa is starving.
Old 10 June 2011, 06:20 PM
madscoob
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

they breed to survive based on the thought that if they have five kids 2 will survive to look after them in older age.
shame they dont adhear to my old mums advice when i moved out .
if you cant feed em dont breed em .
if you cant afford dont go overboard.
dont borrow it will end up in sorrow.
advice i have stuck to
Old 10 June 2011, 06:27 PM
Chip
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by madscoob
they breed to survive based on the thought that if they have five kids 2 will survive to look after them in older age.
shame they dont adhear to my old mums advice when i moved out .
if you cant feed em dont breed em .
if you cant afford dont go overboard.
dont borrow it will end up in sorrow.
advice i have stuck to
And when it came to girls the advice was : Be good and if you cant be good be careful

Chip
Old 10 June 2011, 06:37 PM
tony de wonderful
Scooby Regular

It's Europes problem though because they all flood here as illegals and asylum seekers.

Personally I think aid just perpetuates the problems of over-population. It makes the locals dependent and upsets the balance.

I don't talk to charity muggers and I resent the sentimental adverts on TV.

Trending Topics

Old 10 June 2011, 06:37 PM
tony de wonderful
Scooby Regular

It's Europes problem though because they all flood here as illegals and asylum seekers.

Personally I think aid just perpetuates the problems of over-population. It makes the locals dependent and upsets the balance.

I don't talk to charity muggers and I resent the sentimental adverts on TV.
Old 10 June 2011, 06:49 PM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by foxarm
Not intended to be controversial just a simple observation . Especially since there is an advert on tv lately of a starving African woman with her days worth of food in her hands. At current growth rates the population is set to hit 2 billion by 2050, yet we are constantly being told that Africa is starving.
I have no doubts you did not say write it with malice or causing a stir
Old 10 June 2011, 07:29 PM
what would scooby do
Scooby Senior

I got stopped by a chugger last week funnily enough, she said "Did you know that most Africans live on £2 a week"

I said "Well done,they obviously don't need my money then" and walked off...
Old 10 June 2011, 07:32 PM
jods
Scooby Senior

Talking

Originally Posted by what would scooby do
I got stopped by a chugger last week funnily enough, she said "Did you know that most Africans live on £2 a week"

I said "Well done,they obviously don't need my money then" and walked off...
Old 10 June 2011, 07:39 PM
RA Dunk
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by The Zohan

I am sure someone will be along shortly to explain how it is all 'whities' fault no matter what the problem is in Africa...
Well put.
Old 10 June 2011, 08:50 PM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

Around the time of Live Aid, Iremember seeing a programme about the famine in Ethiopia. It had been going on then for eight years.

They showed a young woman who had walked hundreds of miles to get to an aid camp.........bringing her EIGHT children, aged from nought to eight, with her.

So......one every year despite the famine?

HOWEVER: and it is a BIG however, the problem is often with the African MAN who treats sex as his right. This is one of the major reasons for the huge population growth AND the speard of AIDS and other diseases.
Old 10 June 2011, 09:01 PM
mattvortex
Scooby Regular

I thought if you were starving, you had no energy- that lot **** like there fed like kings!
Old 10 June 2011, 09:07 PM
hodgy0_2
Scooby Regular

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Food shortages look like they could get worse -- we may see the £50 pizza along with the £25.00 gallon of petrol soon, so we could well see a population reduction

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-13688683

"The same financial firms that drove us into a global recession by inflating the real estate bubble through risky financial manoeuvres are now doing the same with the world's food supply,"