Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Teachers - wake up and smell the coffee!!

Search this Thread

Old 23 April 2011, 10:23 PM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Angry Teachers - wake up and smell the coffee!!

We all have had our Pensions reduced, we all have to work longer, we all have our lump sums reduced, we all have to learn to accept that things aren't as they were.

Why is it that the NUT remains rooted in the past? Why does it think that it's members are hard done by .... what, with their £35,000 basic salaries - £12,500 TLR payments (secured for 3 years even if they stop looking after the Notice Board or Bike Shed!!) - that's £47,500 for 26 hours directed time a week and 60 days holiday a year

Come on, bring it on - strike throughout August and see if we care!! ...... do it any other time and you are hurting the kids and that is bang out of order when greed is the driving force!!

It's time to wake up to the real world ... that's the place where we all live and you have never had to. You go from school to college to Uni to Teacher Training to school ..... not 1 hour done in the real world .................... well, I have news for you - the party is over, step up to the plate and stop talking strike action!!

Fact is, there are too many Teachers to go around these days ... sack the strikers forthwith!
Old 23 April 2011, 10:31 PM
mamoon2
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

About the most sensible thing i've ever heard you say old man
Old 23 April 2011, 10:37 PM
f1_fan
Scooby Regular

Got to agree there Pete. There was a teacher on the news this morning moaning that he can't retire in a couple of years like he wnated to... he is 51 FFS!!! He said he doesn't think he can teach in his old age
Old 23 April 2011, 10:47 PM
ditchmyster
Scooby Regular

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by pslewis
We all have had our Pensions reduced, we all have to work longer, we all have our lump sums reduced, we all have to learn to accept that things aren't as they were.

Why is it that the NUT remains rooted in the past? Why does it think that it's members are hard done by .... what, with their £35,000 basic salaries - £12,500 TLR payments (secured for 3 years even if they stop looking after the Notice Board or Bike Shed!!) - that's £47,500 for 26 hours directed time a week and 60 days holiday a year

Come on, bring it on - strike throughout August and see if we care!! ...... do it any other time and you are hurting the kids and that is bang out of order when greed is the driving force!!

It's time to wake up to the real world ... that's the place where we all live and you have never had to. You go from school to college to Uni to Teacher Training to school ..... not 1 hour done in the real world .................... well, I have news for you - the party is over, step up to the plate and stop talking strike action!!

Fact is, there are too many Teachers to go around these days ... sack the strikers forthwith!
Please tell me where they get £47,000 and only work 26 hours as my wife is a teacher and gets a lot less and works double the hours
Old 23 April 2011, 10:56 PM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

Pete, you REALY ARE jealous of teachers, aren't you?

Were you once put down by one? Made to feel small? Didn't do too well at school? Were you the class softy?
Or did you WANT to be a teacher, but couldn't do it?

I suggest you get help, mate, jealousy leads to bitterness and at your age............
Old 23 April 2011, 11:08 PM
s70rjw
Scooby Senior

Your second failed attempt at slating teachers. Move along, try the same with some other public service employees, fire service, police, ambulance staff?
Has your new car not given you something worthwhile to post about?
Maybe the fact we're not interested in 50 mpg is making you insecure?
You really do need to move on to attract a fresh audience
Old 23 April 2011, 11:14 PM
FlightMan
Scooby Regular

I've just read a post on another forum, a couple, he's a teacher, she's a nurse, combined income £55k. This guy reckons, with no promotions, they'll be on £75k in 5 years.

Aren't the Govt restricting public servants pay increases, or is that a smoke screen and the reason my tax has gone up?
Old 23 April 2011, 11:21 PM
dpb
Scooby Regular

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by alcazar
Pete, you REALY ARE jealous of teachers, aren't you?

Were you once put down by one? Made to feel small? Didn't do too well at school? Were you the class softy?
Or did you WANT to be a teacher, but couldn't do it?

I suggest you get help, mate, jealousy leads to bitterness and at your age............
its Father O'rielly hes had up him , in detention !
Old 23 April 2011, 11:26 PM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

Flightman:-

The Government has frozen Teachers pay for 2 years ..... or that's what they want you to believe - don't be taken in!!!!!

Remember that Teachers get an incremental payrise each and every year ... in ADDITION to the annual payrise to cover inflation - they will STILL GET the incremental payrise!

To those Teachers who are older and at the top of their payspine, that's U3 and £45,000 - these Teachers are getting TLR Payments for the most loose of reasons (to give them their payrise through the backdoor) ...... in the final analysis, don't get taken in by the pay freeze argument!

And, to the poster above ... ask your wife what her directed hours are - she has to say 26 hours a week, as that is what it is .... if they choose to do more then that's up to them.

Basically, a Teacher on UPS3 ... which is where they ALL get to within 7 years ... is on £45,000. They generally get a TLR of £12,500 - that's £57,500 for a CLASSROOM Teacher ...................... and STILL they want to go on strike??

It's NOT on!!
Old 23 April 2011, 11:29 PM
fatherpierre
Scooby Regular

Gone up by £10k in an hour.

I see what you mean.
Old 23 April 2011, 11:50 PM
JTaylor
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by fatherpierre
Gone up by £10k in an hour.

I see what you mean.
Old 24 April 2011, 12:45 AM
deanb1980
Scooby Regular

Flightman:-

The Government has frozen Teachers pay for 2 years ..... or that's what they want you to believe - don't be taken in!!!!!

Remember that Teachers get an incremental payrise each and every year ... in ADDITION to the annual payrise to cover inflation - they will STILL GET the incremental payrise!

To those Teachers who are older and at the top of their payspine, that's U3 and £45,000 - these Teachers are getting TLR Payments for the most loose of reasons (to give them their payrise through the backdoor) ...... in the final analysis, don't get taken in by the pay freeze argument!

And, to the poster above ... ask your wife what her directed hours are - she has to say 26 hours a week, as that is what it is .... if they choose to do more then that's up to them.

Basically, a Teacher on UPS3 ... which is where they ALL get to within 7 years ... is on £45,000. They generally get a TLR of £12,500 - that's £57,500 for a CLASSROOM Teacher ...................... and STILL they want to go on strike??

It's NOT on!!

epic fail again my wife is a teacher and she only gets a pay rise with inflation works from 7.30 till 6 5 days a week is that 26 hours nope think again and get your facts right before shouting your mouth off just because it says on there contract 37.5 hrs a week they cant work them hours as nothing will get done
Old 24 April 2011, 02:53 AM
fast bloke
Scooby Regular

which is where they ALL get to within 7 years ... is on £45,000.

you have this bit wrong, but I agree with the sentiment. Everyone else is feeling some pain. Why shouldn't they share
Old 24 April 2011, 02:55 AM
fast bloke
Scooby Regular

Smile

Originally Posted by deanb1980
epic fail again my wife is a teacher and she only gets a pay rise with inflation works from 7.30 till 6 5 days a week is that 26 hours nope think again and get your facts right before shouting your mouth off just because it says on there contract 37.5 hrs a week they cant work them hours as nothing will get done

She doesn't teach (you) English then?
Old 24 April 2011, 05:44 AM
ditchmyster
Scooby Regular

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by fast bloke
She doesn't teach (you) English then?
Educated women like real men

They tend not to go for the snotty nosed smart ar$e type

But you wouldn't know that
Old 24 April 2011, 08:54 AM
ScoobyDoo555
Scooby Regular

Pete - I wouldn't worry about it really. By the time these 51-year olds are retiring, you'll be dead, or in a home with p1ss all over your trousers.

Enjoy your retirement in your slow car, tackling consumer issues, with your Thai bride while you've still got an air of compos mentis

Oh, and Happy Easter
Old 24 April 2011, 09:19 AM
Jamie
Super Muppet

Originally Posted by mamoon2
About the most sensible thing i've ever heard you say old man

He is only 28
Old 24 April 2011, 09:34 AM
Chip
Scooby Regular

Simply not true,

Chip
Old 24 April 2011, 10:33 AM
J4CKO
Scooby Regular

The lady over the road was pensioned off with hearing problems in her early forties, not sure of the exact facts but it seems strange to put someone on a pension for perhaps 40 years at public expense, not saying she shouldn't get anything at all but cant see why they didn't find her an office job, plenty of actual deaf people work full time ?
Old 24 April 2011, 10:49 AM
BlueBugEye
Scooby Regular

Hmm, interesting reading here.

Teachers do get incremental pay increases up to a point then they hit the pay ceiling and pay increments are every 2 years depending on performance (pupil achievement) up to a total of 2 the max salary for a Classroom teacher is 36,756 after a minimum of 12 years employment.

Teaching and Learning Responsibilities are a bit more than looking after the noticeboards - for my TLR 2a (£2.5k per annum) I have to write all the schemes of work and lesson plans for Keystage 3 (that's 3 year groups) including administering the BTEC qualification for all year 9 pupils (250) in the school - approximately an additional 10 work hours per week.

Teachers pay is not inline with the public sector in anyway shape or form, and did you know that the life expectancy of teachers post retirement is one of the lowest?

Teachers and other public service workers have put up with the lower pay prospects because this is offset by the improved benefits (e.g. Pensions) either keep the benefits or improve the pay!

Most of my friends that I went to University with and gained the same qualification as me were working straight out of University while I had to complete another years training (on £6k a year) plus a years induction. These same friends are on average now earning around £5k and up to £20K more than me per year. They do not get sworn at on a daily basis nor do they work for around 2 hours a night when they get home from work or at least 1/2 a day of each weekend.

I'm not complaining about the pay I get I knew the situation when I came into the profession but the Pension was offsetting the pay - now they are taking that away and I for one am not happy, will I strike, probably not as my pupils come first and by striking I will only disadvantage them.
Old 24 April 2011, 11:15 AM
Will
BANNED

Teachers, i hate them with a passion!!! They should **** off to were they came fro.......

Oops, wrong thread!!

Old 24 April 2011, 12:28 PM
Bonehead
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by FlightMan
I've just read a post on another forum, a couple, he's a teacher, she's a nurse, combined income £55k. This guy reckons, with no promotions, they'll be on £75k in 5 years.

Aren't the Govt restricting public servants pay increases, or is that a smoke screen and the reason my tax has gone up?
No the Government are just ******* over the Police and the Forces
Old 24 April 2011, 02:13 PM
DYK
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Will
Teachers, i hate them with a passion!!! They should **** off to were they came fro.......

Oops, wrong thread!!

Old 24 April 2011, 02:17 PM
mrmadcap
Scooby Regular

Why don't we all go and be teachers if they are on such a good thing?
Old 24 April 2011, 02:29 PM
Jamie
Super Muppet

20k a year no thanks
Old 24 April 2011, 02:59 PM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

Can't disagree with that.

Les
Old 24 April 2011, 05:47 PM
Mark'sWRX
Scooby Regular

Please don't humour the deluded old idiot!

He doesn't have a scooby (in more ways than one!)

Who do you believe of the posters so far: Actual teachers or a strange old man with a disturbed view of the world?
Old 24 April 2011, 05:58 PM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by Leslie

Les
Les! I had you down as brighter than that?
Old 24 April 2011, 06:32 PM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Leslie

Les

Well you also need to get your head out of your **** then as what Pete posted is merely misinformed arrogant drivel
Old 24 April 2011, 06:33 PM
tony de wonderful
Scooby Regular

The arrogance of some of these Teachers is astonishing. I heard one representative on the radio and it was pure entitlement.

Quick Reply: Teachers - wake up and smell the coffee!!