Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Anyone made a claim with Royal Mail for lost post?

Search this Thread

Old 07 June 2011, 11:31 AM
EddScott
Scooby Regular

Received 64 Likes on 32 Posts
Default Anyone made a claim with Royal Mail for lost post?

I ordered some RC parts on 23rd May which were shipped to me on the 27th May. The shop used 1st class recorded post and the total price was £85.

Today I called the shop as the items haven't arrived and was told that some of their parcels have gone missing and they've got RM and the Police involved.

I was given a couple of options - wait until after 15 working days and make a claim if they haven't arrived. Or re-order the same parts and the shop will refund me if the parts arrive and I send them back or start the claim process with RM.

Now I'm pretty sure the shop is straight. Theres a few bad words about them on the net but then all the RC online shops have a few negative comments. Mildly concerned I'm now £170 into the same shop but time will tell.

My biggest concern is RM. How is their claim process? Slow and unreliable is what I'm assuming. I assume recorded delivery covers the £85? Looked on the site and it says total loss.
Old 07 June 2011, 11:33 AM
davyboy
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Isn't the responsibilty on the sender?

I sent an item that I sold on ebay that never arrived, and I had to issue a refund and then set about claiming myself.

You can only claim a maximum of about 45 quid for recorded.
Old 07 June 2011, 01:22 PM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

You can hover pay for extra insurance with RM if you wish-not cheap as you might expect of course.

These days I would never risk sending anything important unless it was recorded post. If you can't prove posting you are in dead stuck!

Les
Old 07 June 2011, 01:29 PM
Gear Head
Scooby Regular

It's the shops responcibility , not yours.
As stated, RM will only give you upto £45.
You ordered the parts and they have not arrived.
The shop needs to sort it out.
Old 07 June 2011, 01:32 PM
EddScott
Scooby Regular

Received 64 Likes on 32 Posts

Just called the shop to confirm what they do if the items don't arrive. If after 15 working days the items don't arrive they will refund me in full and they will make the claim with RM.

Happier now I know I should be getting my money back if it doesn't arrive. 6 working days so far and never usually had 1st class take this long. I've had items turn up from US, Japan, China and Kuwait in under 2 weeks recently.
Old 07 June 2011, 01:33 PM
kingofturds
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

If the parts were sent via standard recorded delivery the shop will only be able to claim £45. That's their problem though not yours and they should refund you the money.
Old 07 June 2011, 02:08 PM
bazzabugs
Scooby Regular

The only trace on recorded delivery is when its been delivered. The best way to send items with high value is with special delivery its Guaranteed next day delivery.It is tracked from the time it posted or collected.I only ever use special delivery if its important or of high value.Like people have said its down to the sender to claim not you.
Old 07 June 2011, 07:12 PM
Daryl
Scooby Senior

I had to make a claim when I sent a parcel to somebody that didn't arrive. It was fairly straightforward and they paid within a week. As others have said though, it's up to the sender to make a claim.
Old 07 June 2011, 10:56 PM
David Lock
Scooby Regular

The shop can claim 100 x First Class stamp value for a lost item if they have proof of posting and a stamped Certificate of Posting is fine for that.

Is it something that would go through a letter box? If not it's worth checking your local sorting office if they are holding on to it.

It would usually be the shop's responsibility to get the goods to you - or replace/refund if you don't get them.

dl